Barcelona 2 - 2 Chelsea

termninja

160 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

From a Barca forum, got to be the most laughable post of the evening

dmode

Some random points

1. Football (or soccer) is the only major sport where you can absolutely dominate and yet end up on the losing side. If Barca put an equivalent performance in NBA they would be 100-50 up by half time. If Barca put the same performance in NFL they would be 40-0 up. The problem with soccer is that your imperfections are not rewarded (there is no field goal). You get rewarded by only putting the ball in the back of the net. Fifa has really been ruined by Sepp Blatter and an organization stuck in middle ages. Teams which dominate should be rewarded. Innovative strategies to increase goal scoring is not encouraged or endorsed by Fifa. This results in laughable games like today where one team puts 10 people in the box and still ends up successful

2. Teams have started to figure out the strategy to defeat Barca. A combination of bad pitch and parked bus will do the job. Barca doesn't have a strong set piece attack neither does it take shots from outside the box. Just crowding the 18 yard box and conceding the midfield seems to get the job done these days. Point to ponder on whether a regular 4-4-2 type traditional formation would open up more space. Real Madrid is a good example of a side that plays direct football with traditional CFs and are equally successful. I wonder whether Pep will move in that direction next year.

3. What's the point of this game. Football is a sport and we are supposed to be entertained. How is stacking the box and defending since the 0" entertaining anyone. How is bettering the footballing experience?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great, great game. From feeling utter despair at that Iniesta goal and then for Ramires to restore our hope with that for a goal.

JT dismissal was a bit stupid and we may well miss out on the trophy for that. Messi's penalty was brilliant as well :D All the players, even Bosingwa were excellent. Ramires looks a competent right back.

I also have a confession to make, I nearly cried when I saw Di Matteo and Newton celebrate like that.

i think its 40mil. http://soccernet.esp...ch-list?cc=5901

"The club's run last year to the final of the Champions League, where they lost to Barcelona, commanded an $80 million (£50m) payout from UEFA."

That's not just for the final but the whole Champions league run and probably the TV share. Get the numbers from here.

i dont think this season has been about playing our best players etc its been about the way weve reacted. The fact is terry cant play th cl final, so why not use the remaining games to get another partnership? id prefer to win cl then finish 4th? its not me turning against terry, his performances this season esp 1st leg v barca, the 2nd leg v napoli, benfica etc says he deserves as much credit as the rest and he deserves a cl medal and to lift the trophy but what he did tonight was awful. U cant argue that? listening to rumours etc i feel things must have been said during the game that riled him. Rio ferdinand apparantly speaking to pique etc. coincidence? but hes our captain and hes leading those players out v barca in a cl semi. he shdnt react. Im no hater mate. Got a signed terry england shirt on v algeria on my wall

Fair enough, but we have only fit CB in Ivanovic, besides Terry, and even he's suspended for the next game.

Bosingwa at center back it is then

I've said it before (maybe with a bit of sarcasm), that he plays really well when out of position. Its probably because he's more alert when not playing RB and hence doesn't let his mind doze off...

I've said it before (maybe with a bit of sarcasm), that he plays really well when out of position. Its probably because he's more alert when not playing RB and hence doesn't let his mind doze off...

The urge to cross badly is reduced as well due to him not being on the wing

Fair enough, but we have only fit CB in Ivanovic, besides Terry, and even he's suspended for the next game.

ok then id play him, but u get my point? my emotions are sky high. Defended him all his career but the result bales out what was an awful decision by him tonight. So uncharacteristic tonight. He always handles the criticism and occasion so well.

ok then id play him, but u get my point? my emotions are sky high. Defended him all his career but the result bales out what was an awful decision by him tonight. So uncharacteristic tonight. He always handles the criticism and occasion so well.

Yes, I got the point :smiliecap1:

What a night , i still can't fucking believe this.I just can't stop smiling,i am so proud of the team.

Munich here we come.

CAREFREE WHEREVER WE MAY BE

WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC

AND WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK

WHOEVER YOU MAY BE

CAUSE WE ARE THE FAMOUS CFC

Steve just want to say i'm sorry for the outburst, you were spot on!. At 2-1 down though and terry sent off i just had no hope at all.

Hey you weren't the only one...I walked out of the pub to sulk @ the 45th minute mark & once I got out there...I heard this scream. At first I thought it were the numerous Barca fans in the bar I watchin' the match..then I heard Chelsea are still in it. I looked & I saw that beautiful chip by Ramires...Never again will I turn my back on these guys. I would advise Monsieur Petit to do the same <_<