Spike

How can anyone defend the Eric garner death is beyond me.

Why did the police need to choke hold an unarmed person when there were 5 cops around him???

Isn't it better to grab his arm and put a handcuff there?

Are you guys saying that if a guy shouts to the police without trying to hit the officer and asks for why they are arresting him for selling cigarettes that the police has the right to choke him and pin his head down on the ground for 10seconds???

The guy killed someone who shouted "I can't breathe" 6 times and should be punished for that. Any other different opinions is clutching unto straws really.

Transcript: Get away [garbled] for what? Every time you see me, you want to mess with me. I'm tired of it. It stops today. Why would you...? Everyone standing here will tell you I didn't do nothing. I did not sell nothing. Because every time you see me, you want to harass me. You want to stop me [garbled] Selling cigarettes. I'm minding my business, officer, I'm minding my business. Please just leave me alone. I told you the last time, please just leave me alone. please please, don't touch me. Do not touch me. [garbled] I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe.

Wow. Garner's last words sound like he's speaking for the entire community.

Also, what the fuck will body cams on cops do? Garner's murder was filmed and uploaded to YouTube the next day.

Exactly. The sensationalist ones will be fodder for those crass 'when the Public dont obey' type Cop programmes showing what theyre 'up against'. All the incriminating ones will be in their hands and will no doubt be edited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOy_oP3ESQY

Really Mexican.

Like dillon taylor.

I hope in the future, if you open a small business, you will say the same thing. ITS ONLY CIGARETTES, but I dont have to feed my wife and kids though...

Mexicans dont cross the border thats why Obama did the immigration policy this year

Or how ny times made articles about the constant increase of people crossing the border.

You live in a fantasy world manipulated by media.

I plan on being a cop. Lol. Chill.

What happened with Dillon Taylor is another disgusting case of police officers abusing their power. Police officers can kill with inpunity because the government lets them.

And that immigration policy that was passed is for people ALREADY here who have children here.

Iseah, he was selling them illegally. The store owner called the cops. What were the cops supposed to do ? Tell the store owner "Sorry but it's just cigarettes so we're not gonna do anything."

How can you speak of harassement ? Eric Garner was doing something illegal... When you do something illegal, cops are gonna show up. When you continue to do illegal stuff cops are gonna to continue to show up.

This wasn't murder. The cop held him in a chokehold for 5 seconds until Garner was on the floor. When they had Garner's hands behind his back he let go of the chokehold. It's really clear that the intent of the cop was to subdue him to the ground so they could arrest him, not kill him. Do you really think the cop wanted to kill Garner ? I don't.

What happened to Garner had nothing to do with his skin colour. If he were white, the cop would have done the same thing. I know that that is just my opinion and not a fact but i've seen no proof that the cop would have reacted differently if Garner was white. Have you ?

Main problem with these situations is that there's a lack of trust. The moment a white cop shoots a black person (or does anything that ends up hurting a black person) , black people (not all black people but a lot of them) have made their mind up about it, "The cop was a rascist, hatecrime, he shot him because he was black". There's no more room for "the cop made a mistake (cops are human after all), an unfortunate accident (like what i believe garner's death to be).

Problem is that this is a vicious circle. If a situation happens where a white cop shoots a black person. Black people get more distrustworthy of white cops. Black kids (again not all black kids) see the news and think "white cops are rascist, out to get us so i'm not gonna cooperate with them or else i'm gonna end up dead. They get more rebellious towards cops which results in more situations where accidents and mistakes are more likely to happen.

Yes I know. When they asked him what he was doing he said nothing. Why were they arresting him? They weren't SURE he was selling cigarettes. They were just looking for ANY reason to arrest him. You don't think it was about his race? The NYPD is one of the most racist, controversial, and untrusted police departments in the USA. This was absolutely about race, police are all about race.

look at this experiment.

Just cause you may have never experienced racism, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It definitely does.

Unless you're a cop in the US. Then you get cleared by a jury and get tens of thousands of dollars in donations from racist idiots around the country.

Really? This is so ridiculous.

