Spike

Funny how Iran threatens Israel every second day , yet the USA and Israel gets all the noogies ?

You conveniently left out most of the story. Like the fact that Iran threatens Israel because they belive that it continues to occupy other peoples lands and kill people (either directly or indirectly) and force them out of their homes on a daily basis. I don't believe that Israel is evil, but to talk about Iran's invisible nuclear weapons when Israel and the US have piles of them is extremely hypocritical.

Moreover , Iran already is working on a nuclear weapon and independent reports suggests they are pretty much finished on that . Which sorta means we are close to another war , and the blame would be totally on that dude Komeni and Ahmedinijad.

The same reports that stated that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? And even if it is true, why would that make it Iran's fault? How does Israel have the right to protect itself by building nuclear weapons but Iran does not?

Not really, and it was prolly because its the biggest country of the lot? Dude why you focus on that... stay on topic...

That was during a war in a time where people had a total other mindset as they have now, hence why i made the "this aint 50 years ago comment", and i havent seen them using them after that. If they really wanted to they couldve bombed us all. That's a simple reason why not.

Kinda sad to think that really... and no if that was true we wouldnt exist anymore by now.

And will give an example, our country, Belgium, actually spends more in peacekeeping forces/projects than our army... how can that be possible following your logic?

If I can play the devil's advocate.. we are surrounded by Nations with great military power, so we strive for diplomatic power... we have the Capital of Europe, The European Parlement, The Nato HQ, the European President.. : )

Not really, and it was prolly because its the biggest country of the lot? Dude why you focus on that... stay on topic...

Biggest country of what lot? The lot of countries that are rumored to be aiming to get nuclear weapons? That is the reason why you put it on the top of the list of nuclear threats to the world? Ahead of countries that actually own nuclear weapons and lots of them and have actually used nuclear weapons before? That is very much on topic, imo. In fact, that is the whole point I was trying to make in the first post you quoted.

That was during a war in a time where people where in a total other mindset as they are now, hence why i made the "this aint 50 years ago comment", and i havent seen them using them after that. If they really wanted to they couldve bombed us all. That's a simple reason why not.

What's so different about the mindset? The opponents may have changed but we're still in a constant war except now major countries rarely use their own soldiers and prefer to arm and fund 3rd world groups to do their jobs. The US, and it's opponents for that matter, have committed many massacres that, may not have been done using nuclear weapons, but were just as criminal. They are also currently involved in countless wars all over the globe, from Mali to Sudan to Afghanistan to Iraq and Syria, that result in the death of hundreds each day. What world do you live in?

I'd also like to remind you that less than 30 years ago, the whole world was on a verge of nuclear war. So it's not as distant as you make it out to be.

Kinda sad to think that really... and no if that was true we wouldnt exist anymore by now.

Well, the world is a sad place. And how is it not true? Every country in the world naturally only seeks it's own best interest that is almost always at the cost of someone else. It's all about power and countries would do anything to get it like the US currently funding and arming extremist groups in Syria that ultimately aim to destroy the US along with every non-Muslim in the world just so the US would gain political power in the middle east. Like Asad is currently bombing and killing his own people so he can stay in power. Like the kings of the Arabian gulf give half of their oil and their political alliance to US companies so that they could stay in power...I can go on all day.

Biggest country of what lot? The lot of countries that are rumored to be aiming to get nuclear weapons? That is the reason why you put it on the top of the list of nuclear threats to the world? Ahead of countries that actually own nuclear weapons and lots of them and have actually used nuclear weapons before? That is very much on topic, imo. In fact, that is the whole point I was trying to make in the first post you quoted.

No you are not, you are asumming that i would be biased while thats not the case. How would you know why i think of them first because of the media, i really doubt your a jedi.

What's so different about the mindset? The opponents may have changed but we're still in a constant war except now major countries rarely use their own soldiers and prefer to arm and fund 3rd world groups to do their jobs. The US, and it's opponents for that matter, have committed many massacres that, may not have been done using nuclear weapons, but were just as criminal. They are also currently involved in countless wars all over the globe, from Mali to Sudan to Afghanistan to Iraq and Syria, that result in the death of hundreds each day. What world do you live in?

