Barcelona 2 - 2 Chelsea

termninja

160 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Alaba Defender Holger Badstuber Defender Jerome Boateng Defender Philipp Lahm Defender Luiz Gustavo Midfielder Toni Kroos Midfielder Thomas Muller Attacker

i would definitely like bayern to qualify, all 4 of their first team defenders are on a yellow and atlease 2 or 3 should (i hope) get another tomorrow. hope the playing field becomes a liitle even COME ON CHELSEA.

Some random points

1. Football (or soccer) is the only major sport where you can absolutely dominate and yet end up on the losing side. If Barca put an equivalent performance in NBA they would be 100-50 up by half time. If Barca put the same performance in NFL they would be 40-0 up. The problem with soccer is that your imperfections are not rewarded (there is no field goal). You get rewarded by only putting the ball in the back of the net. Fifa has really been ruined by Sepp Blatter and an organization stuck in middle ages. Teams which dominate should be rewarded. Innovative strategies to increase goal scoring is not encouraged or endorsed by Fifa. This results in laughable games like today where one team puts 10 people in the box and still ends up successful

from barcaforum.com

Is this real life?

According to wikipedia, both Man Utd and Barca earned about 40m euros from the CL Final last season. Torres' goal sealed a repayment of about 80% of his transfer fee. :getin:

Getting to the final earns the losing side €5.6 million and €9 million for the winners.

from barcaforum.com

Is this real life?

Blaming the very core of the game. Doesn't get more small time than this, luckily you'll encounter such extremes only on the internet.

Not sure what the point of posting idiotic bitter texts or even acting like a cunt on other forums is.

This night is all about Chelsea.

I was close to tears of agony and frustration when Terry was sent off and then Iniesta scored, what looked like, the game winning goal. Finally I did cry but they were tears of sheer delight, when Torres raced through on Valdes and rounded him, it's pretty hard to compare that moment of sheer ecstasy with anything else.

For 30 minutes we defended well, particularly from around the 15 minute mark onward, we restricted Barcelona to ambitious shots from outside the box and a few un-Barcelona like passes. Then they got the equalizer and the whole game changed. Terry lost his head, I thought that was the end of the tie and when Iniesta scored so easily that just seemed to confirm that this tie was indeed over. The lads looked drained, demoralized and it looked like it could have turned into a trashing.

Then came Ramires, with the most wonderful chip goal that you could ever hope to see, for someone constantly written off as purely a workhorse this was entirely out of character. I barely even celebrated the goal, I applauded the brilliance of the finish (and Lampard's terrific pass) but in the grand scheme of things I didn't think it meant much. Down to 10 men at the Camp Nou against the greatest side of their generation, arguably the greatest team to ever play the game, with a centre back pairing of Bosingwa and Ivanovic and Ramires as the right back I thought the Brazilian's goal would be little more than consolation, how wrong I was.

The dive from Fabregas made me sick. My ambition of actually reaching the final had already been sapped but for tei to end like this, with a Messi penalty from a Fabregas dive made me absolutely furious, Messi missed, justice served but still I didn't believe, even in my heart of hearts that we could do it. Ivanovic missed a header, Kalou missed a good chance, I was exasperated, missed opportunities, precious commodities at the Camp Nou. But as the minutes ticked by, one by one, five by five, ten by ten, my heart was beating a little bit faster, my hands were getting just a bit clammier, my forehead just a bit wetter and by the 80th minute I was a nervous wreck. Finally I thought that maybe, just maybe, we could hold out for 10 minutes, still I wouldn't have bet on it. I don't think I can ever remember time moving slower than it did from around the 80th minute onwards.

But then came Fernando Torres. Id seen it written as a joke that Torres would pop up in the 90th minute and score the winner but nobody could have seriously predicted what they saw tonight. It was one of the greatest games of football I've ever seen, not always in terms of quality but in terms of pure drama, excitement, the backstory, what it meant to both clubs, this was pure blockbuster.

A extraordinary amount of credit must go to the lads. To keep Barcelona at bay for the best part of 60 minutes at the Camp Nou is something but to do it with 10 men is something else entirely. Everyone put in a shift, those lads out there on that pitch tonight were an absolute credit to the club, as were the fans who staid in the stadium long after the final whistle had sounded. From Petr Cech performing heroics in the Chelsea goal, to an excellent display from makeshift centre back duo Bosingwa and Ivanovic to an absolute masterclass of full back play from Ashley Cole to the hard working, disciplined midfield trio of Lampard, Meireles and Mikel, to the gut busting energy and touch of class of Ramires who played a bloody stormer at right back, to the hard work of Juan Mata, to the sheer determination, will power and brilliance of Didier Drogba who, filling in at left back, was absolutely monstrous to the composure and quality of Fernando Torres who will go down in Chelsea folklore for all of the right reasons after that goal tonight. You couldn't ask anything more of those players tonight.

Looking ahead to the final, yes it is a big shame that important players like Terry, Ivanovic, Ramires and Meireles will miss out, Ivanovic's interview with Geoff Shreeves after the game, where he discovered from Shreeves that he would miss the final nearly had me in tears again it was so depressing but that we have made it to a Champions League final from where we were only a couple of months ago means we cant really bemoan our luck. If you had said to somebody that we would go 2-0 down against Barcelona at the Camp Nou, have John Terry sent off with 60 minutes still remaining and still go on to score 2 goals and win the tie 3-2 they would think you are insane so why cant we win a Champions League final against either Bayern Munich or Real Madrid with a potential line up of Cech, Bsoingwa, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Mikel, Essien, Lampard, Kalou, Drogba, Mata. That team will be a challenge for any side to beat, absolutely we will be the underdogs no matter who we are playing but I fancy our chances of beating Bayern Munich or Real Madrid a hell of a lot more than I fancied our chances of beating Barcelona with 10 men and Bosingwa playing centre back.

Absolutely fucking delighted. im goin to munich without ticket but i feel they 100% deserve my support. I love jt but in my opinion shdnt play again this season. Terrible behaviour on a massive night. As much as i dislike miereles bosingwa etc everyone of those players have made an average mans year a good one already. Thats why they get paid alot. For everyone who doubted frank needs to take a look at therselves. I felt we needed a change, and didnt have a problem with avb looking past him to a point, but some ppl on here slated him! hes been immense over the last few months, his heart and quality shud never be in question and thats why i love him as cfc fan. drogbas proved why he shud be amongst the messis and ronaldos of this world, in term s of big game performances (im not stupid enough to just judge goals) hes the best ive seen. Playing against puyol, pique, mascherano etc and hes 5 on 1 most times yet still managed to frighten the life of them. Unbelievable.

Getting to the final earns the losing side €5.6 million and €9 million for the winners.

Blaming the very core of the game. Doesn't get more small time than this, luckily you'll encounter such extremes only on the internet.

Not sure what the point of posting idiotic bitter texts or even acting like a cunt on other forums is.

This night is all about Chelsea.

i think its 40mil. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1050907/manchester-united-pip-barca,-real-madrid-to-top-football-rich-list?cc=5901

"The club's run last year to the final of the Champions League, where they lost to Barcelona, commanded an $80 million (£50m) payout from UEFA."