Spike

:clown:

Well lets say we have met in the street. I would have beaten you down so bad you would have died.

Wow ..... Says alot. How does that differentiate you from let's say Einsatzgruppe in the camps, or the ones that killed my grandfather, not for being Jewish but protecting them and having the wrong political views. How does that hate help you now? How does it feel when it is just 'others' that is the target of your hate: the ones that do not agree, that oppose, that have other views, the gays, the freemansons ....

It is not even 'middah k'neged middah'. It is pure hate, but I fear you see it as honour.

Hannah Arendt (together with Primo Levi) was right: there is triviality in pure evil. Evil is as trivial as you wanting to kill him right now.

Wow ..... Says alot. How does that differentiate you from let's say Einsatzgruppe in the camps, or the ones that killed my grandfather, not for being Jewish but protecting them and having the wrong political views. How does that hate help you now? How does it feel when it is just 'others' that is the target of your hate: the ones that do not agree, that oppose, that have other views, the gays, the freemansons ....

It is not even 'middah k'neged middah'. It is pure hate, but I fear you see it as honour.

Hannah Arendt (together with Primo Levi) was right: there is triviality in pure evil. Evil is as trivial as you wanting to kill him right now.

Do you think I should be shaking now ? :dance:

Well this has gotten out of hand...

Well lets say we have met in the street. I would have beaten you down so bad you would have died.

I think it's best that you leave this topic and don't answer to Bushman anymore, mate.

I was not serious lol.

I was not serious lol.

Funny!

post-6387-138851669296_thumb.jpg

:Goober: i am not serious as well lol!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well since we are getting salah my interest pick in all this hostility.

And being this is the political thread I was curious why Muslim, Arabic and such hate Israel so much?

I will let you know where I stand. I believe in the Bible and believe when God says Israel is his people. That's all I'm going to disclose now.

Well since we are getting salah my interest pick in all this hostility.

And being this is the political thread I was curious why Muslim, Arabic and such hate Israel so much?

I will let you know where I stand. I believe in the Bible and believe when God says Israel is his people. That's all I'm going to disclose now.

Go back a few pages and read if you are interested. This post should explain where the animosity between Arab's and the Zionists started:

....just to make sure you, and everyone reading this, understand how happened, let me draw you a timeline of the events:

- At the end of the 19th century, a corrupt and aging Ottoman empire ruled the region. Arabs were largely being marginalized and oppressed. The British, French, Russians and Germans (was still called Prussia at the time) had established special privileges in mount Lebanon under the banner of protecting religious minorities in an attempt to weaken the Empire from within. Muslims, Christians and even a Jewish minority lived peacefully in the economic center of the region: Palestine.

-1914: World War 1 started with the Ottoman Empire allying with Germany.

- 1915: In a continuation of their efforts to dismantle the Empire, the French and British made a secret agreement to divide the Arab lands between the two countries. The Zionists, who now had a large and growing influence on the politics in Europe got in on the negotiations. The British eager to please the Zionists who held some of the biggest positions in Europe and could genuinely affect the war added an "International Zone" to the plan which was intended to be the destination of Jewish immigrants from Europe.

- 1916: After failing against the Ottoman Empire in the Balkan, the British realized that they needed the help of the Arabs. So they promised Al Sherif Hussein that the Arabs will be allowed to rule their own land, from the gulf to Syria if they in exchange aim the Allies in the war. The Arabs agreed and started the "Arab revolt" against the empire.

- 1917: The British finally decided to actually go through with a Jewish state in Palestine. After contemplating places like Seychelles and Madagascar, the British decided that having an ally state in the region is in the best future for them in the long run. Note that all this was happening at the start of the oil revolution with oil being discovered in the region. This resulted in the Balfour Declaration.

- 1918: The Arab revolt was a success and the Ottomans were defeated. Al Shariff Hussein started negotiations with all the different regions in the Arab world to create a unified government. A temporary government was created headed by Rida Al Rikabi.

- 1919: World War 1 ended. British and French soldiers landed on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean and declared Lebanon, Syria, Palestine and Iraq (there was no such thing as Jordan back then), the lands they promised to the Arabs, as occupied land.

The US, who believe it or not were adored in the region and actually genuinely stood for democracy and what's right in the world at that time, sent the Kind-Crane commission to the middle east to assess the situation and stand on the people's demands. They concluded that:

"...the American people as a whole should realize that if the American government decided to support the establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine, they are committing the American people to the use of force in that area, since only by force can a Jewish state in Palestine be established or maintained." The report noted that there is a principle that the wishes of the local population need to be taken into account and that there is widespread anti-Zionist feeling in Palestine and Syria, and the holy nature of the land to Christians and Muslims as well as Jews must preclude solely Jewish dominion. It also noted that Jews at that time comprised only 10% of the population of Palestine.

- 1920: The San Ramon conference stripped the Arabs of every right to rule their own land. The French occupied Lebanon and Syria while British occupied Palestine and Iraq after small battles. In order to shut the KSA up, the state of Jordan was created and given to King Abdullah, one of the royal family of KSA.

After that, as planned, the British started a huge Jewish immigration from Europe to Palestine and gave them protection and privileges over the locals. The British took their time assembling, funding and arming an army of the newly arrived Jewish population.

- 1948: Feeling the Jewish army was strong enough and the international political climate was suiting since the world was still busy with outcomes of World War 2, the British finally oversaw the "independence" of the State of Israel. Thousands of Palestinians killed, millions thrown out of their homes and made to be come refugees in Lebanon, Syrian and Jordan where they still till this day live as refugees in camps that aren't suited to even store cattle!

After that, naturally a lot of Arab states rose to the aid of the Palestinians since they are practically the same nation with the same history. Defeats were inevitable, betrayals happened and resistance rose and fell and then rose up again and the Palestinian cause has been the number one used and abused cause in the Arab world since.

So there's the story of how the State of Israel came to be for you. Obviously there are bound to be a few things that are not clear there because you could write a book about every single sentence; that's how vast and complicated the subject is. But feel free to ask me about anything or look it up for yourself if you want something more reliable.

Didn't know where to post this as The Pub seems to be a thread for less formal matters. Opportunity the rover has been on Mars for 10 years now, what a great achievement.

Especially since they crashed it on landing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD