Spike

as usual my first post brings the first warning .. I was merely pointing out something often ignored .. The actions of blacks against

other blacks . Genocide on a huge scale.

My post was for everyone, so if everyone understands it there won't be a problem.

I get what you're saying. I'm not black, obviously. But how would you explain John Crawford, Oscar Grant, and others if it wasn't about race? Like Choulo said earlier, the cop may have only subconsciously reacted how they did cause of his race, but I think it did play a factor.

I don't know the details as well on those cases as i did with Eric Garner but John Crawford was apparently carrying an air rifle. Cops messed up there i think. They should have given him a warning instead of immediately opening fire but again this doesn't look like a racist thing but a mistake from the cops. Oscar Grant: the cop said he wanted to grab his taser instead of his gun. Again it seems like the cop messed up but it doesn't look like he was a racist. The cop just fucked up big. He lost his job for it and went to jail.

I understand what you mean Iseah but how do you proof that they subconsciously reacted because of race ? It's impossible to know that. Only way you could would be if the cop has a history regarding allegations that he was being racist.

I don't know the details as well on those cases as i did with Eric Garner but John Crawford was apparently carrying an air rifle. Cops messed up there i think. They should have given him a warning instead of immediately opening fire but again this doesn't look like a racist thing but a mistake from the cops. Oscar Grant: the cop said he wanted to grab his taser instead of his gun. Again it seems like the cop messed up but it doesn't look like he was a racist. The cop just fucked up big. He lost his job for it and went to jail.

I understand what you mean Iseah but how do you proof that they subconsciously reacted because of race ? It's impossible to know that. Only way you could would be if the cop has a history regarding allegations that he was being racist.

Eric Garner was carrying a pellet gun in Wal mart... one of the largest retail stores for said product. Why would Oscar grant reach for his taser? He was trying to calm his friends down. He was handcuffed when they shot him, how was he reaching for a taser?

Cops don't lie, right? You're giving them the benifet of the doubt, and you're free to do that. I refuse to, cops are assholes, the ones I've encounterd, to me at least. Maybe cause I'm not white, maybe they're just assholes. Either way, I think race played a part, if those guys were white they would be alive. But that's my opinion.

I fucking hate when white people try to act like they know about racism. Stop trying to teach me about racism. I live it. Black people especially fucking live it. YOU FUCKING DON'T SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

You know what? Go fuck yourself you self-righteous cunt. I'm white. I grew up in a regional town where the majority of the population is Indigenous Australian. I went to a school where I was one of ~10 white kids in a school about 200. Every fucking day, I'd hear shit like: "get fucked you white cunt", "you fucking white dogs are greedy", "I'll kick your head in you white dog". I got bullied and beat up because I was white, don't you dare say that white people can't or don't know what it's like.

You know what? Go fuck yourself you self-righteous cunt. I'm white. I grew up in a regional town where the majority of the population is Indigenous Australian. I went to a school where I was one of ~10 white kids in a school about 200. Every fucking day, I'd hear shit like: "get fucked you white cunt", "you fucking white dogs are greedy", "I'll kick your head in you white dog". I got bullied and beat up because I was white, don't you dare say that white people can't or don't know what it's like.

Obviously you're in the minority, and we're in the states. You know how many white people I know who have experienced racism? 0.

It's different I know but I can not stand statements like "white people act like they know racism". It is a racist statement itself, assuming that white people can't know what it's like. I'm white, I know what it's like, I shouldn't be generalised, nobody should be generalised by race, religion or culture or the majority. Anybody can be a victim of racism. I can, you can, everyone and anyone.

Yea, it's a different kind of racsim. But you're right, he shouldn't have said something more along the lines of "Most white people don't experience racism." Or whatever, in the states white people have privileges people like me don't. I have to worry about getting pulled over for nothing, cops trying to search my car, asking me a lot of questions. White people here don't experience that, the ones I know at least. Which is a lot of people.

Eric Garner was carrying a pellet gun in Wal mart... one of the largest retail stores for said product. Why would Oscar grant reach for his taser? He was trying to calm his friends down. He was handcuffed when they shot him, how was he reaching for a taser?

Cops don't lie, right? You're giving them the benifet of the doubt, and you're free to do that. I refuse to, cops are assholes, the ones I've encounterd, to me at least. Maybe cause I'm not white, maybe they're just assholes. Either way, I think race played a part, if those guys were white they would be alive. But that's my opinion.

I know John Crawford got the "gun" at Walmart. The store he was shot in. Like i said cops messed up.

Sorry but i badly constructed my sentence regarding Oscar Grant. What i meant was that, according to the cop, the cop wanted to grab his (the cop) taser and taser Oscar Grant but made a mistake and grabbed his gun

(by accident) instead.

I know but that's how the justice system works, innocent until proven guilty. You have to be able to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the cop did in fact want to kill the black victim. Otherwise you risk convicting an innocent person of a (racist) murder while it was in fact an honest mistake or unfortunate accident.

Well okay but what's the alternative ? Whenever a white cop does something to a black person you automatically assume it's a race thing ? That's no good. I mean you realize that right ?

