Nathan Aké

James

Does it really matter though?

Kalas played great in his first match and got shipped out on loan. Ake hasn't featured since, what, November?

I like him, and i pray he makes it impossible for JM to ignore him, but history has shown his chances are really nonexistant no matter what he does come subday.

Fair point, his chances of getting first team football at Chelsea are very slim...but you never know!

Mou has trusted Zouma this season...maybe Ake will be given similar opportunity if he does well in the cup final..

Fair point, his chances of getting first team football at Chelsea are very slim...but you never know!

Mou has trusted Zouma this season...maybe Ake will be given similar opportunity if he does well in the cup final..

Zouma is different. He plays by default.

Ake has cesc, matic, ramires, and for some reason mikel.

The cb position is just cahill, jt and zouma.

Hopefully, jose makes the better decision and starts ake with cesc, rather than mikel, because spurs midfield is going to rape chelsea, unless jose plans to park the bus.

Zouma has been slowly rotated in this year, what's to say Jose won't do the same to Ake? He has very little choice in playing him unless he wants to play a Cesc-Dave pivot (if we preserve the 4231) but I think he'll give Ake the green light imo. This game might decide if he becomes 3rd choice DM or 6th choice. If he plays.

You tell me, Jason. I seriously have no idea why he didn't play.

its called not trusting the youth unless they are exceptionally talented (example Kurt Zouma)

I feel bad for Aké but I think it's obvious, his career will prosper after leaving Chelsea....then after 2-3 years, we will wonder why we sold him

its called not trusting the youth unless they are exceptionally talented (example Kurt Zouma)

I feel bad for Aké but I think it's obvious, his career will prosper after leaving Chelsea....then after 2-3 years, we will wonder why we sold him

If Zouma was the exact same player from our youth team, he won't have played that game.

On the other hand, if Ake was the 10 mil pound kid from some middling French club, he would have played. I honestly believe that.

Anyway, based off the evidence of Zouma's performance, I can't see how the decision was justified. Ake on the other hand has looked brilliant when he's played there, both in the league and in the CL.

If Zouma was the exact same player from our youth team, he won't have played that game.

On the other hand, if Ake was the 10 mil pound kid from some middling French club, he would have played. I honestly believe that.

Anyway, based off the evidence of Zouma's performance, I can't see how the decision was justified. Ake on the other hand has looked brilliant when he's played there, both in the league and in the CL.

If Ake was a player from some middling French club he wouldn't be here. from what I know Ake is a CB/DM that can't play there because he is not tall enough, his best option is try to do something in the LB of a great team because it will be imposible for him to play in the CB, and he will have problems as a DM.

Zouma is everything a CB should be. Good defender, tall, strong, fast for a CB, his jump is increadible. He is the perfect young CB, like Varane was. Ake won't be taller.

I think that's the reason why Mourinho also likes Ruben Loftus-Cheek. In my opinion Ake has no future here, also because we have 2 great players that can play as LB.

Ake also had no luck with the injury he had in the moment some kids played in the cups.

I'm not sure if it's true. Aké have to fight with Matic, Fábregas, Ramires and Mikel while there is only 2 players Zouma's position. Aké's had no chance top play regularly. I would love to see him more often but he's been sitting on the bench for months while Zouma played a lot of games recently. It was the right call to name Zouma in the starting eleven.

Aké's situation at Chelsea is worrying though.. He was so good every time he played for Us.

Anytime Ake has played as a DM, he's played very well, both in the Premier League and in the Champions League. Bentaleb who was Tottenham's best player didn't just fall from the sky, he was given an opportunity by a manager who believed in his talent. All that other stuff you're typing is just gas. With all due respect, of course.

It's just that there are people that want every young player to have chances, and there are people (like me) that think we spould give chances only to the players that have the right characteristics. Our DM is Matic with experience, 194cm, great characteristics... let's face it, it will be almost imposible for Ake to do it here.

He did well when he played but sooner or later he will be out, because he don't have the quality of Matic and has also a big handicap because normally a DM shpould be taller.

THere are other DM that are not tall but in my opinion it would be difficult for a team like CHelsea to give time to develop a player with this characteriscs.

In the LB position I think he would have more chance here, but there we have Azpi and Luis.

I'm not sure if it's true. Aké have to fight with Matic, Fábregas, Ramires and Mikel while there is only 2 players Zouma's position. Aké's had no chance top play regularly. I would love to see him more often but he's been sitting on the bench for months while Zouma played a lot of games recently. It was the right call to name Zouma in the starting eleven.

Aké's situation at Chelsea is worrying though.. He was so good every time he played for Us.

Ake would have played more games if he actually cost the club some decent money, that's my point. When you have two of your holding midfielders injured and the natural option is a young, talented and mature Nathan Ake who has played well every time he's played, he has to start. Zouma has played a lot of games but he's not a DM, he's also about the same age as Ake. That can't be good for Ake's confidence at all.

He would have because he would have gone out on loan to where ever his talent/application would have shone through and he would have got in the squad.

Mou deserves a lot if credit for Zouma for me, yes it's easy to cite the price tag, but how often did we see Lukaku under AVB?