Spike

An accurate media coverage when it comes to Maidan in Kiev or Crimea today. It's in russian but picture speaks more than 1000 words.

I'm using my phone so I can't see videos. I'm not a political expert, But I have checked a lot of different news stations on tv (I don't hear russian so I even listen to media that dislike them) and I sense a lot of hostility there in crimea, hostility that usually leads to a split.

The tartars are supposed to be the original people there but unfortunately they form just 12% in crimea. 59% are russians, while 24% are ukrainians. Like you said, they really want autonomy but what realistic chance do they have if there are different groups in the same Crimea area.(Will each group want their own autonomy?) And their former president was removed without elections. I'm not sure they have any confidence of getting autonomy and if the parliament vote I hear about that is going to take place on march 16 goes in Russia's favor?

It will be a stumbling block to Ukraine and USA if that happens. That's what I was implying earlier.

I don't like how russia used soldiers to get into crimea instead of negotiating something but I would accuse USA of causing huge casualties in Afghanistan, iraq, pakistan and others in their invasions.

The Ukraine mess will most likely result in Russia annexing the Crimean peninsula, and leave rest of Ukraine alone. EU does not want to sanction Russia too much, and the US and Russia certainly don't want a war over something as minor as this. Very odd situation indeed.

Really hope that the situation in Ukraine doesn't spark a war. If any of the sides makes a hasty conclusion or decision, it can quickly become a WW3.

Naaah, Ukraine is not that important to NATO in order for it to spark a World War. Also, the economy and political stage isnt set for another HUGE war!

Not saying it wont happen, but in order for it to indeed happen, things will have to escalate A LOT still...

How can anyone talk about some war? Nothing will happen.

Plenty of yapping from the US, meaningless sanctions & more bullshit from America.

Meanwhile, EU is very reserved to apply any sanctions. Crimea will be part of Russia soon & Ukraine can not do anything to prevent it.

Can someone explain to me what solution was accomplished with Iran when they will still continue with their nuclear reactors?

Oh buddy seems like you haven't picked up on the game yet :). Iran will continue with its nuclear program no matter what. Realistically speaking, if the reactors don't get blown up then Iran might have its weapon within the next 10-15 yrs. The only thing that could sop Iran is target them militarily but that ain't happening now under Obama. Iran is playing smart and says its nuclear program is for the sake of energy and not for military use. If Iran manages to save energy then it will hold back on oil consumption and being also a large oil producer makes it a potential economic threat.

The U.S would love to take that away but right now they cannot rally the public opinion or the international community to strike Iran. Iran is not like Iraq or Afghanistan. Iran is going to be hell, true HELL.Similar situation to Ukraine, neither does the U.S nor its allies can economically afford a war or a strike at the mean time. Nor do they have the excuse to strike Iran since that Iran is complying well with the International Atomic Energy Agency and maneuvering politically well.

So there will be no attention at the mean time, but soon the topic will open again when the U.S is ready. War requires money and make tons afterwards. When the negative public image of Iraq and Afghanistan is removed and when a scenario that makes Iran seem like a major international threat, you will see a strike. Unless another country makes a move to strike Iran first, then the U.S will be forced to back up this country in war. Meanwhile, nothing is going to happen, the U.S is not in a hurry, they still have 10-15 yrs, Iran will keep going on.

Naaah, Ukraine is not that important to NATO in order for it to spark a World War. Also, the economy and political stage isnt set for another HUGE war!

Not saying it wont happen, but in order for it to indeed happen, things will have to escalate A LOT still...

I said that a week ago when things still were developing in a rapid pace and the climax of this event had not been reached. Though, when we want to look for an analogue from the WWII, then Sudetenland was annexed exactly for similar reason as Crimea is now - to join a piece of land that in the past was owned by Germans and was ethnically populated by german majority. The West gave in on the demands. Appetite grows while eating.

Oh buddy seems like you haven't picked up on the game yet :). Iran will continue with its nuclear program no matter what. Realistically speaking, if the reactors don't get blown up then Iran might have its weapon within the next 10-15 yrs. The only thing that could sop Iran is target them militarily but that ain't happening now under Obama. Iran is playing smart and says its nuclear program is for the sake of energy and not for military use. If Iran manages to save energy then it will hold back on oil consumption and being also a large oil producer makes it a potential economic threat.