I'd also like to remind you that less than 30 years ago, the whole world was on a verge of nuclear war. So it's not as distant as you make it out to be.

The war you are referring to wouldnt have been a nuclear war.

Explaining this any further would take hours of time, but the fact that they don't call this world war 3 says enough of the difference between now and 50 years back. (if it was like this , europe would go all out instead of being neutral in all this, again simply put else it takes to much time)

Well, the world is a sad place. And how is it not true? Every country in the world naturally only seeks it's own best interest that is almost always at the cost of someone else. It's all about power and countries would do anything to get it like the US currently funding and arming extremist groups in Syria that ultimately aim to destroy the US along with every non-Muslim in the world just so the US would gain political power in the middle east. Like Asad is currently bombing and killing his own people so he can stay in power. Like the kings of the Arabian gulf give half of their oil and their political alliance to US companies so that they could stay in power...I can go on all day.

I guess Europe is lucky then, because overall i think the people here arent interested in power/war.

No you are not, you are asumming that i would be biased while thats not the case. How would you know why i think of them first because of the media, i really doubt your a jedi.

I'm not assuming anything about you, everything I posted has been about what you actually said. My original post, which was a general comment not directed at you in particular was about how people hypocritically someone and claim him to be the devil when he's not much different that everyone else which you demonstrated when you claimed that Iran is a nuclear threat while the US was not. The point was, no one is an angle just like no one is the devil. It's all just a difference in opinion and beliefs and a contradiction in interest.

Of course Iran came to your mind first, you've got a whole media that keeps telling you over and over

That's an assumption...

And one that would be wrong since i'm not someone who watches news at tv day in day out brainlessly. Heck couldn't even care less since 90% is crap.

Well it is obvious that the tensions in the Middle East are growing and I wouldn't be surprised if our children will learn not only about WW I and WW II but also WW III. As long as Iran keeps threatening other nations - don't care if they have a nuclear weapon or not - they will not get away with mocking USA and Israel plus contradicting themselves constantly to other nations. If they do have/get a nuclear weapon then I'm 100% sure not only USA and NATO will take warfare measures against them but also Russia, China. Iran is a little toddler compared to the big nations in this world, they will be taken over in one assault, other thing is if they can keep the peace as Middle East is religiously driven region, the latter making people do stupid things.

The war you are referring to wouldnt have been a nuclear war.

The Cuban missile crisis? The nuclear war that nearly happened in 1983?

You know what? I actually think the world is better off with people who believe as you do, so let's leave the subject here..

That's an assumption...

And one that would be wrong since i'm not someone who watches news at tv day in day out brainlessly. Heck couldn't even care less since 90% is crap.

That's not an assumption. I'm very familiar with the western media and that is where you ultimate get you news whether directly or inderectly. The only assumption I made is that you don't tune in to Iranian media and listen to the other side of the story.

You conveniently left out most of the story. Like the fact that Iran threatens Israel because they belive that it continues to occupy other peoples lands and kill people (either directly or indirectly) and force them out of their homes on a daily basis. I don't believe that Israel is evil, but to talk about Iran's invisible nuclear weapons when Israel and the US have piles of them is extremely hypocritical.

The same reports that stated that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction? And even if it is true, why would that make it Iran's fault? How does Israel have the right to protect itself by building nuclear weapons but Iran does not?

United States of America and Israel have the power and support of the masses i.e the global establishment . What Iran has done is , he has stood against them , dangering the lives of their citizens and the peace of the entire region . When we all knows , they would not even make it to the second day if America starts bombin their cities.

Triggering the nuclear program means making enemies with the super power which is suicidal mate and any sane country would not do it unless they are equally powerful , which I'm afraid Iran is not.

I do not really mind dreamers but dreaming about crushing America and Israel is wayy unrealistic . They would even crush you in your dreams . It's about Survival mate , Bravery only works in the movies ;)

That's not an assumption. I'm very familiar with the western media and that is where you ultimate get you news whether directly or inderectly. The only assumption I made is that you don't tune in to Iranian media and listen to the other side of the story.

