No need to buy a new Right-back

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree actually for the reasons you have given and if the youth struggle if Bran goes down for a spell then there are plenty of other players who could slide into that spot and be solid there until he`s back..there are a couple of teams that Bran struggles against,the teams with elite speed on their left flanks but i don't think there`s enough to make us have to buy a flyer at the RB at this stage. i personally would play Ramires at full back against Bale for example.

probably best to put the question before the answer tho. :D

We absolutely cannot rely on Sam. He is never going to be a first team player. He will never fully recover from the injury and as optimistic as some members are here he will never be his former self. We need to invest in a right back and have Sam as a part player.

We absolutely cannot rely on Sam. He is never going to be a first team player. He will never fully recover from the injury and as optimistic as some members are here he will never be his former self. We need to invest in a right back and have Sam as a part player.

Well mate, we need to buy a right back, as I take your words. But who is it? Van der Wiel or Azpillicueta? No need mate.

i agree with that also. we can't rely on Sam. but when the OP brought Kane into the convo i agreed with the post as a whole. Bran is pretty solid and seems to get suspended more than injured so we shouldn't need someone who is ready to start for any prolonged time just yet anyway.

i agree with that also. we can't rely on Sam. but when the OP brought Kane into the convo i agreed with the post as a whole. Bran is pretty solid and seems to get suspended more than injured so we shouldn't need someone who is ready to start for any prolonged time just yet anyway.

Moreover Kane is pretty much promising. Play Branna for most of the matches. But where we need to attack a low-block opponent, we should play Ramires as a right-back.

We need a right-back. Kane hasn't been trusted yet and maybe for a reason? He plays in the reserves/youth team, in whichever league he plays, it's still a massive gap between there and the premier league and champions league. Both Kane and Sam were unable to overtake the amazing pair of Bosingwa and Ferreira, it should tell you something... while Bertrand is now undoubtedly the successor to a much better Cole, which means that if the quality were there, they would have gotten their chances by now.

Ivanovic is bound to get injured, suspended or forced into center so we'd have to rely on Ferreira, but if he goes then I don't really know if I want to see Kane or Sam defending the Riberys and Ronaldos of this world. In carling cup games, why not, but there are so few CC games that we need proper cover for big games. Maybe Ferreira can do it, but I'd be more confident with someone established.

You want good depth in your squad. Sure Ivan can start as our Right back but in a long season plus injuries and suspensions that could occur we want a good right back to be able to come in.

Not sure if Sam would be up to it if Ivan suffered a bad injury and was out for awhile.

Henrique wud be a fuckin boss right back, he wud just jump on yo bitch, you come ere, mayne i fuckin kill you, yeah mayne try take the ball past me, mo fucka try take it past me, ya mo fucker u aint gettin no were bieeetch, no man just no, omfg i got the ball, ya man dats rite, i be da booooooooombbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

You want good depth in your squad. Sure Ivan can start as our Right back but in a long season plus injuries and suspensions that could occur we want a good right back to be able to come in.

Not sure if Sam would be up to it if Ivan suffered a bad injury and was out for awhile.

But if you bring in the likes of VDW, they will have to sit out in favor of Ivanovic. Surely, they won't like that?

Is there a real need to buy a right-back? I don't think so. Play Sam as Ivanovic's back-up. Promote Todd Kane for League Cup ties. Agree?

Absolutely not. This is the Premier League, you need to have quality reserves. None of us (I assume) were fans of Bosingwa, but he was still an international quality player. You can't replace him with a couple of reserve team players with no experience. Kane has never played a professional match in his life. Hutchinson has had 6 total appearances almost all as subs. It's quite possible that neither of them will ever be good enough to play for Chelsea and they definitely aren't good enough yet. Ryan Bertrand played 129 games on loan before he was ready to play at Chelsea. If either of these guys have a future at Chelsea, it will be through that route.

We need a right-back. Kane hasn't been trusted yet and maybe for a reason? He plays in the reserves/youth team, in whichever league he plays, it's still a massive gap between there and the premier league and champions league. Both Kane and Sam were unable to overtake the amazing pair of Bosingwa and Ferreira, it should tell you something... while Bertrand is now undoubtedly the successor to a much better Cole, which means that if the quality were there, they would have gotten their chances by now.

Ivanovic is bound to get injured, suspended or forced into center so we'd have to rely on Ferreira, but if he goes then I don't really know if I want to see Kane or Sam defending the Riberys and Ronaldos of this world. In carling cup games, why not, but there are so few CC games that we need proper cover for big games. Maybe Ferreira can do it, but I'd be more confident with someone established.

This is a not a valid argument.

We saw Sturridge at Bolton with an amazing loan stint, while our forwards were shit and Carlo didn't give him his opportunity. We paid heavily by not playing him, he proved everyone wrong.

If Alvaro Pereira was signed last summer, and you would have made the same argument about Bertrand and how is not good enough. Something in this line "The fact we spent 25m on a backup should tell you something about Bertrand quality."

Anyway i hope we give Kane playing time next season. For me confidence in a youngster is more important then consistent playing time on loan. I remember sturridge saying biggest factor in his performance was a manager who trusted him.

I feel if we give Kane occasional playing time, it will really boast his confidence. Show that the manager and club believes in him.

Absolutely not. This is the Premier League, you need to have quality reserves. None of us (I assume) were fans of Bosingwa, but he was still an international quality player. You can't replace him with a couple of reserve team players with no experience. Kane has never played a professional match in his life. Hutchinson has had 6 total appearances almost all as subs. It's quite possible that neither of them will ever be good enough to play for Chelsea and they definitely aren't good enough yet. Ryan Bertrand played 129 games on loan before he was ready to play at Chelsea. If either of these guys have a future at Chelsea, it will be through that route.

Well, then I think we will continue the same harsh story for the youths. Agree with you totally mate, about the loan part. But that deals with a prolonged time. If you keep track of TheChelsOrg.com and their youth handle @chelseayouth on twitter (they can be on here too), then you would read an article by @chelseayouth. There he showed us, all the youths of other teams are flourishing more than ours. Like, Gibbs and Bertrand are of same age, but the latter has flourished more (leave out his injury problems). So other teams are showing more confidence in their youths, than us.