The U.S would love to take that away but right now they cannot rally the public opinion or the international community to strike Iran. Iran is not like Iraq or Afghanistan. Iran is going to be hell, true HELL.Similar situation to Ukraine, neither does the U.S nor its allies can economically afford a war or a strike at the mean time. Nor do they have the excuse to strike Iran since that Iran is complying well with the International Atomic Energy Agency and maneuvering politically well.

So there will be no attention at the mean time, but soon the topic will open again when the U.S is ready. War requires money and make tons afterwards. When the negative public image of Iraq and Afghanistan is removed and when a scenario that makes Iran seem like a major international threat, you will see a strike. Unless another country makes a move to strike Iran first, then the U.S will be forced to back up this country in war. Meanwhile, nothing is going to happen, the U.S is not in a hurry, they still have 10-15 yrs, Iran will keep going on.

When the Iran revolution took place everybody sent congratulations.

Greek f.o. minister the historical Evangelos Averoff, pro-American, conservative, was among the first to congratulate. Callaghan also I should think, but I don't remember exactly. Only a handful of British f.o. experts talking to the BBC at the time said "pay attention - this is no innocent affair and danger is in the air". Two years later we had the embassy kidnappings - in which Ahmadinejad is said to have taken a part.

If they have nuclear fuel enrichment installation then in that installation the plutonium is separated from the used rods and then employed as bomb material but if their nuclear fuel is processed elsewhere then they cannot have it. But when they use their nuclear plants to make the fuel rods plutonium-rich, the satelittes can spot it with infrared photography as the temperature is different in the vicinity of a plant operating normally to that in a plant operating plutonium cycle.

The nuclear club has a few unwelcome members. Let's call "members par excellence" the original four, but then China, Pakistan, Israel and South Africa in the days of apartheid were not so welcome. I don't really fancy Iranians if get the bomb to start bombing other places though.

Under the circumstances, peace looks utopian but war is also utopian because nobody wins. The only solution is if the peoples to become friends. Then the governments can be convinced to abandon hostile attitudes.

Not sure this would happen as there are too many feeders and hangers on in Belgravia and other areas of Londongrad where Russian money is flowing, but Kasparov is right, they would probably sever ties with the motherland if their assets were targetted.

As far as citing Saddam Husseins incursion, I am assuming Kasparov is referring to Kuwait ? Well the artificially created state of Kuwait was made by the British drawing a line in the sand in order to have its oil fields, and was part of Iraq. When Saddam Hussein said he wanted it back, the then US Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright, said the US has no problem with you reclaiming Kuwait. So Hussein was set up, as a pretext to bomb the fuck out of Iraq, invade, and steal its natural resources.

Both Russia and the USA are still trying to consolidate their expansionist cold war empires, as bad as each other.

Please don't quote this asshole.

Ukraine (most East and Crimea) is only important for Americans to place their army on the direct border with Russia. You really think EU gives a fuck about you people of Ukraine? Don't be naive. It's the same shit that was in Lybia or Syria. USA gives money and supports Ukrainian Neo-Nazis that start causing troubles, other sheep people join them because they stupidely think life in EU will become better (who can blame them), old-goverment that was pain in this of America is destroyed and America put their puppies to lead the country. Little did they know that there are many Russians in Ukraine who would love to join Russia and they mostly live in East and Crimea, that is the only economicaly important part of Ukraine. Ukraine without East and Crimea is nothing and of course EU and US doesn't give a fuck about Ukraine without East and Crimea.

Watching this is a must, because most of you just watch mainstream shit media that says what US tells them to say.

It's pretty fucked up to think that 1-10 people that reign a country control the whole faith of a nation. President wants war? Nation Suffers.

And no, i didn't vote for that president/prime minister/whatever. If you are that naive to think that your vote counts then i wish you the best in life, you'll need it!

We are living in a world that in my opinion is goin in the wrong direction. My generation suffers the most. I am a 20 year old student of business and management and unemployed. When i graduate i'll be 23 (if i graduate, i am thinking to go the 'fuck everything' way) and i don't think that by that time i'll find a good place to work.

There is the thing i call the circle of hell.... You need experience to work - You need to work to get experience - You need experience to work - You need work to get experience.

