Eden Hazard

the wes

That's a good analysis of messi, but the difference is that the whole barca team is built around him. The whole team prepares themselves when messi is on the ball and about 3 players always keep themselves available for a pass when messi starts his trademark runs.

This always confuses the defender becos he is not sure whether messi is going to pass, or dribble more or shoot.

But with chelsea, if hazard is dribbling, u rarely see people open up for him, or make runs(mata does a few times and u see the one twos between them)

This make the defender more focused that hazard wants to dribble only and its easier to defend than messi's situation.

If we try to play to hazard strengths and make runs while he dribbles, you will see why messi is different in argentina but better in barcelona.

Thanks.

Yeah true. Also when Messi runs towards 1 of his teammates you'll notice that they always run a couple of metres to the left or right forcing their defender to make a choice weither to move with them or try and stop Messi. If the defender chooses to go with them then it leaves a gap for Messi to run into and if they choose to try and stop Messi it makes a one-two possible.

There are a couple of things that would help make Hazard a more effective dribbler and goalscorer.

-He needs to start dribbling more, be more selfish and work on his shooting.

-We need to get better at keeping possession. More possession = more time on the ball for our attacking players.(DLP in the pivot would help a lot)

-He needs to either play on the nr 10 position or as a false 9. Playing him on the wing limits his options, makes him easier to mark, leaves him far too isolated when we struggle to distribute the ball and the constant tracking back saps his energy and makes him less effective in attack.

Thanks.

Yeah true. Also when Messi runs towards 1 of his teammates you'll notice that they always run a couple of metres to the left or right forcing their defender to make a choice weither to move with them or try and stop Messi. If the defender chooses to go with them then it leaves a gap for Messi to run into and if they choose to try and stop Messi it makes a one-two possible.

There are a couple of things that would help make Hazard a more effective dribbler and goalscorer.

-He needs to start dribbling more, be more selfish and work on his shooting.

-We need to get better at keeping possession. More possession = more time on the ball for our attacking players.(DLP in the pivot would help a lot)

-He needs to either play on the nr 10 position or as a false 9. Playing him on the wing limits his options, makes him easier to mark, leaves him far too isolated when we struggle to distribute the ball and the constant tracking back saps his energy and makes him less effective in attack.

That's true.

I kind of want to see the form of hazard at the begining of the season and I think we were playing him in the center since oscar wasn't in the team. If it means playin without oscar or pushing oscar into the pivot to bring out the true skills of hazard then I would want to see. Because a game changer(messi, ronaldo, robben, ribery, neymar) could be very good for us. They can't be taught by a coach.

Maybe this formation will help hazard more

Azpi-iva-cahill-cole

Rami/oscar - mikel

Moses - hazard - mata

Torres

This way hazard can be the main man again as he was in the begining of season.

I agree with you on the most stuff but I'd really want to dissolve the misunderstanding about Hazard not performing for the national team. He's already had good games with the Belgian team. It's just the media that makes it out to be otherwise, don't get fooled. They often refer to his statistics: 33 games and only 2 goals but almost never mention he also provided 9 assists. Also, because he made his debut at a very young age (17 years, november 2008) he did not play a full game up until his 9th cap one year later (against Hungary, november 2009). Before that it was mainly cameo appearances or early substitutions. You can't expect a kid from 17 to rip national teams apart. Then, when Leekens was our national team coach, he was benched a lot too and mostly made substitute appearances or got substituted early on. My point being, when the media refers to his 33 games that would be 2970 minutes of total playing time, whilst instead Hazard only has played 1998 minutes for his national team (because of the reasons mentioned above), which equals to only 22 games. Therefore, it would be more correct to say that he's had 22 games, 2 goals and 9 assists, which is not too shabby for a 21 year old. Source: http://www.belgianfo...-team-selection ---> click on his image

Even when he's not producing statistics, he's had good games. E.g. against Croatia he was good, put 3 players straight on goal only in the 1st half. You can't really expect much more out of a player, not his fault they did not score. And in Europe he ripped Liverpool and Genoa apart in EL. In CL he was really good against Inter and also versus CSKA Moskou. So, I hope that stops the talk about him not being good for the national team. Sure he had some bad games, but he's had good ones too. Media in Belgium just hold him to a higher standard, but it's blown out of proportion.

