Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not the end for sturridge. lukaku and bruyne are getting loaned to werder if reports are to be believed. that leaves us with 2 strikers, no team goes into a season with only 2. schurrle would make it 3.

are you serious!? i honestly believed that KDB would be given fair shot/chance. there is no need for schurrle, kdb can easily take wing spot/ cm role.

this team man, we buy ooscar for 20mil yet have kdb same age in all and loan him out!? we are by far the most daft club when growing talent. i know it is just rumor but i can just see it happening.

:doh:

If we're going for German blood then Muller should be our primary target.

^^ This. He can play right side aswell which we're lacking in. The more expensive Schurlle becomes the better we would be placed to bid for Muller. I think Bayern would sell for £20-25m.

^^ This. He can play right side aswell which we're lacking in. The more expensive Schurlle becomes the better we would be placed to bid for Muller. I think Bayern would sell for £20-25m.

very true!

iknow i got more chance of winning the lottery

but imagine, JUST IMAGINE if we nicked muller and Schweiny WOWOWOWOWOWWWWW :getin: :getin: :getin:

very true!

iknow i got more chance of winning the lottery

but imagine, JUST IMAGINE if we nicked muller and Schweiny WOWOWOWOWOWWWWW :getin: :getin: :getin:

I think Muller is a very real possibility if we were pursuing him. He's no longer an automatic first choice at Bayern but he still oozes real class and quality.

I think they'd sell too, but he'd cost a lot and he's not a natural right-sided player. With Bayern he functions mostly as a second striker which is why he wasn't playing as much (Bayern was moving away from that formation). His ideal positions IMO is either as second striker or as an attacking midfielder. He is a terrific player and will do well anywhere, but if Chelsea are looking for a natural winger, he really isn't one. Personally, I'd love him with Chelsea because he's such an intelligent and talented player and has proven his quality at the highest levels. An attacking midfield 3 of Mueller, Hazard, and Mata would be fantastic (and all three are flexible enough where traditional roles needn't apply.)

As for Schurrle, I think he'll be a very good player, but he took a step backwards last season. My big concern is what his arrival would mean for Sturridge. The idea of spending 20M on Schurrle and then selling Sturridge for 10M seems absurd to me.

Are people seriously judging Schurrle from what they saw at the Euro's??? if thats the case then Benzema and RVP look like very average strikers to me! and the likes of Negredo and Kerzhakov look like League 2 standard strikers.

Schurrle would be an unbelievbale signing and im so glad the club can see that! he is very good out wide and also very good as a striker! for his age he is one of the best young forwards in Europe, He has potential to be world class and i can see him being easily better than the likes of Sturridge in a few years time.

I really hope we can sign this kid as it would be a truly quality addition to our squad.

Are people seriously judging Schurrle from what they saw at the Euro's??? if thats the case then Benzema and RVP look like very average strikers to me! and the likes of Negredo and Kerzhakov look like League 2 standard strikers.

Schurrle would be an unbelievbale signing and im so glad the club can see that! he is very good out wide and also very good as a striker! for his age he is one of the best young forwards in Europe, He has potential to be world class and i can see him being easily better than the likes of Sturridge in a few years time.

I really hope we can sign this kid as it would be a truly quality addition to our squad.

i suspect although i`m sure it`s not true for everyone,he is being rubbished by people who have a man crush on Hulk (that definately seems the case with Bluelyon) where as Hulk is a left footed RW. Schurrle is a right footed CF playing LW sometimes. i think he`s being looked at as a CF who if we had better players at the position out he can fill in at LW but CF will be his primary position.

i suspect although i`m sure it`s not true for everyone,he is being rubbished by people who have a man crush on Hulk (that definately seems the case with Bluelyon) where as Hulk is a left footed RW. Schurrle is a right footed CF playing LW sometimes. i think he`s being looked at as a CF who if we had better players at the position out he can fill in at LW but CF will be his primary position.

yes i agree! i think Lukaku will go out on loan, so Schurrle will come in as a striker and fight for a place in the team with Torres and Sturridge (if he isn't sold) and then also get games out wide as well. Buying Schurrle certainly doesn't mean we will not sign Hulk.