Next to the point, you said I <---- (not some random person listening to western media without being critical) was mislead.

United States of America and Israel have the power and support of the masses i.e the global establishment . What Iran has done is , he has stood against them , dangering the lives of their citizens and the peace of the entire region . When we all knows , they would not even make it to the second day if America starts bombin their cities.

Not true. The US is the most hated country in the world. I've never seen anyone burn an Iranian flag, but I've seen people of different ethnicity, races and beliefs in tens of different countries burn the American flag.

The US have the military power but that is no reason to bend over backwards for them. Life is fight. If you choose to live, you have to fight for it. If you want to give in just because someone is more powerful then you might as well just go back to being a slave for aristocrats and being worked to death by some over fed kings. Millions of people world-wide have given their lives so that the concept of the equality and the right to live came to be accepted. You may chose to not live if you want, but, luckily those rights are not your to give back and so everyone, Iran included can fight for their lives.

Triggering the nuclear program means making enemies with the super power which is suicidal mate and any sane country would not do it unless they are equally powerful , which I'm afraid Iran is not. I do not really mind dreamers but dreaming about crushing America and Israel is wayy unrealistic . They would even crush you in your dreams . It's about Survival mate , Bravery only works in the movies

No one wins wars completely. At least not in the modern world. You win small battles that give small benefits and leverage. The current Iran war started with Islamic revolution. Back then the US was backing the puppeteer of the king of Iran who was a a dictator and one of the wealthiest men on earth who oppressed his people. The people fought for their rights and took back their country from the US and have since been defending it from it. They've won many battles and come a long way from there. They are now a country that manufactures almost everything including cars. I'm not saying that the situation there is perfect, but it's much better than where they started from. Iran is much tougher than you give them credit for. Why else are the US and Israel afraid of war with it?

The Cuban missile crisis? The nuclear war that nearly happened in 1983?

You know what? I actually think the world is better off with people who believe as you do, so let's leave the subject here..

First of dont expect me to know everything about wars, i dont care about them, its not my field... at all. But im trying to have a decent discussion here.

2nd, i wasn't born then so I would only know the details IF like i said, was interested in that stuff, which im not.

3rd, i didnt know in the cold war it came (rather) close to an nuclear fight, but after browsing & reading about that stuff it was the sovjet union treatning with nuclear weapons, why do you take this as example?

We were talking about the US, im beginning to think and correct me if im wrong, your hatred for the US is blinding your usual neutral sight on things.

First of dont expect me to know everything about wars, i dont care about them, its not my field... at all. But im trying to have a decent discussion here. 2nd, i wasn't born then so I would only know the details IF like i said, was interested in that stuff, which im not.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing, but just don't be so defensive about your opinions if they are not based on many facts. I'll gladly discuss anything with you if you are open minded even if you do not know much about the subject. But I have to ask, why do you want a discussion about something you don't know or care about?

3rd, after browsing & reading about that stuff it was the sovjet union treatning with nuclear weapons, why do you take this as example?

It was not only the Soviet union threatening. It was the cold war. It was the US vs the Soviets and both were involved in the nuclear threatening. For about thirty years people all over the world lived with the possibility that a nuclear war could ignite any day. There were nuclear shelters all over America and Europe. I'm pretty sure you still have some in Belgium. It was not a distant possibility. Everyone back then was convinced that it was only a matter of time. In fact, most historians would tell you know that the world escaped a global nuclear war by luck more than anything.

For example, the 1963 Cuba crisis came about as a result of the soviets wanting to build nuclear missiles in Cuba because the US and allies had nuclear missiles in Europe near Russia. Everyone knew that that would ignite a nuclear war, except it miraculously did not.

In 1983, a soviet emergency detection station detected a US nuclear missile heading towards Russia. The soviet union almost launched a nuclear attack in return but the commander of the station decided that it was a false alarm even though that had never happened. That is how close we were to a nuclear world war 3. If that officer was in a different mood, history would have been drastically changed.

And there are many other close calls.

Like I said, I think it's actually good that you don't about all this, and if you want my advice, don't learn about them. You can afford to not know and fear politics, other people in other countries can't.