Barcelona vs Chelsea

termninja

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, after the debacle on Saturday??

yes Mata can't offer us much the way we set up again Barca, as became evident at the Bridge

I believe we need to try and improve our counter attacks any way we can. We only had one really good one as far as I remember. Sturridge will be able to inject some more pace at the rare moments when we can go forward

yes Mata can't offer us much the way we set up again Barca, as became evident at the Bridge

I believe we need to try and improve our counter attacks any way we can. We only had one really good one as far as I remember. Sturridge will be able to inject some more pace at the rare moments when we can go forward

Understand where you're coming from but with his defensive deficiencies and even attacking wise, where it was all evident on Saturday, we'll ended up just giving the ball easily back to Barcelona if we play Sturridge.

Understand where you're coming from but with his defensive deficiencies and even attacking wise, where it was all evident on Saturday, we'll ended up just giving the ball easily back to Barcelona if we play Sturridge.

might be too much of a gamble yes. I think Mata's decent when defending but not great by any means, also he doesn't offer anything in the air because of his height

Takes luck and we defintly had that first half with them hitting the cross bar..need that 2nd half!! Need a team performance 2nd half not just indivudual ones...and keep going till the end not loose focus at the end of the 90 mins espically if still only 1-0 up!

They are two things in which we outmatch Barca in

Hunger and Desire.

Lets hope that pays dividends.

Remember after the 3-1 in Napoli, who would have thought we'd be going into the second leg of a Champions League semi final with a 1-0 lead?

Heck final match in the group stage who'd thought we'd gotten this far! All I remember was reading articles on how difficult our task was and the focus completly on us and pretty much setting us up to fail.Yet we got through top of the group and Man U who sod all been said about went out...and last English team standing.Regardless of if we go through or not proud of our run in this comp really..never thought we'd get even close to the final....

Honestly think we have a massive chance on Tuesday night as long as the lads are in the right mind set they have to go out to get a result no point trying to nick a goal and hope to lose 2-1 as if we do that Barca will tear us apart! Just feel if we go with the same mentality as the bridge (where we defended but also tryed to attack them when we could!) we have a big chance!

Heading out Tuesday morning cant wait. I am new to this forum so might be out of line here but here goes! I am heading out with 2 lads Tuesday morning and we are short a ticket so if anyone knows of a spare one would appreciate any help at all as we all want to be there to experience what i am hoping and praying will be Blues history!

Guys answer me this, can we do it?. Can we get to the final?.

Getting to the final itself is it's own great achievement to this club even if we don't win it, been in 2 CL finals, what an achievement.

Can Di Matteo get this one right and can we get into the final?, i really want to hope he can do it and the players and we get to that final and win it.

We can but whether we do is a different matter. Honestly if we do get through and get beaten in the final i won't be thinking about what a super achievement it is..ill be absolutely gutted. Still like most I ain't gotten over Moscow, still hurts. I'd really love this great club to have the prestige of a European cup to its name. Any loss in the competition now will be grim so fingers crossed.

Roland Koeman played Defender and Van Der Saar played a GK and it is so ironic that they say Chelsea defending for 90 minutes is anti football and is ugly and that Barcelona's is beautiful.

This aint Fucking Ballet for it to be beutiful.

To what end? We're not looking to attack. This is about sending out the most defensive side possible, right? Also Mata can't create much when we have 25% possession...

Alternatively to Bosingwa, we could try Bertrand on the left wing. But Bertrand would never have played in an occasion like this, in front of 90,000 passionate Barcelona fans. I think he'd be a bit rabbit-in-the-headlights.

No question we will have to defend but if you honestly think we're gonna go to Camp Nou and clean sheet them there I would advise you to think again. The key to this tie is getting that away goal... I have no doubt Barca will score its a question of how many for me. If we score one they have to score three, that to me will decide the tie.

We have to loof to score a goal first then look to defend.