No need to buy a new Right-back

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We should get a RB that is at around the age of 28-29... and just to provide cover. Until the dude reaches the age of 32, by that time Todd Kane, hopefully would be able to mature and grow to become part of the first team.

If all else fails, Ramires can play there for a game or two. Still, it would be nice to ship out Paulo, much as I love him, and bring in a new right back.

Disagree. Paulo is okay being 7th choice RB. so i dont mind having a decent back-up who wont make a fuss out of not playing regularly

Paulo bossed against Benfica. He is good for cover, but I always worry when he is in the Starting XI.

There really is a shortage of Fullbacks in the world right now.

Mauricio Isla

Azpilicueta

Gregory van Der Wiel

Mathieu Debuchy

There isn't the luxury of choice, really.

Paulo bossed against Benfica. He is good for cover, but I always worry when he is in the Starting XI.

There really is a shortage of Fullbacks in the world right now.

Mauricio Isla

Azpilicueta

Gregory van Der Wiel

Mathieu Debuchy

There isn't the luxury of choice, really.

That. Imperative that we snap one of them up ASAP before they are taken by others. If not, we might end up with a 2nd or even 3rd rate RB in the future.

I've seen Kane play live, He looks like a player for the future. Given the right treatment i'm sure he'll become a quality player... Hutchinson? I'm not sure we can really rely on him for back-up, Not that i don't want it. Just it's pretty risky seeing as he's already retired once.

I think we do need a RB, Just who? I've never seen either Van Der Wiel or Cesar Azpilicueta play. Just from what i've heard, Van Der Wiel is like Bosingwa. He's apparently awful at defending and poor at going forward. Also Van Der Wiel won't want to be sitting on the bench watching Ivanovic play. So whoever we get, They're going to have to realise they won't be playing week in - week out.

I understand that everyone is optimistic about Todd Kane, but why is no one mentioning Tomas Kalas? The kid had an amazing season on loan in the Eredivisie. Personally, I rate him much higher.

i think the problem is that Ivan is a great defensive right back and bos is a great attacking right back and there is no balance. for example ashley Cole is amazing at both. i think if Roman wants to buy one then why not though if we are smart we could play Ivan in the tougher games then in the easier fixtures play someone like David Luiz there as it gives him a bit more license to roam forward and can still do a good job at the back as we saw through the progression of last season.