I understand what you're saying but remember that I didn't say he was poor in Europe and for the Belgian NT, I said he never shone. I saw a few games of him when playing for Belgium (we get Sporza here) and for Lille in Europe and sometimes he just failed to impress or was good but not great or anything, not like he did for Lille in the league.

The expectations are indeed far too high in Belgium, they like to critcize him.

That's true.

I kind of want to see the form of hazard at the begining of the season and I think we were playing him in the center since oscar wasn't in the team. If it means playin without oscar or pushing oscar into the pivot to bring out the true skills of hazard then I would want to see. Because a game changer(messi, ronaldo, robben, ribery, neymar) could be very good for us. They can't be taught by a coach.

Maybe this formation will help hazard more

Azpi-iva-cahill-cole

Rami/oscar - mikel

Moses - hazard - mata

Torres

This way hazard can be the main man again as he was in the begining of season.

Yeah i think if we played like that it would help a lot and it would make us more dangerous on the attack.

Why don't we switch Eden and Oscar? Not like the 3 maestros play like wingers anyway, let Eden play in the middle and Oscar on the left.

On defence, continue playing with 2 banks of 4 and leave Hazard + striker further forward so we can spring lightning fast counter attacks.

The only problem I'd see is that Oscar drops deeper to connect our mid to the attack which Eden won't do, or even if he does not the ideal situation, so we should ask Mata and Oscar to drop deeper in from the flanks and let the fullbacks bomb on and initiate buildup from the flanks and then to the middle in the final third. This way if fullbacks have bombed on and the attack breaks down, at least it'll happen on the flanks and not in the middle so we'll avoid quick counter attacks on our slow backline.

Why don't we switch Eden and Oscar? Not like the 3 maestros play like wingers anyway, let Eden play in the middle and Oscar on the left.

On defence, continue playing with 2 banks of 4 and leave Hazard + striker further forward so we can spring lightning fast counter attacks.

The only problem I'd see is that Oscar drops deeper to connect our mid to the attack which Eden won't do, or even if he does not the ideal situation, so we should ask Mata and Oscar to drop deeper in from the flanks and let the fullbacks bomb on and initiate buildup from the flanks and then to the middle in the final third. This way if fullbacks have bombed on and the attack breaks down, at least it'll happen on the flanks and not in the middle so we'll avoid quick counter attacks on our slow backline.

RDM will figure it out sooner or later, eventually we'll see Eden as #10.

Oscar played in three man midfield yesterday vs Colombia along with Kaka and Neymar.

This

Neymar-Kaka-Oscar

And he had poor game realy. Not that he wouldnt play good enough, but he is so better in center. Somehow there was no game through him (but mostly through Neymar and Kaka) and he was more like side player, rather then the key one as he was in past brazil games when he played #10. His passing yesterday was neat and had some nice dribbles, but nothing that would realy add to brazil power in attack.

Hazard should play more centraly, I agree.

Maybe we should try something like this

------------Striker*------

-----Hazard-------------

-----Oscar--Mata-------

---Mikel--Rambo-------

It looks like Mata and Oscar play realy deep, but actualy Hazard would be always just behind stiker, so Mata and Oscar would actualy play almost there as they do now. Oscar would have no problem going deeper, since we dont have DPL and could also shoot from distance. While Mata would addapt similar role as Xavi. Playing through all midfield, connecting midfield with attack (along Oscar). Hazard would then dribble, shoot or pass to striker. Since he would actualy exchange ball with striker oftenly, we should go after Jovetic or Neymar who are great in passing and vision.

I think this would work briliant.

Not good enough yet.

I think he's just a jealous Man united or Spurs fan.

Seeing how it's his first post. I visited the rtbf website. I found no recent articles about Hazard let alone about him wanting to join Real Madrid.

Not good enough yet.

Yes but key factor is he defo will be ready for them in 2 years, let alone the fact that I think he could put in a shift for them now. Anyway hopefully it is nothing more than mere speculation and he spends a long career at us.