These things are the product of fucked up politics, incompetent people steering the country i live in. I don't think other countries are better off than mine.

Let me take an example..... Obama starts a war, soldiers go to the war and die meanwhile Obama sits in his couch watching the Simpsons... That motherfucker wanted war, he should be the first to grab a weapon.

Sorry for this long rant but i am going through rough times and i developed this belief that Politics are going the wrong way and that they are the reason why me generation is suffering.

Please don't quote this asshole.

Ukraine (most East and Crimea) is only important for Americans to place their army on the direct border with Russia. You really think EU gives a fuck about you people of Ukraine? Don't be naive. It's the same shit that was in Lybia or Syria. USA gives money and supports Ukrainian Neo-Nazis that start causing troubles, other sheep people join them because they stupidely think life in EU will become better (who can blame them), old-goverment that was pain in this of America is destroyed and America put their puppies to lead the country. Little did they know that there are many Russians in Ukraine who would love to join Russia and they mostly live in East and Crimea, that is the only economicaly important part of Ukraine. Ukraine without East and Crimea is nothing and of course EU and US doesn't give a fuck about Ukraine without East and Crimea.

Watching this is a must, because most of you just watch mainstream shit media that says what US tells them to say.

As Fulham Broadway pointed out, they are as bad as each other. Though, it all depends of the perspective which is worse for you. It's impossible for me to describe or carry on the experience that Soviet Union brought to Estonia, 360 degree deadly circle where corruption is the only way to function or achieve something. There's no need to point fingers and say this side or that side is naive, ignorant and should not follow mainstream media because it is biased. Both Russian and European media are biased but don't forget that Russia is a direct participant in this conflict so their media must be even more concentrated in order to show their country as martyr as possible, drawing a halo on Putin's head. Try researching about media freedom and how centrally influenced media is in different countries. I'm sure every report outside of Russia will depict the latter as a very undemocratic country with media held on tight leash to CONTROL the majority, to insert a type of knowledge into their minds as they please. Ignorance is a bliss afterall.

Why should Ukraine give up part of their official territory? They don't. If this goes through, who will be next? Moldova? Estonia? I for one would like to be connected to USA, NATO, EU to protect our hard fought freedom and independence from the mood swings of our great neighbour who is known to only accept authority and power and spits on official contracts between two sovereign countries. Look no further than Crimea. I understand that there are people with different outlooks but if life is so hard in a former Soviet Union country (aka having to learn the official language) then please, take the next train to Russia. Do you sincerely believe that Russia really wants to 'protect the russian minority' in Ukraine? They have the same motives as EU, NATO, USA - not to lose INFLUENCE over the region, to make Ukraine dependent of their economy, their businesses. I'm sure there are people who are sincere in their demonstrations and protests but many of the mob and their leaders are just muppets paid to cause trouble and to show outside world how much the people of Ukraine love mother Russia. We are talking about a country that made soldiers paint grass, leaves on the trees greener just for the sake of it. There is no logic behind this if you are wondering why would some random russian come to Ukraine to cause havoc. Propaganda, all it is. Don't get caught in the whirlstorm of shit.

Also I'll put this question out here: why is neo nazism not equal with Soviet Union worshipers? Somehow the history books are making it out as Nazi Germany was the only real evil empire. You want to know why many hate Russia in Ukraine? Holodomor.

Regarding having a better life in Ukraine when Russian friendly political power is in charge - Janukovitch has steered the country for a long time ( minus the inconvenient Orange revolution, where poisoning did the trick fortunately) and has made close to nothing to improve the welfare of his people. We are talking about a man who's 150k yearly salary affords him to take a shit in a gold toilet pot and own every supercar in the world. His son has made BILLIONS as a dentist after his daddy was appointed.

PS. I'm not trying to counter your arguments or make you reconsider etc. I'm just trying to understand this conflict from everyone's point of view. I can understand people who want to be reunited with Russia, that doesn't mean I agree with it though.

