Spike

Why? Of course the world would be better for us, if they'd leave us alone, but I don't agreeing to killing without a trial. Maybe I'm naive and a romantic, but if you believe we should just walk into countries whom we consider extreme and kill them until their ideals don't exist anymore, then we're as bad as what we're trying to destroy.

You do realize that the Iranian Revolution was initiated by the CIA, right?

You're indeed a romantic lol , they fricking wear a bomb over their west , come dancing towards us and blast themselves thinkin their going directly to heaven . Do they still need a trial ?

Oh well every revolution is manipulated .

You're indeed a romantic lol , they fricking wear a bomb over their west , come dancing towards us and blast themselves thinkin their going directly to heaven . Do they still need a trial ?

Aren't we doing the same to them, though in a more technologically advanced manner?

You can never get rid of extremism. There will always be ignorant people who are willing to blow themselves up, and lots of them. But what you can stop are the not so ignorant people who actively arm and finance them just to gain some kind of political leverage be it Iran or the US or KSA..etc

Hmm...

The Jihad movement was formed in the 70's and actually started out with good intentions. The Muslim leaders were concerned about the global impact of US Branding and the effect the West was having on their culture. They wanted to stay as they were - not have youngsters seeing the 'American Dream' and abandoning their historic culture.

I kinda get that. But like anything, a few people went too far and we now have the situation we see.

Anybody who believes the current war isn't about 'strategic resources' is IMHO a little behind in their thinking.

Nobody wins a war.. It's a Hollywood misnomer... Both sides take casualties and life is disrupted for all involved. Everybody else in the world suffers - think extreme stupid airport checks... How is this progress? In 2013 pretty much stripping naked to get on a plane?

No idea what the end-game is anymore. But, what I will say again is - how can you beat an enemy who is prepared to sacrifice themselves and actively seek death? It's the opposite of what fighting a war is e.g. Survival... With that in mind, the continued military effort seems flawed...

The Jihad movement was formed in the 70's and actually started out with good intentions. The Muslim leaders were concerned about the global impact of US Branding and the effect the West was having on their culture. They wanted to stay as they were - not have youngsters seeing the 'American Dream' and abandoning their historic culture.

I'm sorry, but that's historically incorrect. The concept of Jihad started with the Islam and doesn't have the meaning everyone in the world now thinks it does. "Jihad" from the Arabic word of "Ijtihad" means simply to work. In Islam it means to work for the good of the Muslim "omma" or nation in any way possible from scientific discovery to fighting for Islam. The reason "Jihad" is frightening is that in Islam, if the leader of the Muslim world or "Khalifa" (if he exists) calls for "Jihad" then every Muslim in the world has to obey. Right now luckily there is no "Khalifa" and no Islamic state.

In modern history, "Jihad" was first stirred during WWI when the British (that's you guys :P) asked the Muslim leader in what is now KSA to call for Jihad against the Ottoman Empire in return for a promise of a unified Arab state when the war was done (of course you guys had other plans for the middle east and another deal with the Zionists, but that's a debate for another day). Then in the 70s, "Jihad" was stirred again this time by the US to get the Muslims to fight against the Soviet Union. Of course when the war ended, they were left with a bunch of fearless and armed fighters who really don't like Christians; seems pretty obvious in hindsight doesn't it?

And finally "Jihad" was once again used for political reasons this time by both Iran and the US after the invasion of Iraq (still waiting for that weapon of mass destruction to be found :lol: ) and both sides over did it this time and now there are armed Muslim extremists all over the middle east and north Africa and the US are still stupidly arming and financing them unaware that the situation has long gone out of hand.

I'm sorry, but that's historically incorrect. The concept of Jihad started with the Islam and doesn't have the meaning everyone in the world now thinks it does. "Jihad" from the Arabic word of "Ijtihad" means simply to work. In Islam it means to work for the good of the Muslim "omma" or nation in any way possible from scientific discovery to fighting for Islam. The reason "Jihad" is frightening is that in Islam, if the leader of the Muslim world or "Khalifa" (if he exists) calls for "Jihad" then every Muslim in the world has to obey. Right now luckily there is no "Khalifa" and no Islamic state.

In modern history, "Jihad" was first stirred during WWI when the British (that's you guys :P) asked the Muslim leader in what is now KSA to call for Jihad against the Ottoman Empire in return for a promise of a unified Arab state when the war was done (of course you guys had other plans for the middle east and another deal with the Zionists, but that's a debate for another day). Then in the 70s, "Jihad" was stirred again this time by the US to get the Muslims to fight against the Soviet Union. Of course when the war ended, they were left with a bunch of fearless and armed fighters who really don't like Christians; seems pretty obvious in hindsight doesn't it?

