The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

For me Barcelona is better with Luis Enrique than with Guardiola.

With Guardiola Barcelona just played Tiki Taka and Rondo, as a kind of offensive Catenaccio, boring and frustrating at times.

In contrast with Luis Enrique they play spectacular football which mixes Tiki Taka with vertical clearance and counterattack.

Guardiola was just big with Messi. Despite winning two Bundesliga, I think Guardiola has failed with Bayern.

Luis Enrique is a courageous coach ...

Regards.

They need a champions League trophy first before they can be considered a great team. Then they need to be dominant for 2 straight seasons to be compared to pep's Barcelona.

Suárez is so good and yet so unselfish. Holy shit, what a player. It's not by chance that he almost carried Liverpool to the title.

Suarez is a fantastic player. Barcelona without his constant costa like movement have now looked ordinary in attack this 2nd half.

Anyone who gets 30 goals and 14 assistsin the epl is no joke. I had to remind people in the hazard thread who the 3rd best player in the world is.

Suárez is so good and yet so unselfish. Holy shit, what a player. It's not by chance that he almost carried Liverpool to the title.

If you told me Suarez would become a world-class centre forward and key player for Barcelona 5 years ago, I would've slapped you silly. I still don't believe it. The progress he's booked since Ajax is unreal.

3-2 would have been a horrible result, even if this would have been the first leg. And Bayern only won because BArca switched off and went 2 gears down.

Even with Ribery, Robben, Alaba et al this Barca would have easily thrown them out of the competiiton.

MOst impressive about them besides their passing is their forward movement in a quick break. When they win the ball in midfield, the 3 currently most forward players always start great runs into space. Must be fun for Rakitic and Iniesta to pick them up with those diagonals.

They need a champions League trophy first before they can be considered a great team. Then they need to be dominant for 2 straight seasons to be compared to pep's Barcelona.

True, but within 30 days they will have won their fourth Champions League since 2006.

The success of Barcelona is not only Guardiola, also is Frank Rijkaard, Carles Puyol and Xavi. Barcelona is a model that works well for a long time, not only since from Guardiola.

But Luis Enrique's Barcelona is very close to winning three trophies (La Liga, Cup and Champions League) without stealing anyone, not like Guardiola (Ovrebo or the scandal of Bernabeu).

Regards.

3-2 would have been a horrible result, even if this would have been the first leg. And Bayern only won because BArca switched off and went 2 gears down.

Even with Ribery, Robben, Alaba et al this Barca would have easily thrown them out of the competiiton.

MOst impressive about them besides their passing is their forward movement in a quick break. When they win the ball in midfield, the 3 currently most forward players always start great runs into space. Must be fun for Rakitic and Iniesta to pick them up with those diagonals.

Don't think so. Munich only pace player was bernat and lahm hasn't recovered properly from injury.

A healthy munich team vs this barca team would of been a good match. Sadly, munich was decimated by injuries and I'm sure Lewandowski injury also played a part in him missing all those easy shots.

Will be interesting to see if Munich decide to replace ribery for once after all these injuries he keeps suffering the last few seasons.. Maybe Reus to Munich is the perfect solution for Munich and Germany national team.

Will be interesting to see if Munich decide to replace ribery for once after all these injuries he keeps suffering the last few seasons.. Maybe Reus to Munich is the perfect solution for Munich and Germany national team.

They kinda need replacement for both robben n ribbery. This kind of player is hard to find, Reus is definitely the best option