Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

His twitter still says bayer 04 on it.

That's because he still hasn't agreed personal terms, complete the medical etc with us yet.

Took awhile for Hazard to change his when he joined us.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever. We got enough playmakers, no idea why we need to play 4. Oscar, Mata, Hazard are still all three starters for me and they are creative enough. Also Lampard, Romeu and Chalobah, Josh, if they comes back can all play a decent pass from deep. It's not that there is no way from midfield to attack. I think our problem is rather we often are too narrow and do not enough space. A really good deep lying playmaker like Modric would help us offensively with his immense quality, but I do not see the need to sign a DLP only for having one. A DLP like Banega, CAbaye or Etxebarria would not really be that much of an upgrade. As long as Mazacar all start, I am rather concerned about the pivot protecting the back. As long as we play 3-4 players who literally can't defend, safety comes first. De Rossi could partner any of our midfielders and we would have a pivot that would provide a much better all-round package with and without the ball. If we sign a DLP, we would be slightly more creative but much more vulnerable. We lack pace and steel not skill or creativity.

What he means is a deep lying playmaker for the pivot - one that can connect the defence and attack together - something we sorely missed last season, and is the reason why Luiz was pushed up to midfield.

Being too passionate about your team (and football in general) can make you a drama queen sometimes. Don't make it too hard on your selves.. It's ok to criticise but not too much especially this early. Just support the lad, he's clearly into playing for Chelsea and that's enough for me I think.

That's because he still hasn't agreed personal terms, complete the medical etc with us yet.

Took awhile for Hazard to change his when he joined us.

Since when do the CFC website ever announce anything before personal terms have been completed?

They do announce when a fee/deal has been agreed with another club.

But straight away. A. It's normally the last place to get announced and B. I can't remember seeing the CFC page announce a signing without personal terms being already agreed, as they generally are so slow to announce it that everything is agreed by then.

What he means is a deep lying playmaker for the pivot - one that can connect the defence and attack together - something we sorely missed last season, and is the reason why Luiz was pushed up to midfield.

I got it FFS. Read my fuckin post than you will get what i mean.

But straight away. A. It's normally the last place to get announced and B. I can't remember seeing the CFC page announce a signing without personal terms being already agreed, as they generally are so slow to announce it that everything is agreed by then.

Pardon me for my blurness but think I've got lost here. :lol:

The club has announced on the site that we have agreed a deal with Leverkusen for Schurrle, only subject to agreeing personal terms, medical etc. They are slow yes but it has happened in the past with others as well.

Pardon me for my blurness but think I've got lost here. :lol:

The club has announced on the site that we have agreed a deal with Leverkusen for Schurrle, only subject to agreeing personal terms, medical etc. They are slow yes but it has happened in the past with others as well.

And i am saying that i find it quite weird, because i can't remember it happenning before because it is so slow. I'm sure it has happenned before, but generally most of these things start off with:

We are pleased to announce the signing of....

Rather than,

A deal has been agreed subject to personal terms. (Thats what Skysports generally reports early).

I got it FFS. Read my fuckin post than you will get what i mean.

Why are you getting so aggressive? :blink:

If we don't need that sort of player then why did Luiz play more than a handful of games in midfield? It's clear that when you're playing someone out of position for quite a few games that you need a type of player in your squad, which is why I believe we do need a midfielder (I believe that Oscar can actually be developed into that role with time) that can link up the team instead of the likes of Mata or Hazard or Oscar when he does play in the '3' dropping deep causing our team to lose shape and causing our forward line and channels to be skewed.

And i am saying that i find it quite weird, because i can't remember it happenning before because it is so slow. I'm sure it has happenned before, but generally most of these things start off with:

We are pleased to announce the signing of....

Rather than,

A deal has been agreed subject to personal terms. (Thats what Skysports generally reports early).

They are just taking precaution if anything, in case if the club and player can't agree to anything on the contract etc. Don't want to be jumping the gun.

Why are you getting so aggressive? :blink:

If we don't need that sort of player then why did Luiz play more than a handful of games in midfield? It's clear that when you're playing someone out of position for quite a few games that you need a type of player in your squad, which is why I believe we do need a midfielder (I believe that Oscar can actually be developed into that role with time) that can link up the team instead of the likes of Mata or Hazard or Oscar when he does play in the '3' dropping deep causing our team to lose shape and causing our forward line and channels to be skewed

I am pretty sure we did not play Luiz there for his playmaking abilites. I think Mikel was injured and we were out of depth. Secondly we played Luiz because of his defensive abilites. He is a better tackler than Mikel and covers more ground. In the Luiz-Lamps midfield, Lamps was the DLP...

+we still got Lampard, who is enough of a DLP for now. 2014/15 we will have Chalobah and/or Mceachran ready to succeed him. I do not see any sense in purchasing a minor upgrade. We should first make sure we are defensively ok. manCity&Benfica simply sliced through our midfield. We need more protection. Mata dropping deep to distribute is completely normal for a playmaker. +If we had more width we would have more space in the middle, which would facilitate the transition from defence to attack.

What squad number do you think he will get guys? (He wears the Number 9 for both Germany and Leverkusen)

i'm looking forward to the andre schurrle chant that the fans will come up with i know someone is already thinking it up haha

this is clearly not a Mou singing since we were linked with him last year too

i hope this deal somehow falls through, hopefully he'll fail his medical

Makalele,Cech,Robben,Lampard,Joe Cole,Eidur,Terry,Duff,Bridge...yeah Jose doesn't do much with players he doesn't "sign"....