Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

I think so.

But we have to look at what we're even going in for him for.

If we're getting him to be back-up to Hazard, there's a plethora of cheaper options who'd do the job.

Aubameyang who can also be a starter on the right hand side if he proves himself good enough and even play as a proper striker.

De Bruyne - Who could be a starter or back up.

Jese (a personal favourite of mine) who's being misused by Real Madrid. He's like a Spanish Hazard..or Ronaldo.

Piazon (people seem to have faith in him and I'd be willing to give him a shot as back up)

Payet of Lille whose transfer evaluation is about to sky-rocket.

Luis Muriel whose transfer evaluation is also about to shoot up.

Amin Affane if the club would bloody use him correctly. So talented but going to waste. If they could also pick up Kakuta again and get the ball rolling he'd be an option (although I prefer him through the centre.)

Juan Quintero

Jean-Paul Boëtius from Feyenoord. I expect really big things from him.

Jeremain Lens (since PSV want Bruma he could be part of the deal)

Heung-Min Son - He can cover pretty much anywhere.

Griezmann

As for keeping Hazard on the left and going for someone to start for us on the right:-

Sanchez

De Bruyne (perhaps)

Di Maria

Gaitan (although he'd be used as an inside-forward most likely which I believe he really should be converted to)

Jese (again)

Aubameyang (again)

Aubameyang - He's a striker.

De Bruyne - He's already registered as one of our players in case you've missed that.

Jese - Do you really think Real would even contemplate selling Jese?

Piazon - Piazon isn't better than Schurrle. If you're willing to give him a shot as back up (something Schurrle won't be, he'll be a squad player who can provide Mourinho with tactical flexibility and a more direct threat) then you might as well give Marin a shot.

Payet - Again, won't be available for less than £17m.

Muriel - A striker, who again won't be available for less than £17m.

Amin Affane - LOL.

Juan Quintero - A CAM of which we have plentiful in the squad.

JP Boetuis - Nowhere near ready, shouldn't even be mentioned as a first team squad player for us when he's barely even played at Feyenoord.

Jeremain Lens - A decent suggestion but Schurrle's a better player.

Heung-Min Son - He's off to Leverkussen to replace Schurrle.

Griezmann - Not going to go for cheaper than £17m.

Alexis Sanchez - Not going to go for cheaper than £17m.

De Bruyne - Already part of the squad.

Di Maria - Clearly not going to go for anything cheaper than £17m.

Gaitain, Jese, Aubayemang - Again, not going for anything cheaper than £17m.

All realistic. Most would be cheaper than Schurrle and the ones who'd be more expensive would more than likely be better especially for a possession-based team.

The majority of them are nowhere near as realistic as you're trying to make them out to be.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 mil for schurlle, add 5mil more and get DI MARIA who is heads and shoulders above him... and real do want to sell him.

I don't think Real will sell Di Maria for 25m euros to be honest. If they were then obviously City or us would've brought him in instead of Schurrle or Navas.

Bayern were not set up as a counter attacking team. You don't out score your opponents in the league by 50+ goals by playing counter attacking football

we scored 103 league goals as a counter attacking team

we scored 103 league goals as a counter attacking team

we also probably had more possession of the ball too. going on the counter attack doesn't make you a counter attacking team. Most direct teams can be considered a counter team because they attack so quickly after gaining possession.

I don't think Real will sell Di Maria for 25m euros to be honest. If they were then obviously City or us would've brought him in instead of Schurrle or Navas.

i think di maria is valued at 25mil pounds. i dont know how much we got schurlle for but +5 to 10 mil for di maria is a very good and better deal.

Leif you cannot take Leverkusen statistics and compare them with our team. they play completely different in a different league, where schürrle plays under different circumstances etc. also statistics not always tell you the truth. he is a decent player, not as awful as you making him out to be (dont know why you having an anti-schürrle agenda tbh). he is not world-class, but he has potential and would add much needed depth to this squad. 20 millions would be a decent price too. our scouts have followed him for over a year- so there HAS TO BE something, they see in him, that is needed for our team.

also he didnt stagnate since moving. he got better and more mature than for mainz. also he got into the national side etc and has had some experience in the EL. he is schürely a better player than he was before.

yes, he is shooting a lot and so? sometimes he has to shoot, because he has no other options etc. Ronaldo also shoots often, and scores not so often- still nobody would say that Ronaldo hasnt got a tremendous shooting-technique.

If we buy Cavani and Hulk, I really don't know where Schurrle is going to play? I would feel bad for him, he can be next Marin.

As some have mentioned, Schurrle is bought to add more depth to the squad. He can play anywhere behind the ST, though primarily on the LW.

i think di maria is valued at 25mil pounds. i dont know how much we got schurlle for but +5 to 10 mil for di maria is a very good and better deal.

Everyone would have di maria over schurrle. I doubt we would be able to get him for 25. Probably be closer to 35 than 25 imo. And even then, theres no guarentee di maria would want to come here.

Everyone would have di maria over schurrle. I doubt we would be able to get him for 25. Probably be closer to 35 than 25 imo. And even then, theres no guarentee di maria would want to come here.

That's like the third post of yours that I've quoted reely quick, and it's all just an beautiful coincidence :P

I'd not have Di Maria over Schurrle, He's a fucking argentinian, we have 4 brazilians or more in our squad. He'd get bullied and would be damaging for our squad harmony.

That's like the third post of yours that I've quoted reely quick, and it's all just an beautiful coincidence :P

I'd not have Di Maria over Schurrle, He's a fucking argentinian, we have 4 brazilians or more in our squad. He'd get bullied and would be damaging for our squad harmony.

Not sure if serious?

Really. 1 Argentian would damage morale. I don't like arsenal and tottenham, yet a lot of my friends are fans of those teams. Seems rather extreme.

Not sure if serious?

Really. 1 Argentian would damage morale. I don't like arsenal and tottenham, yet a lot of my friends are fans of those teams. Seems rather extreme.

Sometimes, I just like to toss a grenade and run away :P

Oh and before I get banned for being racist, it was a joke lol. I was going to put the goober smiley but didn't feel like it lol

Edited by Backstreet09

The rumor says RM want him out and he wants out. i dont know how jose and di maria ended their time in madrid but the fact that jose bought him and made him an integral part of the first team over kaka should tell us something. moreover i dont think we need a "squad buy" at the moment but infact some1 who can fill in MAZACAR's boots as and when, some1 who already has a lot of european experience too, to take off the pressure off them.

The rumor says RM want him out and he wants out. i dont know how jose and di maria ended their time in madrid but the fact that jose bought him and made him an integral part of the first team over kaka should tell us something. moreover i dont think we need a "squad buy" at the moment but infact some1 who can fill in MAZACAR's boots as and when, some1 who already has a lot of european experience too, to take off the pressure off them.

Tbf i think that a squad buy is to do that role. I think he will get quite a few games atm, because if we look at it closely if we assume Hazard has the left wing spot on Lock, then we have Moses, Marin and Oscar to play Wide right. Schurrle is definitely better than the first 2, and i'm hoping we buy a proper DM and integrate oscar into a more central position just behind mata. So i see him as very much as a fringe player. In the top 15 players who will play the most over the course of the season.

On the Di Maria front, very few will now the exact details. Perhaps he doesn't want to play in England, or is happy and settled in madrid. (Not too unreasonable of an assumption). So its never as easy as they want to sell and we want to buy. And i would like to think that if he was actually available for a reasonable price we would have been in for him.