Nathan Aké

James

He would have because he would have gone out on loan to where ever his talent/application would have shone through and he would have got in the squad.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ake has never gone out on loan before. Also, loans are hardly conclusive. Just look at Nemanja Matic for example.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ake has never gone out on loan before.

No, maybe he should now he qualifies as HG because if he shines ala Sturridge (which i believe he could) he will basically come back as a new signing.

Ake would have played more games if he actually cost the club some decent money, that's my point. When you have two of your holding midfielders injured and the natural option is a young, talented and mature Nathan Ake who has played well every time he's played, he has to start. Zouma has played a lot of games but he's not a DM, he's also about the same age as Ake. That can't be good for Ake's confidence at all.

I thought you were talking about the COC-final only, my bad.

i stopped believe in him succeding here when Fabregas came for injured Mikel against some 4th league team.. guess he is one of this players who won't get many chances from Mourinho, and propably won't be here in two years

He's been good whenever he played this season, but it's obvious Mourinho doesn't trust him as the sole CDM yet.

Yesterday in the presscon he said "our only two cdms are out, so we chose Zouma".

Whenever he played this season he played alongside Mikel in the pivot to protect him. So he basically played as a CM.

At left back there might be a future here for him in 3-4 years when Luis and Ivanovic are leaving, Azpi as the RB. But I doubt that, we'll probably buy a new rb/lb.

He's been good whenever he played this season, but it's obvious Mourinho doesn't trust him as the sole CDM yet.

Yesterday in the presscon he said "our only two cdms are out, so we chose Zouma".

Whenever he played this season he played alongside Mikel in the pivot to protect him. So he basically played as a CM.

At left back there might be a future here for him in 3-4 years when Luis and Ivanovic are leaving, Azpi as the RB. But I doubt that, we'll probably buy a new rb/lb.

It was the right call not to name him against Spurs, he hasn't played in months. It was a cup final, the most important thing was not to concede goals and Zouma was the right man. Against West Ham, who knows? We need to attack and score goals against them. Zoma could be useless this time but it'd be also risky to play Oscar or Willian as a CM, so maybe this is his or RLCs big day.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck but ...

What was even a point of keeping him here, I don't really know. Same case with Lewis Baker. And then they have to find some emergency loan. What's really weird is that Jose said that Ake is practically already made player. But he didn't get his chance when there was a gate after Matic suspension and Mikel injury for Ake to get his chance. Pretty little liars I guess. Again.

From what I've seen of Ake, I think he should boss there with his already big maturity. Though there were talks that he's going to Besiktas, a current leader of Turkish League and now he's landed to fight against relegation in English Second Division. LMAO.