Barcelona vs Chelsea

termninja

To the pitch size debate:

I really don't get all those saying that Camp nou's bigger pitch will make a big difference. Their pitch is 1.49% wider and 1.94% taller than that at SB. That's not even noticeable with the naked eye!

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramires will be the main attacking outlet on the counter. Ramires' main attacking priority is supply because we all know he is a terrible finisher. When Ramires is attacking Meireles should drop into the right flank and allow Ivanocic more supporting room, though Ivan's main priority is defence.

Bertrand's main priority is supporting Cole in defence, but should use his pace to attack when the situation needs it.

Mikel's role is very basic, disrupt play and sit in front of the back four.

Negative tactics are necessary if we as Chelsea fans want our team in the final. Time wasting, diving, intentional fouls are all necessary. I hate to say it, but we need to be like Leeds United in the 70s. Barcelona outclass Chelsea in every postion except CB, LB and GK, so naturally there is no way Chels can outplay this team.

adsfhfkjjhglkilouiupo0i.png

Apololgies for the picture quality.

These are the formations I expect from La Blaugrana. Maybe the personale will differ but the general idea will be similar.

adsfdsafsadf.png

Because even Messi played bad game, he was still the most dangerous man on the pitch in both games. Yes even in el classico. I saw him made a run and the whole defense move to the left giving xavi whole space for himself.

He is the only person who is capable of opening our defense, he ran at our defense make our defense have to scramble, collapsing and he attract not 1 not 2 but 6 players when he made his run.

Messi will always attract a bunch of players whether he's having a good game or a poor game BUT I think Alexis Sanchez could be the decisive factor at Camp Nou. He's just an awesome player.

No, I don't think so. The biggest crowd he's faced were 60,000 at Emirates yesterday and that stadium has all the atmosphere of a funeral.

Put him in front of 90,000 Cules in a high pressure match and he'll take a while to get used to it, a while we can't afford. Not to mention he'll be targeted by the players and the fans because of his inexperience.

he will go up and down the left flank all day and i really don't see how he and cole on the left can go wrong. this will also put ramires on the right and mata in the middle. win-win-win situation

to your point - i think he is ready to face the music now. after endless loan deals he has finally gotten the chance to prove himself and he was voted MOTM here on tc for the wigan and asnl game. really wouldn't mind him ahead of meireles or essien

Ramires will be the main attacking outlet on the counter. Ramires' main attacking priority is supply because we all know he is a terrible finisher. When Ramires is attacking Meireles should drop into the right flank and allow Ivanocic more supporting room, though Ivan's main priority is defence.

Bertrand's main priority is supporting Cole in defence, but should use his pace to attack when the situation needs it.

Mikel's role is very basic, disrupt play and sit in front of the back four.

Negative tactics are necessary if we as Chelsea fans want our team in the final. Time wasting, diving, intentional fouls are all necessary. I hate to say it, but we need to be like Leeds United in the 70s. Barcelona outclass Chelsea in every postion except CB, LB and GK, so naturally there is no way Chels can outplay this team.

adsfhfkjjhglkilouiupo0i.png

Apololgies for the picture quality.

These are the formations I expect from La Blaugrana. Maybe the personale will differ but the general idea will be similar.

How do you know that Bertrand will be used as a LW in front of 90,000 fans at Camp Nou?

Would be a good option but don't think he'll be a starter against Barcelona.

Anyway as long as we soak up the pressure & have a decent referee, who knows, we might just make it to the UCL final.

How do you know that Bertrand will be used as a LW in front of 90,000 fans at Camp Nou?

Anyway as long as we soak up the pressure & have a decent referee, who knows, we might just make it to the UCL final.

have to agree about Ryan, can't see any way Robbie is likely to risk him in this game, he'll stick with the experienced heads for Tuesday.

I never said I knew. Just because the Camp Nou holds 90,000 fans doesn't mean it has a good atmosphere. The Camp Nou will more than likely have a great atmosphere for this match but the average match at the Camp Nou has the atmoshpere of the cold dead regions of space.