I've had mixed run ins with cops. Some of them were alright, good guys just doing their jobs. Some were indeed like you say assholes. (White people can be just as big a dicks to other white people.)

However there's still a Grand Canyon sized gap between being an asshole and being a cold blooded racist killer.

I fucking hate when white people try to act like they know about racism. Stop trying to teach me about racism. I live it. Black people especially fucking live it. YOU FUCKING DON'T SO SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I feel you man, especially in the states, authority figures can be so racist. It's frustrsting, look up Jon Stewart's rant on racsim, he gets it.

Mexicans experience it too. It's frustrating, not as bad for us as for blacks. But me, my brother, and dad have experienced it.

I'm sorry but that's complete and utter bollocks.

Racism and discrimination revolves around everyone whilst prejudice thinking lives inside everyone and if you can find one person that denies that i'll find one person that's a liar. Whether it's black, asain, arab, latino, white, or indian, we all contain stereotypes among ourselves and all of us have dealt with situations where we have been discriminated against and judged not by our character but instead our culture or the color of our skin.

It's a sad tragedy but the facts are there, he was selling drugs illegally and was warranted for an arrest and he was resisting an arrest, race had absolutely nothing to do with it. The man would not cooperate with the authorities and If i'm correct cops have the ability to sustain any suspect if particular actions or situations create events to go out of their control.

I don't know about this chokehold law enforced against police and the other policies, but they were restraining the suspect who would not cooperate with them, it was manslaughter as there was no intent of killing him.

The fact they are making this a whole 'race issue' is a bit going off the top for me as well.

"I hate niggers. That is all". "What do black people and apples have in common? They both hang from trees". Cops texting each other.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/five-ohio-police-officers-investigated-for-sending-each-other-racist-text-messages-9908922.html

I'm sorry but that's complete and utter bollocks.

Racism and discrimination revolves around everyone whilst prejudice thinking lives inside everyone and if you can find one person that denies that i'll find one person that's a liar. Whether it's black, asain, arab, latino, white, or indian, we all contain stereotypes among ourselves and all of us have dealt with situations where we have been discriminated against and judged not by our character but instead our culture or the color of our skin.

It's a sad tragedy but the facts are there, he was selling drugs illegally and was warranted for an arrest and he was resisting an arrest, race had absolutely nothing to do with it. The man would not cooperate with the authorities and If i'm correct cops have the ability to sustain any suspect if particular actions or situations create events to go out of their control.

I don't know about this chokehold law enforced against police and the other policies, but they were restraining the suspect who would not cooperate with them, it was manslaughter as there was no intent of killing him.

The fact they are making this a whole 'race issue' is a bit going off the top for me as well.

Obviously everyone has experienced some form of racism/discrimination. But it's different when it impacts what job you cam get, where you can go and what you can do. It's not just name calling and bullying for us.

If you don't think race played any part in that MURDER you are delusional. Sorry. Cops are racist. A lot of them. If you don't believe that idk what to tell you.

"I hate niggers. That is all". "What do black people and apples have in common? They both hang from trees". Cops texting each other.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/five-ohio-police-officers-investigated-for-sending-each-other-racist-text-messages-9908922.html

Cops aren't racist though. Well, just those 5.

Also, Eric Garner was being ARRESTED for ALLEGEDLY selling loose cigaretres. Wouldn't that type of crime warrant a citation? Not an arrest surely. Also, did officers know his history? Doubt it. I refuse to give that police officer the benifet of the doubt.

Bad cops, racist cops exist. Noone is denying that. This doesn't mean all cops are racist or that the majority are.

Obviously everyone has experienced some form of racism/discrimination. But it's different when it impacts what job you cam get, where you can go and what you can do. It's not just name calling and bullying for us.

If you don't think race played any part in that MURDER you are delusional. Sorry. Cops are racist. A lot of them. If you don't believe that idk what to tell you.

Cops aren't racist though. Well, just those 5.

Also, Eric Garner was being ARRESTED for ALLEGEDLY selling loose cigaretres. Wouldn't that type of crime warrant a citation? Not an arrest surely. Also, did officers know his history? Doubt it. I refuse to give that police officer the benifet of the doubt.

"Cops are racist. A lot of them." Come on dude do you realize how ridiculous that statement is ?

"Garner had been previously arrested and was out on bail for selling untaxed cigarettes, driving without a license, marijuana possession, and false impersonation"

Allegedly my ass. He was out on bail and doing the same illegal crap.

It's different I know but I can not stand statements like "white people act like they know racism". It is a racist statement itself, assuming that white people can't know what it's like. I'm white, I know what it's like, I shouldn't be generalised, nobody should be generalised by race, religion or culture or the majority. Anybody can be a victim of racism. I can, you can, everyone and anyone.

Preach brotha preach!

If I'm honest though, this is the first time I've heard a white person's story experiencing racism. But you are right, it's not fair to generalise and it's so easy to generalise as well. It's taking the easy way out without trying to understand the whole culture, race, religion, etc.