Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Signing Schurrle just means end for Sturridge... It's simple as that. I'd rather keep Danny here.

Blues Set To Increase Schurrle Bid - Telegraph - http://sbn.to/RZUCrK

Chelsea are considering a second improved offer of around £20m for Andre Schurrle after £17m bid was rejected [telegraph]

I can see where you coming from but I can envision a scenario where Schurrle is used as a Winger and Sturridge as a Centre Foward. The only way to accomodate both is if Sturrdige is the number two Striker and Schurrle is restricted to the wings.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see where you coming from but I can envision a scenario where Schurrle is used as a Winger and Sturridge as a Centre Foward. The only way to accomodate both is if Sturrdige is the number two Striker and Schurrle is restricted to the wings.

Schurle is only just a bit better on the wing than Danny. He too is naturally a striker; Don't we ever learn from our mistakes?

Schurle is only just a bit better on the wing than Danny. He too is naturally a striker; Don't we ever learn from our mistakes?

I'm sure there is a plan and the club isn't just throwing cash at every good player in the foward positions.

http://football-talk.co.uk/65237/chelsea-transfer-news-blues-hold-further-talks-over-20m-deal/

Due to these articles i can only come to 2 conclusions:

1. Daniel sturridge has decided to leave the club ( Daniel sturridge is better than schurrle in my opinion so it wouldnt make sense for the club to want to sell sturridge to buy schurrle)

2. Schurrle is a lw but can play on the right and that is why we buying him to play on the right and sturridge will stay as 2nd choice striker behind nando

http://football-talk...-over-20m-deal/

Due to these articles i can only come to 2 conclusions:

1. Daniel sturridge has decided to leave the club ( Daniel sturridge is better than schurrle in my opinion so it wouldnt make sense for the club to want to sell sturridge to buy schurrle)

2. Schurrle is a lw but can play on the right and that is why we buying him to play on the right and sturridge will stay as 2nd choice striker behind nando

Exactly. Maybe Sturrdge has handed in a tranfer request and it just hasn't been reported yet...

Exactly. Maybe Sturrdge has handed in a tranfer request and it just hasn't been reported yet...

If so then i agree with the transfer, I think schurrle or jovetic would be a good replacement for sturridge

This guy is very selfish, redundant signing, Sturridge can do everything he can and more. People shouldn't criticise Danny for his selfish tendancies, he's a striker and wanted to show the boss that he deserves his place their. Plus their is the added bonus of him being English thus aiding or meeting those quota systems. Studge had a bad second half of the season but as a whole him and Mata carried us for the first half of the season, I saw him take England to the U21 final, he was the leading scorer and voted player of the season (the only other person to achieve this was Tevez) as City won the Nike Cup in his youth career and proved himself as a natural goalscorer at Bolton scoring some wonderful goals.

If you ask any of your friends whether they would take Sturridge, most of them would say yes. At 22 he's got too much talent to replace. Ancelotti called him the quickest player he ever worked with and this guy managed Sheva in his prime! He more than merits his place in our team and we'd be stupid to sell him.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/7889847/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Bayer Leverkusen director Wolfgang Holzhauser has not ruled out Andre Schurrle's exit from the club.

The German outfit revealed at the weekend that they had turned down a bid in excess of £16million from Chelsea for the 21-year-old German international.

While Holzhauser says he laid the topic to rest at the weekend, he admits that might not yet be the end of the matter.

He told Rheinische Post newspaper: "I am not keen on ruling anything out at any point in time, but personally I have laid this topic to full rest last weekend.

"Of course, we have seriously considered the offer. We did. Still we came to the conclusion we would be unable to sign an adequate and affordable replacement for Andre Schurrle."