As Fulham Broadway pointed out, they are as bad as each other. Though, it all depends of the perspective which is worse for you. It's impossible for me to describe or carry on the experience that Soviet Union brought to Estonia, 360 degree deadly circle where corruption is the only way to function or achieve something. There's no need to point fingers and say this side or that side is naive, ignorant and should not follow mainstream media because it is biased. Both Russian and European media are biased but don't forget that Russia is a direct participant in this conflict so their media must be even more concentrated in order to show their country as martyr as possible, drawing a halo on Putin's head. Try researching about media freedom and how centrally influenced media is in different countries. I'm sure every report outside of Russia will depict the latter as a very undemocratic country with media held on tight leash to CONTROL the majority, to insert a type of knowledge into their minds as they please. Ignorance is bliss afterall.

Why should Ukraine give up part of their official territory? They don't. If this goes through, who will be next? Moldova? Estonia? I for one would like to be connected to USA, NATO, EU to protect our hard fought freedom and independence from the mood swings of our great neighbour who is known to only accept authority and power and spits on official contracts between two sovereign countries. Look no further than Crimea. I understand that there are people with different outlooks but if life is so hard in a former Soviet Union country (aka having to learn the official language) then please, take the next train to Russia. Do you sincerely believe that Russia really wants to 'protect the russian minority' in Ukraine? They have the same motives as EU, NATO, USA - not to lose INFLUENCE over the region, to make Ukraine dependent of their economy, their businesses.

Also I'll put this question out here: why is neo nazism not equal with Soviet Union worshipers? Somehow the history books are making it out as Nazi Germany was the only real evil empire. You want to know why many hate Russia in Ukraine? Holodomor.

PS. I'm not trying to counter your arguments or make you reconsider etc. I'm just trying to understand this conflict from everyone's point of view. I can understand people who want to be reunited with Russia, that doesn't mean I agree with it though.

Why should Ukraine give up on Crimea? I ask you why should Serbia give up on Kosovo then?

Holodomor was the same as Hitler's camps. Every country has history that they'd rather not remember, but good sides of Soviet Union outweight bad sides, in my opinion. Many of former Soviet Union countries are just ungrateful pricks. Soviet goverment gave more freedom to Baltic countries and Poland, Russia even payed them money and gave them everything almost for free, so they'd say that they support communism, with this money those country developed. They developed more than they'd develop under your favorite U.S. democracy. Baltic countries were the most developed countries in Soviet Union. What did U.S. give to you? Fuck all.

Why should Ukraine give up on Crimea? I ask you why should Serbia give up on Kosovo then?

Holodomor was the same as Hitler's camps. Every country has history that they'd rather not remember, but good sides of Soviet Union outweight bad sides, in my opinion. Many of former Soviet Union countries are just ungrateful pricks. Soviet goverment gave more freedom to Baltic countries and Poland, Russia even payed them money and gave them everything almost for free, so they'd say that they support communism, with this money those country developed. They developed more than they'd develop under your favorite U.S. democracy. What did U.S. give to you? Fuck all.

I'm very grateful that my relatives were deported to Siberia, I'm grateful that they were substituted with unknown russians that were brought in to make Estonia a 'russian minded' country. I'm very grateful that there were no food, every day products like toilet paper in the shops during Soviet era, that food was handed out with STAMPS. I'm grateful that the only way to be successful at life was to join a party and after that magically things started to happen. And most of all - I'm thankful for all the deaths of ancestors who were killed defending a country's , albeit a small one's, independence. I am selfish, sorry.

Estonia is not RUSSIA, we are a FORMER Soviet Union country who were 'peacefully' annexed just like Crimea is now. Russian minded people take over the reigns, opposition 'dies out' somehow, what a happy little life. I'd like to hear the positives - what did you read from the history books that I failed to notice in my everyday life?

Holodomor was the same as Hitler's camps. Every country has history that they'd rather not remember, but good sides of Soviet Union outweight bad sides, in my opinion. Many of former Soviet Union countries are just ungrateful pricks. Soviet goverment gave more freedom to Baltic countries and Poland, Russia even payed them money and gave them everything almost for free, so they'd say that they support communism, with this money those country developed. They developed more than they'd develop under your favorite U.S. democracy. Baltic countries were the most developed countries in Soviet Union. What did U.S. give to you? Fuck all.

One of the most stupid and ignorant things I've read in a long time. Due to lack of time I can't explain my views right now, I'll try to do it later tonight, but it shows your only contact with CCCP and their regime is though media.