Spike

Why ? Because he was a big guy and he was resisting arrest.

That's the thing. They did try to go for his arms to handcuff him but he resisted. He swatted their hands away. Only after that happened did the policeofficer use the chokehold.

When you resist arrest the police has the right to use force. The chokehold lasted for 5 seconds. When Eric Garner was on the ground and his hands behind his back the cop let go of the chokehold.

They didn't pin his head on the ground. Another cop had his knee on the back of Eric Garner to make sure he coudn't get up. That's police protocol, you see that all the time, to ensure that the suspect can't get up and start running or fighting again.

No. First they did pin his head to the ground, I saw two hands holding his head to the ground by the same person strangling the guy.

What he did was wrong. I'm not even raising up a rascist propaganda here.

Even if Eric garner was white, that cop killed a person by choking him for 6 seconds, and pinning his head to the ground after he was shouting that he can't breathe more than 7 times till he died.

Eric Garner only shouted, he didn't punch or raise a gun at the 6 cops there, Infact he raised his hands up a little before the strangle started so this resisting arrest I've been seeing as an excuse to kill someone is bullshit imo.

That cop should be punished for killing someone, if he escapes punishment then the racism will be played and rightfully so.

You know they wouldn't have been harassing Garner if he was white? NYPD harass black people. It's a fact. And that's why Garner reacted the way he did. He was resisting because they had no reason to harass and arrest him.

Also, poll came out saying nearly 75% of Americans believe the police officer should face charges. How are people arguing against the fact that this man deserved at least a trial?!

Bad cops, racist cops exist. Noone is denying that. This doesn't mean all cops are racist or that the majority are.

"Cops are racist. A lot of them." Come on dude do you realize how ridiculous that statement is ?

"Garner had been previously arrested and was out on bail for selling untaxed cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession, and false impersonation"

Allegedly my ass. He was out on bail and doing the same illegal crap.

Lol dude, come on. I'm not sure where you live, but maybe the cops are different. Here in the states, cops are pretentious, narcissistic assholes. Most of them. They want to remind everyone they have authority at any possible moment. You and I have totally different views on that video, what I saw seems to be completely different to what I saw.

Also, do you think the cops knew he was Eric Garner with an arrest record? I doubt they did.

There is institutionalised racism and sexism in police forces in the UK and USA that go to the top. Numerous studies came up with this when at university. Not sure about Belgium but they will certainly have their fair share of redneck recruits and commanders.

You know they wouldn't have been harassing Garner if he was white? NYPD harass black people. It's a fact. And that's why Garner reacted the way he did. He was resisting because they had no reason to harass and arrest him.

Also, poll came out saying nearly 75% of Americans believe the police officer should face charges. How are people arguing against the fact that this man deserved at least a trial?!

As apposed to selling cigarettes illegally and needing a way out of his warrant for arrest by bringing up race and harassment?

Sorry, that's nothing more than an assumption. And the way the justice system works, they don't rely on assumption alone.

"I hate niggers. That is all". "What do black people and apples have in common? They both hang from trees". Cops texting each other.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/five-ohio-police-officers-investigated-for-sending-each-other-racist-text-messages-9908922.html

I can't and don't take jokes like that seriously as a barometre for racism. Maybe because I've heard everyone and their grandfather tell a racist joke in some way or another. A friend of mine, an Indigenous Australian once told me this joke "What is the difference between an Aboriginal and a park bench?" "A park bench can support a family". We drank, we laughed and it was all in humour. Why be so mad all the time?

I can't and don't take jokes like that seriously as a barometre for racism. Maybe because I've heard everyone and their grandfather tell a racist joke in some way or another. A friend of mine, an Indigenous Australian once told me this joke "What is the difference between an Aboriginal and a park bench?" "A park bench can support a family". We drank, we laughed and it was all in humour. Why be so mad all the time?

that is more light hearted , than talking about hate and people being executed

In a nutshell, studies have shown that if you have negative views about blacks, jews, aborigines, women, homosexuals, so called 'jokes' legitimise prejudice and persecution against these groups. It increases tolerance of racism, homophobia and sexism, along with less inhibitions towards any persecution these groups may suffer.

Most Germans accepted the holocaust through a slow demonisation of jews of which much started with 'jokes'.

In a nutshell, studies have shown that if you have negative views about blacks, jews, aborigines, women, homosexuals, so called 'jokes' legitimise prejudice and persecution against these groups. It increases tolerance of racism, homophobia and sexism, along with less inhibitions towards any persecution these groups may suffer.

Most Germans accepted the holocaust through a slow demonisation of jews of which much started with 'jokes'.

I think that is grasping at straws a little. Surely people who accepted the holocaust would have already been prejudiced against Jews, I highly doubt a few jokes would lead to the acceptance of genocide.

that is more light hearted , than talking about hate and people being executed

LIght hearted or not, it's still the same thing with a different degree of severity.

heard the one about the Englishman .the Scotsman ,, the Irishman and the Welshman ...... Which one there are THOUSANDS

once there were jokes about Rabbis and Catholic priests

I think that is grasping at straws a little. Surely people who accepted the holocaust would have already been prejudiced against Jews, I highly doubt a few jokes would lead to the acceptance of genocide.

Not what I said. Studies have shown acceptance of racist jokes leads to tolerance of persecution.

LIght hearted or not, it's still the same thing with a different degree of severity.

Giving someone a slap and punching their teeth in , is the same kind of thing with different severity. One you can get away with depending on the situation, the other is never going to be acceptable and you should be punished. (I don't know what point you guys are making , this is just my take)

Racist jokes are best avoided imo, as it can cause problems too easily

Giving someone a slap and punching their teeth in , is the same kind of thing with different severity. One you can get away with depending on the situation, the other is never going to be acceptable and you should be punished. (I don't know what point you guys are making , this is just my take)

Racist jokes are best avoided imo, as it can cause problems too easily

I understand what you are stating but I don't believe physical violence and racist jokes is a very good comparison. Don't forget that a slap can still knocksomeone out.

I understand what you are stating but I don't believe physical violence and racist jokes is a very good comparison. Don't forget that a slap can still knocksomeone out.

A racist joke can be taken the wrong way and escalate things quickly.

A racist joke can be taken the wrong way and escalate things quickly.

Yea, it's best kept in-house if anything. If someone were to walk past, while another was telling a racist joke, they would see it in the context of a joke.. I'm not saying racist jokes perpetuate actual racism. But if there is sensitivity on the issue for others, then it's best to avoid that situation.

the same way a small joke , could cause big distress to a sensitive person.

You can't predict everyone s reaction.

The CIA inhumanly, and even sexually, torturing people even though they know that these methods "do not make the country safer"? I am shocked!

They've even cited Israeli laws to attempt to legally justify the torturing: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.630823

Bless them, the students have become the masters :')

Now, just sit back and watch no one go to jail for this criminal operation that breaks international and human rights laws...