Hulk

thejolta

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I what I meant by immature was that he had limited top level experience (referring to Lucas Moura). Besides it's a typical TC reaction to hate someone so easily and for no apparent reason. I bet if he signs all you lot will have a circle jerk.

I don't hate him. What gave you that idea? And I never claimed to support Hulk either, if you look back on this thread I'm on a neutral/don't sign position regarding Hulk.

As for Lucas Moura, I'm always skeptical over South American youngsters who are heralded "The next XXX". I much prefer Piazon style, 'who's this guy?' young South American signings.

:rolleyes: Typical Talk Chelsea.

He has a point to be fair. He's 21 and reports are saying he's demanding excessive wages, because he is a big thing in the French Leagues.

I'm all for Hazard signing, But at a resonable cost, he gets a realistic wage and he doesn't go gloating around SB like he's a fucking world beater.

I don't hate him. What gave you that idea? And I never claimed to support Hulk either, if you look back on this thread I'm on a neutral/don't sign position regarding Hulk.

As for Lucas Moura, I'm always skeptical over South American youngsters who are heralded "The next XXX". I much prefer Piazon style, 'who's this guy?' young South American signings.

Possible the best point thats been made in the argument over Maoura/Hazard/Hulk. I've NEVER seen Moura play where I've seen quite a bit of Hulk and Hazard, But how many players have been the new Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Romario at this stage?

I have said this in the Neymar thread before, young sensations that are making their name in South America will more often than not go down the Robinho/Javier Saviola route. Neymar in particular, I see a rubbish future for him. Too coddled, too arrogant, and in the end, too unprofessional. All the next Pele/Maradona talk goes straight to their head and they act like they have already proven themselves to be the best of their generation.

Cristiano Ronaldo is an arrogant prick but he's been there and done it all, he has a right to do so, and he always works hard on the training pitch. Reportedly, he doesn't drink, either. Neymar, on the other hand, is a training skipping, manager sacking, visit nightclub the night before a match, type of player. He has skipped training and not even been given a reprimand, he has been caught out on the town when he should have been resting, and got Muricy Ramalho sacked because he wouldn't let him take a penalty.

He has a point to be fair. He's 21 and reports are saying he's demanding excessive wages, because he is a big thing in the French Leagues.

I'm all for Hazard signing, But at a resonable cost, he gets a realistic wage and he doesn't go gloating around SB like he's a fucking world beater.

Yeah, but it doesn't take much for the users of Talk Chelsea to go up in arms.

Besides, you only have one career. His childhood club was probably Lille and he has played at them for the past four years. There is nothing wrong with a guy trying to get the most out of what he does. You only get one shot at trophies and at a footballing career, it's only natural to want the best. Not everyone can be a Matt Le Tissier or Alan Shearer type.

Yeah, but it doesn't take much for the users of Talk Chelsea to go up in arms.

Besides, you only have one career. His childhood club was probably Lille and he has played at them for the past four years. There is nothing wrong with a guy trying to get the most out of what he does. You only get one shot at trophies and at a footballing career, it's only natural to want the best. Not everyone can be a Matt Le Tissier or Alan Shearer type.

Thats very true, Alan Shearer turned down the chance to play for Man United and win trophy after trophy. What does he have now, 1 Premiership with Blackburn, but that was his choice and he's stated he's happy by it.

But I can't imagine him or Le Tiss (One of my favourite players of all time, what a gem that lad was) would go demanding these wages.

I'm not arguing that he has a big decision, I'm arguing about his attitude. The fact is, in the top leagues, the kid has proven NOTHING. That may be abit harsh, but I refuse to believe he's as good as he is (which is one of the best in the world) until he does it against the big teams, and does it week in week out in one of the top European leagues (English, Spanish, Italian or German).

I'm not saying that because he comes from a certain league he can't be good, Because we signed Rambo from the Portugese and he's become one of the finest midfield players in the Premiership at the moment, I'm saying that he might not be as good as he thinks he is.

I have said this in the Neymar thread before, young sensations that are making their name in South America will more often than not go down the Robinho/Javier Saviola route. Neymar in particular, I see a rubbish future for him. Too coddled, too arrogant, and in the end, too unprofessional. All the next Pele/Maradona talk goes straight to their head and they act like they have already proven themselves to be the best of their generation.

Cristiano Ronaldo is an arrogant prick but he's been there and done it all, he has a right to do so, and he always works hard on the training pitch. Reportedly, he doesn't drink, either.

Thats a good point.

I personally don't think we need someone like Lucas Moura or Neymar at Chelsea. We should be signing proven players. As long as they are under 25, have talent, get the job done...that's all we can ask for.

Thats very true, Alan Shearer turned down the chance to play for Man United and win trophy after trophy. What does he have now, 1 Premiership with Blackburn, but that was his choice and he's stated he's happy by it.

But I can't imagine him or Le Tiss (One of my favourite players of all time, what a gem that lad was) would go demanding these wages.

I'm not arguing that he has a big decision, I'm arguing about his attitude. The fact is, in the top leagues, the kid has proven NOTHING. That may be abit harsh, but I refuse to believe he's as good as he is (which is one of the best in the world) until he does it against the big teams, and does it week in week out in one of the top European leagues (English, Spanish, Italian or German).

I'm not saying that because he comes from a certain league he can't be good, Because we signed Rambo from the Portugese and he's become one of the finest midfield players in the Premiership at the moment, I'm saying that he might not be as good as he thinks he is.

This.

Thats a good point.

I personally don't think we need someone like Lucas Moura or Neymar at Chelsea. We should be signing proven players. As long as they are under 25, have talent, get the job done...that's all we can ask for.

I'd like us to sign Moura/Hulk/Hazard because its someone that we need

Good points. But I think you underrate the Ligue 1 a lot. In terms of competition (not strength) I would rate the leagues like this:

1. England
  2. Germany
  3. Italy
  4. France
  5. Spain
  6. Portugal

Not to mention, Hazard has improved while Lille has regressed. Three of Lille's best players left after winning the League (Cabaye, Sow, Rami) so Hazard has gotten stronger at weakening Lille. Hazard has been almost carrying this Lille squad and was there only effective player in the Champions League. On another note, the French League not the Italian League is the most defensive league in the world. A lot of team play in a style that promotes two DMs, so naturally this league is the hardest to score in.

We've missed Aguero for demanding huge wages and not to mention players like Benzema. We can't miss an opurtunity like this.

I'd like us to sign Moura/Hulk/Hazard because its someone that we need

If Porto are willing to sell Hulk for 30 million, then we should sign him.

If not, we should look outside the box...try to sign a classical winger like Andre Ayew for 15 million. Sure, he's got AFCON duties but the kid is just quality.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You