Hulk

thejolta

Why can't he be a second choice striker and a second choice winger? That will get him much more game time.

Yes, maybe Hulk not 'must have' category, but he definitely need for us. Why? Just check the Barca, City or the Real Madrid benches. We want to compete with these teams, and we will play nearly 70 games [if everything going well] next season, so we have to rotate the whole squad, with quality players. So I think everyone will play enough matches.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it be the end of Ramires though? He can play in the double pivot, like he did for Brazil. None of us give Ramires enough credit for the work he does, he adapted his game to become a winger and he can just as easily adapt to become a CM in a double pivot which is more his natural position anyway. He'll still be used as a winger for rotation, signing Hulk means we'll have Hulk, Hazard, Mata, Ramires, Marin as options for those 3 positions. This 'end of Ramires' stuff is overstated

Perhaps but he was fairly ordinary last time we used him in that role. Plus it would break up the Lampard-Mikel pairing.

I'm still not sure that's his official twitter, I seem to recall someone saying earlier that Hulks agent was following it (or something on those lines). But someone seemed to prove it was fake. And when you look at his discussions, he seems to discuss with fake accounts. i.e He was talking to a fake Neymar account and also what appears to be a fake Marcelo account,he would surely have more that 2k followers(Lucas Leiva being an exception :)). He also said something like this a few days ago:

Givanildo V. Souza@OficialHulk

Thanks for the messages of support from Chelsea fans!

25 May

That was followed up by:

Liverpool FC News@LiverpooIFCNews

Looks like Hulk is off to Chelsea. RT @OficialHulk Thanks for the messages of support from Chelsea fans!

25 May

@LiverpooIFCNews No, just thank the messages of support.

Hide conversation

Thinking about it, It does seem a bit forward of him to tweet what he did and all of a sudden just start following everything Chelsea, even Chelsea chants Lol

I dunno, I'm in two minds about the authenticity.

Still dont believe it, that reporter might have just posted some old pic of him and Hulk

Even if it's an old picture is confirmed that this is not the real Hulk account?

Even if it's an old picture is confirmed that this is not the real Hulk account?

I cannot say for sure right now, but i wouldnt trust it....No Brazilian player outside Lucas Levia follows him, the marcelo and and some other Porto player that he follows account are both fake and have just 2k followers...Like really marcelo just 2k followers?...Even Lukaku has 60k something...

Very pleased we're getting our transfer dealings sorted early - this is vital if we're bringing in 4 or 5 new first team players to allow them to adapt and the players already here to get used to them. Not every player can get chucked in and adapt instantly like Mata!

Hopefully have all things sorted before our US tour.

Just putting this out to dispel any lingering doubts, after which I'm sure there still will be lingering doubts with the paranoia settling in here with some still thinking Hazard hasn't specifically signed for us.

Coming from the most popular/credited English speaking Portugese specific football writer out there.

45]

Following

For those asking, yes, @OficialHulk is an authentic account. I've checked in person.http://twitpic.com/9qvbij

589326859.jpg?key=15362048

Just putting this out to dispel any lingering doubts, after which I'm sure there still will be lingering doubts with the paranoia settling in here with some still thinking Hazard hasn't specifically signed for us.

Coming from the most popular/credited English speaking Portugese specific football writer out there.

45]

Following

For those asking, yes, @OficialHulk is an authentic account. I've checked in person.http://twitpic.com/9qvbij

Looked at that pic quickly and thought yer man was cupping Hulks balls

45]

Following

That man is probably the most reliable there is on Twitter when it comes to Portugal and football from my experience. Hope he's telling the truth.

I'm not sure if people realise, and I could be completely wrong here, but I think I know why we're going after Hulk -

1st of all, Big Roman can afford it, so no worries there. We got over £100mil from the Champions League/Premier League last season. That, on top of his own money, means we're pretty good financially.

Anyway, to my point -

Last season, we had a starting 11 which most would agree was our 'strongest' team - and then we had bench/squad players to step in if one of our main XI players got injured.

That's not good enough for European Champions.

We have to have quality throughout the entire squad, so that if someone gets injured, it's not as big of a loss. It also means we can rotate players and keep everyone fresh as possible without lowering the strength of our line-up significantly.

The reason for Hulk being brought in is simple IMO - Roman wants to continue the instant success and try for the Champions League again next season (hence splashing so much on Hulk),

while also building towards the future with the likes of De Bruyne etc.

Real Madrid have a top player in every position, goalkeeper aside, for example.

That's what we need to truly be a top team.

(I'm not trying to say that Hulk is the perfect option - I just think I understand what's going on in Roman's head.)

1st of all, Big Roman can afford it, so no worries there. We got over £100mil from the Champions League/Premier League last season. That, on top of his own money, means we're pretty good financially.

I'm not sure where you pulled that number from .. the summation of CL prize money and TV revenue from it is ~50m £.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You