Was John Crawford doing something illegal? Oscar Grant? Tamir Rice?

C'mon man, you're smarter than that.

Know what they all had in common? They were all black, weren't threatenting to anyone, and gunned down prematurely. But it's not about race.

I fucking hate when white people try to act like they know about racism. Stop trying to teach me about racism. I live it. Black people especially fucking live it. YOU FUCKING DON'T SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Mexicans experience it too. It's frustrating, not as bad for us as for blacks. But me, my brother, and dad have experienced it.

Mexicans experience it too. It's frustrating, not as bad for us as for blacks. But me, my brother, and dad have experienced it.

It's not just a talking point for us, it's fucking reality. So when a white person comes up and tells me, "no this is how it really is," I just want to strangle them.

It's not just a talking point for us, it's fucking reality. So when a white person comes up and tells me, "no this is how it really is," I just want to strangle them.

I feel you man, especially in the states, authority figures can be so racist. It's frustrsting, look up Jon Stewart's rant on racsim, he gets it.

Black female Police sergeant Kizzy Adoni supervised the fatal arrest and on-scene medical treatment of Eric Garner. She testified “His condition did not seem serious and he did not appear to get worse.” as he lay on the sidewalk afterward. The guy wasn’t choked to death. It appears more likely he had a classic stressed-out fat man’s heart attack.

Oh, and by the way, she was given immunity for her testimony, as was everybody else on the scene except Pantaleo, which means that if Pantaleo had really done something wrong, they could’ve ratted him out without being charged for doing something wrong themselves.

Maybe the media hide it from you guys, but the superior officer at the scene was black.... not white.

I fucking hate when white people try to act like they know about racism. Stop trying to teach me about racism. I live it. Black people especially fucking live it. YOU FUCKING DON'T SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Pull the race card and you will never advance in life.

I plan on being a cop. Lol. Chill.

What happened with Dillon Taylor is another disgusting case of police officers abusing their power. Police officers can kill with inpunity because the government lets them.

And that immigration policy that was passed is for people ALREADY here who have children here.

Yes I know. When they asked him what he was doing he said nothing. Why were they arresting him? They weren't SURE he was selling cigarettes. They were just looking for ANY reason to arrest him. You don't think it was about his race? The NYPD is one of the most racist, controversial, and untrusted police departments in the USA. This was absolutely about race, police are all about race.

look at this experiment.

Just cause you may have never experienced racism, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It definitely does.

Know what they all had in common? They were all black, weren't threatenting to anyone, and gunned down prematurely. But it's not about race.

Actually, they knew he was selling illegal cigs because the cops know who he is....

They were random cops from the city trying to arrest a random suspect. When you have an extensive arrest history and labeled as dangerous on your file, you do what you have to protect yourself.

WHen your a 6 foot giant that weighs 400 lbs that is resisting, they did what they thought to bring the guy down so they can arrest him. He retaliating.

Read it again.

How can anyone defend the Eric garner death is beyond me.

Why did the police need to choke hold an unarmed person when there were 5 cops around him???

Isn't it better to grab his arm and put a handcuff there?

Are you guys saying that if a guy shouts to the police without trying to hit the officer and asks for why they are arresting him for selling cigarettes that the police has the right to choke him and pin his head down on the ground for 10seconds???

The guy killed someone who shouted "I can't breathe" 6 times and should be punished for that. Any other different opinions is clutching unto straws really.

Why ? Because he was a big guy and he was resisting arrest.

That's the thing. They did try to go for his arms to handcuff him but he resisted. He swatted their hands away. Only after that happened did the policeofficer use the chokehold.

When you resist arrest the police has the right to use force. The chokehold lasted for 5 seconds. When Eric Garner was on the ground and his hands behind his back the cop let go of the chokehold.

They didn't pin his head on the ground. Another cop had his knee on the back of Eric Garner to make sure he coudn't get up. That's police protocol, you see that all the time, to ensure that the suspect can't get up and start running or fighting again.

