Spike

Jesus Christ. Just because it's Totalitarian doesn't mean it's going to be an Orwellian type world with everything taken away from the people. As long as they can still operate as human beings it's fine.

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system in which the state holds total authority over the society and seeks to control all aspects of public and private life whenever necessary.

'Whenever necessary'. Doesn't sound absolute to me. Whereas 'everything' does.

I don't agree with the system myself. IF you have to know.

RIght....I hadn't considered it could be that good type of Totalitarian regime like....um, were The Smurfs a totalitarian regime or am i thinking of Fraggle Rock.....actually Fraggle Rock was more of a communist regime but they did allow for free press if I remember correctly.

Guest FullEnglishBreakfast

RIght....I hadn't considered it could be that good type of Totalitarian regime like....um, were The Smurfs a totalitarian regime or am i thinking of Fraggle Rock.....actually Fraggle Rock was more of a communist regime but they did allow for free press if I remember correctly.

Of course there never will be a good totalitarian regime. Humans are too nasty for that to happen.

Hypotheticaly it could happen, but that's the problem. Hypotheticaly. It'll never happen.

The Smurfs were Nazis, actually.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19673_6-insane-but-convincing-theories-childrens-pop-culture_p2.html

As long as no one is hurt, Di Canio can be as facist as he pleases. I think some people instantly think of Hitler and Stalin with facism and that is not always the case.

Fascists seek to unify their nation through a totalitarian state that promotes the mass mobilization of the national community.

Nothing wrong with that as long as people aren't hurt and liberty isn't taken away from them.

As long as this doesn't happen:

Fascism views political violence, war, and imperialsim as a means to achieve national rejuvenation and asserts that "superior" nations and races should attain living space by displacing weak and inferior ones.

One of the basic tenants of Italian Fascism is the taking away of rights. What you basically stated in this post was that: "Nothing is wrong with what Di Canio believes, as long as it doesnt happen."

It is simply a sickening ideology.

One of the basic tenants of Italian Fascism is the taking away of rights. What you basically stated in this post was that: "Nothing is wrong with what Di Canio believes, as long as it doesnt happen."

It is simply a sickening ideology.

Well it's true isn't it? It's a contradiction to tell him that he can't believe in that stuff. Taking away his right to believe in bollocks doesn't seem right. It's a hypocritical ideology and I don't to be a hypocrite either.

Fuck your rights if it's oppressive to others. End of.

But then you are opressing them, becoming the exact same thing as them. So fuck your own rights to?

Don't forget what Nietzsche said...

Well it's true isn't it? It's a contradiction to tell him that he can't believe in that stuff. Taking away his right to believe in bollocks doesn't seem right. It's a hypocritical ideology and I don't to be a hypocrite either.

It is true, and I would never support a government which would tell a citizen what they can or cannot believe.

Sunderland, as a business and organization, should know better though.

If Israelis get kicked out of Israel, I'd better be kicked out of Australia. Fair is fair, you know?

Why? Did you come to Australia 60 years ago, kicked someone out of his home, killed his family and took his house? If so, then yes, you probably should be kicked out of Australia.

• 2 weeks later...

Found out today that for my year 13 A levels next year up to 50% of my lessons could be 'independent study' i.e. no teacher because of government cuts. Really what the fuck is this? A levels are amongst the most difficult exams you will ever take and the government expects us to meet all their stupid targets with 50% less teaching? Fuck them. Once the grades inevitably decrease we will hear them start moaning that we are all failures because 'our 18 year olds are not as clever as those from Holland, Denmark, Sweden etc.'

Well why would that be then you fucking cretins? Maybe because you spend so much of the country's budget in 20 years that you completely fuck up the country for the next 20 years and have to make drastic cuts. Its not rocket science. But they won't give a shit because they will be retired at 60 with a nice pension.

There will also be complaints from Universities that people are either not meeting their entry requirements or people are not going to University so the government will moan even more that 'our workforce isn't skilled enough'. Still, they have got their apprenticeship scheme all set up and are spending millions promoting that. A few years after they discouraged it. Twats. Maybe if you had realized that its a good idea we wouldn't have to put up with you spending millions promoting it again.

I understand cuts are necessary (but only because the idiots who run this country fucked it up in the first place) but you can't make all these cuts that will make people homeless and then spend £10m on a funeral for someone who was despised by so many. Fucking mess of a country.

Why? Did you come to Australia 60 years ago, kicked someone out of his home, killed his family and took his house? If so, then yes, you probably should be kicked out of Australia.

No but I'm sure my ancestors did and if they didn't a lot of others did. And the exact same thing applies to Israelis.

I bet you know next to nothing about what's happened in Australia since January 26 1788. And that's fair, I don't know much about Lebanon.

Found out today that for my year 13 A levels next year up to 50% of my lessons could be 'independent study' i.e. no teacher because of government cuts. Really what the fuck is this? A levels are amongst the most difficult exams you will ever take and the government expects us to meet all their stupid targets with 50% less teaching? Fuck them. Once the grades inevitably decrease we will hear them start moaning that we are all failures because 'our 18 year olds are not as clever as those from Holland, Denmark, Sweden etc.'

Well why would that be then you fucking cretins? Maybe because you spend so much of the country's budget in 20 years that you completely fuck up the country for the next 20 years and have to make drastic cuts. Its not rocket science. But they won't give a shit because they will be retired at 60 with a nice pension.

There will also be complaints from Universities that people are either not meeting their entry requirements or people are not going to University so the government will moan even more that 'our workforce isn't skilled enough'. Still, they have got their apprenticeship scheme all set up and are spending millions promoting that. A few years after they discouraged it. Twats. Maybe if you had realized that its a good idea we wouldn't have to put up with you spending millions promoting it again.

I understand cuts are necessary (but only because the idiots who run this country fucked it up in the first place) but you can't make all these cuts that will make people homeless and then spend £10m on a funeral for someone who was despised by so many. Fucking mess of a country.

I concur, sir. The political system has so many flaws.

What I don't get though, is the highlighted quoted sentence. In Denmark, they always tell us that we aren't as clever as other European countries... :dunno:

No but I'm sure my ancestors did and if they didn't a lot of others did. And the exact same thing applies to Israelis.

Wrong. In Palestine, millions of people were literally thrown out of their houses and and forced to leave the country. That has never happened in history, not that I know of at least. They were made to go to leave their homes and farms and work to go to countries where they have nothing and where they have been forced to live in refugee camps since 1948. There are tens of those camps across Lebanon, Syria and Jordan. I live across the highway to one of those refugee camps and if there were still day light I would have took a picture and posted it here so you could see what it looks like. They live in crammed, poorly built houses that don't have the most basic aspects for life. For political reasons, they aren't allowed to own any property or work in most jobs. So no it not exactly the same at all because when it comes to Pallestine there are millions of people living in inhuman conditions who still want their land and homes back.

EDIT: Here are a few pics I got from onlline:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z291/johnlknight/U834109.jpg

http://www.map-uk.org/files/442_burg_typical_camp_scene.jpg

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/media/blogs/blog/34/RefugeeCamp.palestine-34.jpg

http://www.greenprophet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/refugee-camp-lebanon-al-jazeera-560x315.jpg

http://static3.demotix.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/a_scale_large/400-2/photos/1289996807-palestinian-hiphop-in-beiruts-refugee-camps_461942.jpg