Spike

The CIA inhumanly, and even sexually, torturing people even though they know that these methods "do not make the country safer"? I am shocked!

They've even cited Israeli laws to attempt to legally justify the torturing: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.630823

Bless them, the students have become the masters :')

Now, just sit back and watch no one go to jail for this criminal operation that breaks international and human rights laws...

What is interesting is they feel confident enough to release this., knowing it will cause more blowback

But when you think about it, thats what they want- it will create more ''terrorism'', justify the next bombing of a country with brown people, and is fantastic for the arms trade and shareholders. Win win win !

What is interesting is they feel confident enough to release this., knowing it will cause more blowback

But when you think about it, thats what they want- it will create more ''terrorism'', justify the next bombing of a country with brown people, and is fantastic for the arms trade and shareholders. Win win win !

And what is scary is that this only the tip of the iceberg. They've declassified about 500 pages of the original 6000 pages report. If this what they are comfortable admitting to, I don't even want to think about what they are hiding!

The CIA inhumanly, and even sexually, torturing people even though they know that these methods "do not make the country safer"? I am shocked!

They've even cited Israeli laws to attempt to legally justify the torturing: http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/.premium-1.630823

Bless them, the students have become the masters :')

Now, just sit back and watch no one go to jail for this criminal operation that breaks international and human rights laws...

CIA rapes men anally but stop selling loose cigarettes or I'll kill you.

Very interesting interview in the Guardian with one of the leaders of ISIS on how the militia and a lot of the development of modern 'Islamism' all started started in US prisons in Iraq: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/11/-sp-isis-the-inside-story

Looks like some craziness is going on in Australia right now. Stay safe Spike.

I'm in America and I've never been to Sydney. :ph34r: But yes, I hope those people who are in harm's way are safe sooner rather than later. Apparently a group of radical Islamic fundalmentalists have taken several people hostage in a Cafe in the Sydney CBD.

Didn't follow very closely, but didn't the police rush into this? Obviously always a difficult decision to make, but surely there must have been a better option than storming the place when there are still several civilians in danger?

Didn't follow very closely, but didn't the police rush into this? Obviously always a difficult decision to make, but surely there must have been a better option than storming the place when there are still several civilians in danger?

Implying that our police have experience with this.

Implying that our police have experience with this.

Mentally ill armed man taking hostages in a public place? Yes, the religious extremist factor is new, but surely they've dealt with something like this before, or at least trained for it. I think they got freaked out by the flag and made a decision they would not have otherwise made which means that the extremists group are achieving their goal of planting fear.

Of course, we don't know all the facts so it's all speculation.

Mentally ill armed man taking hostages in a public place? Yes, the religious extremist factor is new, but surely they've dealt with something like this before, or at least trained for it. I think they got freaked out by the flag and made a decision they would not have otherwise made which means that the extremists group are achieving their goal of planting fear.

Of course, we don't know all the facts so it's all speculation.

Hostage situations are a new thing here. The last time we even had a mass shooting was in 1994.

On a side note, you really have to praise the amazing response of the Australians to the whole thing. The #illridewithyou was probably one of the most powerful hashtags of the year and has done more to combat extremism than all the coalition airstrikes.

On a side note, you really have to praise the amazing response of the Australians to the whole thing. The #illridewithyou was probably one of the most powerful hashtags of the year and has done more to combat extremism than all the coalition airstrikes.

Aye, shows the world that the majority of the country isn't the racist stereotype we are made out to be. Hopefully we never have to live through things like Cronulla and MacQuarie Fields again.