Transcript: Get away [garbled] for what? Every time you see me, you want to mess with me. I'm tired of it. It stops today. Why would you...? Everyone standing here will tell you I didn't do nothing. I did not sell nothing. Because every time you see me, you want to harass me. You want to stop me [garbled] Selling cigarettes. I'm minding my business, officer, I'm minding my business. Please just leave me alone. I told you the last time, please just leave me alone. please please, don't touch me. Do not touch me. [garbled] I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe. I can't breathe.

Wow. Garner's last words sound like he's speaking for the entire community.

Again, Eric Garner was arrested multiple times for selling cigarettes illegally. This isn't harrassement. You do something illegal cops are gonna show up and arrest you !

He wasn't minding his business, he was selling cigarettes illegally.

look at this experiment.

So they were just supposed to take his word for it ? Come on now. He was selling cigarettes illegally. His wife admitted it. He didn't have a job he was selling cigarettes illegally.

No they weren't looking for any reason to arrest him. He was doing something illegal. When you do something illegal cops have the right to arrest you.

How can you be so sure that it was about his race ? What proof do you have apart from your own opinion ?

Police is all about race ? You can't be serious. So cops are out to get black people is that it ? Cops in NY are all rascist looking to arrest black people ? Come on, that's just ridiculous. That's the main problem, a lot of black people believe cops are out to get them. Lik i said in my previous post it's a vicious circle.

Where in my posts did i say racism doesn't exist ? It does exist. However that doesn't mean that when a white cop shoots or hurts a black person it's automatically because that person was black. More times then not race doesn't matter in situations like that.

Problem is that a lot of people seem convinced that it is, without any proof besides their own prejudice towards police officers.

Sure cause racism is such a difficult thing to understand. Sorry but you don't need to be black to understand racism.

I'm not teaching you about racism. I'm just saying "don't always jump to the conclusion that it was a racist act"

Why ? Because he was a big guy and he was resisting arrest.

That's the thing. They did try to go for his arms to handcuff him but he resisted. He swatted their hands away. Only after that happened did the policeofficer use the chokehold.

When you resist arrest the police has the right to use force. The chokehold lasted for 5 seconds. When Eric Garner was on the ground and his hands behind his back the cop let go of the chokehold.

They didn't pin his head on the ground. Another cop had his knee on the back of Eric Garner to make sure he coudn't get up. That's police protocol, you see that all the time, to ensure that the suspect can't get up and start running or fighting again.

Again, Eric Garner was arrested multiple times for selling cigarettes illegally. This isn't harrassement. You do something illegal cops are gonna show up and arrest you !

He wasn't minding his business, he was selling cigarettes illegally.

So they were just supposed to take his word for it ? Come on now. He was selling cigarettes illegally. His wife admitted it. He didn't have a job he was selling cigarettes illegally.

No they weren't looking for any reason to arrest him. He was doing something illegal. When you do something illegal cops have the right to arrest you.

How can you be so sure that it was about his race ? What proof do you have apart from your own opinion ?

Police is all about race ? You can't be serious. So cops are out to get black people is that it ? Cops in NY are all rascist looking to arrest black people ? Come on, that's just ridiculous. That's the main problem, a lot of black people believe cops are out to get them. Lik i said in my previous post it's a vicious circle.

Where in my posts did i say racism doesn't exist ? It does exist. However that doesn't mean that when a white cop shoots or hurts a black person it's automatically because that person was black. More times then not race doesn't matter in situations like that.

Problem is that a lot of people seem convinced that it is, without any proof besides their own prejudice towards police officers.

Sure cause racism is such a difficult thing to understand. Sorry but you don't need to be black to understand racism.

I'm not teaching you about racism. I'm just saying "don't always jump to the conclusion that it was a racist act"

I get what you're saying. I'm not black, obviously. But how would you explain John Crawford, Oscar Grant, and others if it wasn't about race? Like Choulo said earlier, the cop may have only subconsciously reacted how they did cause of his race, but I think it did play a factor.

If you think racism is bad .. you need to study Tribalism ,, If you havent lived with it ,, SHUT THE FUCK UP