Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

i think di maria is valued at 25mil pounds. i dont know how much we got schurlle for but +5 to 10 mil for di maria is a very good and better deal.

Everyone would have di maria over schurrle. I doubt we would be able to get him for 25. Probably be closer to 35 than 25 imo. And even then, theres no guarentee di maria would want to come here.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone would have di maria over schurrle. I doubt we would be able to get him for 25. Probably be closer to 35 than 25 imo. And even then, theres no guarentee di maria would want to come here.

That's like the third post of yours that I've quoted reely quick, and it's all just an beautiful coincidence :P

I'd not have Di Maria over Schurrle, He's a fucking argentinian, we have 4 brazilians or more in our squad. He'd get bullied and would be damaging for our squad harmony.

That's like the third post of yours that I've quoted reely quick, and it's all just an beautiful coincidence :P

I'd not have Di Maria over Schurrle, He's a fucking argentinian, we have 4 brazilians or more in our squad. He'd get bullied and would be damaging for our squad harmony.

Not sure if serious?

Really. 1 Argentian would damage morale. I don't like arsenal and tottenham, yet a lot of my friends are fans of those teams. Seems rather extreme.

Not sure if serious?

Really. 1 Argentian would damage morale. I don't like arsenal and tottenham, yet a lot of my friends are fans of those teams. Seems rather extreme.

Sometimes, I just like to toss a grenade and run away :P

Oh and before I get banned for being racist, it was a joke lol. I was going to put the goober smiley but didn't feel like it lol

Edited by Backstreet09

The rumor says RM want him out and he wants out. i dont know how jose and di maria ended their time in madrid but the fact that jose bought him and made him an integral part of the first team over kaka should tell us something. moreover i dont think we need a "squad buy" at the moment but infact some1 who can fill in MAZACAR's boots as and when, some1 who already has a lot of european experience too, to take off the pressure off them.

The rumor says RM want him out and he wants out. i dont know how jose and di maria ended their time in madrid but the fact that jose bought him and made him an integral part of the first team over kaka should tell us something. moreover i dont think we need a "squad buy" at the moment but infact some1 who can fill in MAZACAR's boots as and when, some1 who already has a lot of european experience too, to take off the pressure off them.

Tbf i think that a squad buy is to do that role. I think he will get quite a few games atm, because if we look at it closely if we assume Hazard has the left wing spot on Lock, then we have Moses, Marin and Oscar to play Wide right. Schurrle is definitely better than the first 2, and i'm hoping we buy a proper DM and integrate oscar into a more central position just behind mata. So i see him as very much as a fringe player. In the top 15 players who will play the most over the course of the season.

On the Di Maria front, very few will now the exact details. Perhaps he doesn't want to play in England, or is happy and settled in madrid. (Not too unreasonable of an assumption). So its never as easy as they want to sell and we want to buy. And i would like to think that if he was actually available for a reasonable price we would have been in for him.

Hazard-Mata-Hulk

Schürrle-Oscar-KDB

Marin------Moses

now that is some crazy depth. Amazing what quality even our second offense lineup would have. I doubt we sign both Hulk and Schürrle, would be too expensive, even though I'd rather have Hulk than Schürrle. Also mean that KDB will go on loan again or Marin will feature for the reserve team more often

Think the club are convinced Schurrle could be another Robben and will improve playing with better players. They do have similar playing styles after all...

Not sure what it means for Eden though.

This means Eden wont burn his legs off with all his running and involvement in every game...

Btw. I really think there are better options than shurrle

Schurrle is a step up on a player such as Moses or Kalou: he will be a brilliant addition as a squad player.

People need to realise we can't sign an Eden Hazard or a Juan Mata every fucking time. This is not Football Manager.

Today I'm reading that Schurrle's dad has said he'll be joining us for £14m. Probably just rubbish but that I would be happy with.

I'd be happy with that and I think it would do him the world of good because he's got a lot of shit on here, almost exclusively because people thought we would lose De Bruyne. That led to comparisons and people essentially looking for reasons not to sign Schurrle/lose KDB.

He had nothing to do with these negotiations and he wasn't the one asking for KDB to go the other way. He's just a very promising young man looking to challenge himself on the biggest stage and that's what we want at this club.