And finally "Jihad" was once again used for political reasons this time by both Iran and the US after the invasion of Iraq (still waiting for that weapon of mass destruction to be found :lol: ) and both sides over did it this time and now there are armed Muslim extremists all over the middle east and north Africa and the US are still stupidly arming and financing them unaware that the situation has long gone out of hand.

Dude you are listening too much of Sheikh Imran Hosein ^__^

And yeah whatever Taliban and Alqaeda are doing is clearly not JIHAD . You simply cannot do jihad without the state permission . Whatever these freaks are doing is worse than what hitler did with Jews -_-

You can never get rid of extremism. There will always be ignorant people who are willing to blow themselves up, and lots of them. But what you can stop are the not so ignorant people who actively arm and finance them just to gain some kind of political leverage be it Iran or the US or KSA..etc

You can always drone them first before they blow themselves . I know I'm a bit extreme about this but i'm tired of seeing women , children dying in their attacks . And yeah their financing need to stop but they kinda finance themselves , they kidnap bussiness mans , ask for ransom money . They are involved in bank robberies . I dont care we'll have to kill each of them but this insanity has to stop

Dude you are listening too much of Sheikh Imran Hosein ^__^

No idea who that guy is..

You can always drone them first before they blow themselves . I know I'm a bit extreme about this but i'm tired of seeing women , children dying in their attacks . And yeah their financing need to stop but they kinda finance themselves , they kidnap bussiness mans , ask for ransom money . They are involved in bank robberies . I dont care we'll have to kill each of them but this insanity has to stop

They have women and children too you know? If you want to eradicate them just for their beliefs, how does that make you better than them? Extremists can not take action without some sort of local and regional political cover because they are, despite their number, a minority. Blow the cover over their heads and their numbers will decline.

Don't tell me you think the US is in Afghanistan to 'win' a war? First, they can never get rid of the armed groups, they've always known that, it was never their objective; their objective was to establish a foothold near Iran. Second, even if they could, why in the world would they do that?! Muslim extremists are the US's new best friend! That is until they inevitably turn into another Qaida Just imagine if it were the US troops currently fighting and dying in Syria, that would cause a crisis in the US. Instead they have this endless supply of fearless ignorant and subsequently easily manipulated of fighters and all they need is to fund them from Arabian oil money. But the Americans are stupidly repeating the mistakes they made 40 years ago. Once the fighting is over these, now highly armed groups, will need some else to fight. It's in their ideology: every single one of them wants to die in battle because it's his ticket to heaven. And their next target will 100% be the "crusaders" and you will have a stronger Qaeda on your hands. We've already seen glimpses of that in the killing of the US ambassador in Libya.

PS: I quoted the second part because I could help but laugh at your notion of South Korea being a "good" country! Did it eat its broccoli and do its chores?! :lol:

But there are many ways to win a war. If USA achieved everything you said, it would indeed be considered a win!

I understand when you say they are not trying to win it. However, they are not by any chance achieving their objectives there, so when we say they are not winning it, we mean they are not achieving their goals! ;)

But there are many ways to win a war. If USA achieved everything you said, it would indeed be considered a win!

I understand when you say they are not trying to win it. However, they are not by any chance achieving their objectives there, so when we say they are not winning it, we mean they are not achieving their goals! ;)

Yeah I meant 'win' in the more traditional way. I could even argue that even if they achieved their objectives they would not have won because they war would not be really over.

Yeah I meant 'win' in the more traditional way. I could even argue that even if they achieved their objectives they would not have won because they war would not be really over.

Do they want to end it though?

Afghanistan is unwinnable, but it's not Vietnam. In Afghanistan we're talking about 15, 000 troops, 15, 000 civilians, and unknown number of Taliban killed in about 12 years. In Vietnam, it was about 800, 000 fighters killed and millions of civilians the vast majority of whom were also killed in a 12 year period ('63-'75). We're talking the difference between say 50-100K dead and millions.

North Korea is the weirdest country in the world. This is what happens when countries become isolated. They start to listen to their own internal lies only and they forget what's true and what's not ("Did we make that up to scare people o is it true?). You look at South Korea and what a generally very good country that's become and then you look . North Korea is just impoverished, isolated, and ruled by maniacs who would be funny if not for the actual misery they inflict on their people.

Sad to see how you speak of North Korea

• 2 weeks later...

He thinks he knows whats going on in North Korea but he does not. Just because the foreign media wants you to think that North Korea is bad does not mean it is.

I think we have a pretty good idea...

30% of their budget goes into their military

human rights are heavily restricted (no free speech, everything that comes in the media passes the government)

more than 100k political prisoners in inhumane conditions..

nuclear threats

some scuds on their town square

looks like a lovely bunch...