Spike

I think we have a pretty good idea...

30% of their budget goes into their military

human rights are heavily restricted (no free speech, everything that comes in the media passes the government)

more than 100k political prisoners in inhumane conditions..

nuclear threats

some scuds on their town square

looks like a lovely bunch...

Haha.. check how much percentage of the USA budget they spend in their military. People like to hate the countries for how they are but fail to see how they became that way. Check Arabia and what Britain did there and check Korea (and more) and what the USA did there...

@Kieran., my Engels, stop posting stuff that's actually telling us the truth!

What if I tell that 96% of all the money in the world is owned by 0.89% of the its population?

EDIT 1: Doing the math (and this is really vague), you get 62 million people owning $164,000,000,000,000.00 or $2,645,161,054.29 per person.

EDIT 2: Doing the reverse, you get 6.938 billion people owning $16,000,000,000,000.00 or $2,306.14 per person.

Haha.. check how much percentage of the USA budget they spend in their military. People like to hate the countries for how they are but fail to see how they became that way. Check Arabia and what Britain did there and check Korea (and more) and what the USA did there...

That would be 2,5%....

It's funny how most people so quickly believe that those who oppose them politically are the root of all evil. If you really think there are people who sit around planning the destruction of the world and torture of innocent people just for the heck of it then you really need to cut down on watching cartoons!

What if I tell that 96% of all the money in the world is owned by 0.89% of the world's population?

And therefor:

Press Summary of Agenda 21

(based on the final text)

On 22 December 1989, the United Nations General Assembly called for a global

meeting that would devise strategies to halt and reverse the effects of

environmental degradation "in the context of increased national and

international efforts to promote sustainable and environmentally sound

development in all countries."

Agenda 21, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Environment and

Development on 14 June 1992, is the international community's response to that

request. It is a comprehensive programme of action to be implemented "from now

and into the twenty-first century" by Governments, development agencies, United

Nations organizations and independent sector groups in every area where human

(economic) activity affects the environment. The programme should be studied in

conjunction with the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development and the

principles for the sustainable management of forests. These were also adopted at

the Conference, known as the Earth Summit, which was held from 3 to 14 June 1992

in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Underlying Agenda 21 is the notion that humanity has reached a defining

moment in its history. We can continue our present policies which serve to

deepen the economic divisions within and between

countries; which increase

poverty, hunger, sickness and illiteracy worldwide; and which are causing the

continued deterioration of the ecosystem on which we depend for life on

Earth.

Or we can change course. We can improve the living standards of those who are

in need. We can better manage and protect the ecosystem and bring about a more

prosperous future for us all. "No nation canachieve this on its own," states

Mr. Maurice Strong, Secretary-General of the Conference, in the preamble to

Agenda 21. "Together we can in a global partnership for sustainable

development."

http://www.unep.org/documents.multilingual/default.asp?documentid=78&articleid=1163

I sure hope we will execute this...

It's funny how most people so quickly believe that those who oppose them politically are the root of all evil. If you really think there are people who sit around planning the destruction of the world and torture of innocent people just for the heck of it then you really need to cut down on watching cartoons!

So you dont think there's something like terrorism, nuclear treats from iran/n korea,..?

I doubt anyone with a half a brain believes that. Politicians are nothing more than a bunch of marionettes.

I am much less optimistic, I really think we have an expire date and wont make the necessary changes in time, but I believe this is still 'far' from our generation...

Well we already passed the time set on that one, which was to be expected

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/9341645/The-Rio-Earth-Summit-is-it-destined-to-fail-the-world.html

but we are working towards it at least, and Obama said he regretted USA's ignorance towards this so who knows, comming years...

So you dont think there's something like terrorism, nuclear treats from iran/n korea,..?

Funny how you mention Iran first when they don't even have a nuclear weapon yet while the countries with the most nuclear heads in the world, i.e Israel and the US don't make your list..

