Yaya Toure

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More realistic option is De Rossi who is same age.

De Rossi wants to stay at Roma...he has said many times that he would love to become a one-club man like other Italian greats of the past..

A cheap, realistic option would be Ettiene Capoue.

A cheap, realistic option would be Ettiene Capoue.

Meh...a good player but if I would be buying, it should be older and experienced midfielder (because if Lamps leaves we lack some experience in midfield and a boss to not get bullied). It should be either someone like De Rossi. If not, I would just wait for Chalobah. I mean why the f would we buy Capoue now when we have Romeu Chalobah and Mikel...

Capoue also fallen out of France squad, Gonalons, Matuidi and Pogba have taken his place.

Unless chelsea goes back to 433, I can not see any reason why Yaya is needed since he is totally no DM and needs space in the front line. He is a bit like Fellaini who has much attacking qualities and may not contribute to defence as we expect. However he is older and asks for higher salary than Fellaini.

Yeah because Chalobah will ever be as good as Toure, keep dreaming.

Kojo like anyone could even know that. He might never be as good but theres a chance he might be better.

He's 30+ and has a volatile attitude..not an attractive option.

He may be a lot better than players who play for us in a similar position, but he's not the type of player we should be going for.

Add to that, he supposedly has a price tag in excess of 20m....

Let's just hope this is nothing more than a rumor...

Yeah because Chalobah will ever be as good as Toure, keep dreaming.

Would that really be inconceivable?

I mean, Touré was playing in Beveren when he was at Nathaniel's age. I very much doubt people said back then that he would be a key player in teams such as Barcelona or Manchester City (not that City made much of an impression in 2003).

All we know now is that Nathaniel is very talented and more than able to hold his own in the Championship, even though it is a very physical league and his first season in the first team.

Personally I think that he could reach similar levels if he is given enough exposure to high-level football in the next 5-7 years. Whether it happens or not is nothing more than speculation.

Kojo like anyone could even know that. He might never be as good but theres a chance he might be better.

Would that really be inconceivable?

I mean, Touré was playing in Beveren when he was at Nathaniel's age. I very much doubt people said back then that he would be a key player in teams such as Barcelona or Manchester City (not that City made much of an impression in 2003).

All we know now is that Nathaniel is very talented and more than able to hold his own in the Championship, even though it is a very physical league and his first season in the first team.

Personally I think that he could reach similar levels if he is given enough exposure to high-level football in the next 5-7 years. Whether it happens or not is nothing more than speculation.

Chalobah is over hyped, he's a good talent but he's not that good. And since when do english players come to be world class? like once in a blue moon.

Toure on the other hand is one of the best midfielders I've ever seen, he has the laziest mentallity, but his technical skills are just fantastic, what a player. Easily Man Citys best player, to think Chalobah will be on his level is just dreaming, we say this about any youngster who we hear of in the academy.

The harsh part is i bet Chalobah will end up not even having a chance in our team, probably be sold off somewhere in a few years.

Chalobah is over hyped, he's a good talent but he's not that good. And since when do english players come to be world class? like once in a blue moon.

I disagree. I think he shows a level of composure and maturity few players his age, in fact any age, have. Physically he's got all the tools and he's also very good on a technical level.

Toure on the other hand is one of the best midfielders I've ever seen, he has the laziest mentallity, but his technical skills are just fantastic, what a player. Easily Man Citys best player, to think Chalobah will be on his level is just dreaming, we say this about any youngster who we hear of in the academy.

The harsh part is i bet Chalobah will end up not even having a chance in our team, probably be sold off somewhere in a few years.

Chalobah is very much on his way to earning a shot in our team, in a position that we're lacking. Whilst we shouldn't go overboard about every player in our academy, we should try and be honest when a player is good as well. You haven't presented a single footballing reason why you think Chalobah couldn't be as good as Toure so you just sound like a hater.

Do you think he lacks one of the tools needed to succeed? Which one? Does he lack vision? Is he not physically strong enough to compete at the top level? Do he look rushed or hurried when put under pressure?

Let us look at the facts.

Chalobah just turned 18. This is his first loan-spell, and he has been one of the best players in of the best teams in the Championship. This despite it being a very physical league and him being in a naturally exposed position. Earlier he has been a pillar in the younger Chelsea sides, and have represented his country several times, also on a youth level.

What else can we really ask from an 18-year old? As I mentioned earlier, Touré was not the player that he is today 10 years ago.

In conclusion, I would say that it is rather difficult to accuse Chalobah of being overhyped as he has so far exceeded any reasonable expectations put on him. Perhaps he will be "found out" next year if Watford play in the PL, but right now there is a good reason to be quite optimistic.

Funny thing is, Chalobah will not end up as good as Toure. Despite your arguements, despite your little salvation party going on with huge agreement fest, i would bet a million pounds on it.

Toure is one of the best midfielders I've ever seen, McEachran has shown more promise than Chalobah, and even he wont ever be in the same league as Toure.

He played the DM role at barcelona (alone) when they were at their best (as a team)... i think he will do fine.

Unless chelsea goes back to 433, I can not see any reason why Yaya is needed since he is totally no DM and needs space in the front line. He is a bit like Fellaini who has much attacking qualities and may not contribute to defence as we expect. However he is older and asks for higher salary than Fellaini.

Chabolah is not ready yet to run things in a midfield like that and it would be the worst position to have someone unexperienced playing.

Toure is 29, which means Chabolah can easely succeed him, when he's 32 Chabolah is 21, in meanwhile he can also learn of one of the best in that position so great no?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You