BlueLion.

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Torres will start.

Yeah. It's gotta be between kalou torres and sturridge for the winger positions. Torres on the right and tracking back to help poor bosi.

Don't think Torres AND Drogba will start together...although he has experimented playing both of them at the same time, he has not started a game with both on the pitch. Depending on Malouda's fitness things could change, but I think the most likely lineup upfront and in the mid will involve Lampard, Mikel, Kalou, Mata, Drogba/Torres and Sturridge/Essien/Malouda.

From a tactical point of view, I believe the key to victory on Saturday night is A) to double team Mario Gomez, and B) to press the Bavarians hard ala Dortmund. Here is a more detailed topic I posted on the matter:

http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/13406-marking-mario-gomez-is-the-key-in-munich/

Cech

Bos luiz cahill cole

Mikel Romeu

Lampard

Torres Mata

Drogba

Subs : Sturridge

Essien

Reasons:

Defense: Those are our best back 4 presently

Defensive midfield: We need mikel and Romeu to break up the play. Mikel has become much faster and more forward in his passing, while romeu hits his tackles hard and is very composed on the ball.

Playmaker : Lampard sitting infront of the Defensive midifelders getting the pass and using vision and defense splitting passes to put in our attacking Trio. He will do his fair share of defending as well as make runs into the box if given the oppurtunity. Most importantly, his latest skill at this new role is his ability to give great balls when counterattacking..... Chelsea's biggest weapon this CL final IMO.

Drifter - Mata will be our Attacking Trump card having a free role and license to roam around the Strikers and midfielders, providing assistance as well as moments of magic to open up the play.

Winger - Torres has proven over the season that he is much better than sturridge when it comes to finding team mates, putting in great crosses and not being selfish. He will work out well given he has speed and form back on his side,..... His days when he was off form made him a great team player and he unintendedly learnt wide play. If a chance is created, at this point in time, i would any day prefer torres to be taking it rather than Sturridge or Malouda.

Also He is Right Footed, and for a Right Winger we need someone with a right foot, rather than sturridge always trying to cut in and malouda....who shouldnt start this game. Drogba Torres cannot Start together- as strike partners!.... but Torres as a wide man will be great.... What service and balls to drogba to attack! Mouth Watering....

Striker : Drogba. Legend.

A win is Unlikely, but thats our favourite word nowdays as well as 'against the odds'. We can be the story of the Year.

This CL win will be so much more in terms of History, tracing back to Club turmoil, needing a win against Valencia, then The Napoli Heroics, then Benfica, followed by the greatest CL performance by any team against Barca, then playing in the finals against a team in their home stadium and winning!

We will all have stories to tell, for generations to come.

BUT. We have to win first. KTBFFH.

Let's knock these poor bastards out of CL.

So many Tottenham fans have been joining a Bayern forum that I go on and making threads and pictures like the on you just posted

They started saying things like

"Bayern have always been my favorite team in Germany"

"Bayern and Tottenham=Brothers"

I bet if Bayern win the Champions League, they'll probably won't care about Bayern anymore after that for saving their asses :D

Here is something else they made :lol:

xpq9u1.jpgI find it a bit disturbing tbh :P

About the game, we can't sit back and wait to counter, at least not to the extent we did against Valencia and Barca. We're going to have at least 40% of ball possession so we can attack as well. We need to get at them as much as they will get at us. Their midfield is pretty powerful. Nullifying Gomez could throw Bayern's entire attack out of whack.

I'd take a punt and Start Torres on the RW. He's pretty unselfish for the most part, got good pace and agility to trouble Bayern's defence. The lineup isn't as straight forward as some are making it out to be. RDM does still have SOME options.

-Bosingwa/Bertand/Ferriera----Luiz/Essien------Cahill/Mikel--------Cole/Bertand-----

------------------------------Mikel/Essien---------------Lampard/Romeu-------------------------

--Torres/Bertand/Sturridge/Mata-------Mata/Lampard-------------Kalou/Sturridge/Bertand/Mata------

------------------------------------------------Drogba--------------------------------------------

RDM will have a headache, Plenty of options as to where to play each player. Depending on the game situation,Torres and Drogba could be partnered together. Sturridge should definitely come on later in the game when fatigue sets in.

Overall, This game really is shaping up to be a Classic. I feel as the game goes on it will be a REALLY Open game and their will be waves of attacks from both sides. Could be a goal fest. I don't know about you but this Final is perhaps going to be more exciting for a Neutral than any El Classico final could. No offence to Bayern fans but Chelsea crave the CL more than you, and perhaps any set of fans in the world! KTBFFH! COYB!

So many Tottenham fans have been joining a Bayern forum that I go on and making threads and pictures like the on you just posted

They started saying things like

"Bayern have always been my favorite team in Germany"

"Bayern and Tottenham=Brothers"

I bet if Bayern win the Champions League, they'll probably won't care about Bayern anymore after that for saving their asses :D

Here is something else they made :lol:

xpq9u1.jpgI find it a bit disturbing tbh :P

I'd be pissed if I were a bayern fan and a spurs fan presented that pic to me!