Anyway, my point is that no one starts a wars, kills people and creates nuclear weapons because he wants to be a super villain. Every country has been through its own circumstances in history that has created a certain mentality and belief that forces to act in they way it does atm. Ultimately everyone just wants power and what's in his best interest and each tries to get that in his own way.

I doubt anyone with a half a brain believes that. Politicians are nothing more than a bunch of marionettes.

You'd very surprised. Bush actually called some countries like Iran and North Korea as the "Axis of Evil" and many people still do. Similarly, there is a very popular slogan among some people in Lebanon and the Arab world that labels the US as the "Greatest Daemon".

Funny how you mention Iran first when they don't even have a nuclear weapon yet while the countries with the most nuclear heads in the world, i.e Israel and the US don't make your list..

Iran came to my mind first..

USA doesnt make it to my list because they develloped those in WW2 and already proven it to be responsible with them, there is no reason whatsover to start developing them now like Iran is doing (will continue with them i guess, since north korea is too obvious).

Anyway, my point is that no one starts a wars, kills people and creates nuclear weapons because he wants to be a super villain. Every country has been through its own circumstances in history that has created a certain mentality and belief that forces to act in they way it does atm. Ultimately everyone just wants power and what's in his best interest and each tries to get that in his own way.

That is exactly what made this a different time compared to 50 years ago... now not everyone wants power.

I'm pretty anti-American (even though I live and go to school here, I'm leaving when I get the chance). I once burned the American flag at my school lol.

Come to Brazil, we are pretty anti-USA (because please, you aint no America). You wont suffer retaliation due to your nationality, we are very receptive and our way of life seems to fit you...

I am personally neutral on you, there are some things I hate and some I love.

Funny how Iran threatens Israel every second day , yet the USA and Israel gets all the noogies ?

Moreover , Iran already is working on a nuclear weapon and independent reports suggests they are pretty much finished on that . Which sorta means we are close to another war , and the blame would be totally on that dude Komeni and Ahmedinijad.

Iran came to my mind first.. USA doesnt make it to my list because they develloped those in WW2 and already proven it to be responsible with them, there is no reason whatsover to start developing them now like Iran is doing (will continue with them i guess, since north korea is too obvious).

Of course Iran came to your mind first, you've got a whole media that keeps telling you over and over again that Iran is the base of all evil. Which was exactly my first point.

One question, how is the only country in the whole world to ever use nuclear weapons on civilians "proven to be responsible with them"? And just for the record, every major military country still make nuclear weapons now. If they don't make nuclear weapons now, meaning they don't think they need them anymore, why don't they get rid of the ones they have?

That is exactly what made this a different time compared to 50 years ago... now not everyone wants power.

Of course everyone still wants power. There are as much wars now in the world as there has always been if not more. If anything the rise of capitalism in recent history has increase wars as a means of monopolizing natural resources, especially oil, and controlling markets. The will for power is what makes us human.

Of course Iran came to your mind first, you've got a whole media that keeps telling you over and over again that Iran is the base of all evil. Which was exactly my first point.

One question, how is the only country in the whole world to ever use nuclear weapons on civilians "proven to be responsible with them"? And just for the record, every major military country still make nuclear weapons now. If they don't make nuclear weapons now, meaning they don't think they need them anymore, why don't they get rid of the ones they have?

Of course everyone still wants power. There are as much wars now in the world as there has always been if not more. If anything the rise of capitalism in recent history has increase wars as a means of monopolizing natural resources, especially oil, and controlling markets. The will for power is what makes us human.

Agree with everything except for the last part. Not everyone has desire for power. I for one don't care much about power.

Not really, and it was prolly because its the biggest country of the lot? Dude why you focus on that... stay on topic...

That was during a war in a time where people had a total other mindset as they have now, hence why i made the "this aint 50 years ago comment", and i havent seen them using them after that. If they really wanted to they couldve bombed us all. That's a simple reason why not.

Kinda sad to think that really... and no if that was true we wouldnt exist anymore by now.

And will give an example, our country, Belgium, actually spends more in peacekeeping forces/projects than our army... how can that be possible following your logic?