The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Does Neymar ONLY score tap-ins at Barca? Just about every time I see him score it's either a tap-in set up on a golden platter for him like that goal was or it's a breakaway 1-on-1 where he easily walks past a keeper.

No.

Remember when Barca were in "meltdown" and Luis Enrique was going to get sacked and Messi wanted to leave back in Jan? :lol:

I remember no such thing. Stop trying to plant false memories upon my own. Worse than Hitler, this is memory facism.

Remember when Barca were in "meltdown" and Luis Enrique was going to get sacked and Messi wanted to leave back in Jan? :lol:

Lmao i mentioned that too my mate aswell.

I think it was his player-management and lack of "Appeal" (almost like the Moyes vs LVG when they were both on similar points for large parts of the season.) that made his first few months so difficult.

Luis Enrique did make some horrible decisions tho, like benching Messi & Neymar against Sociedad.. But those people arguing against his tactics just didnt want to accept the fact they were no longer going to play that tiki-taka bullshit. It was clear Enrique wanted them to be more decisive in their passing and even play on the counter so their front 3 could play in space. And the fans couldn't stomach seeing this change.

But i 'like' this Barca, their not a bore to watch. (Still hate them tho)

Barca's midfield has been excellent. Rakitic is everywhere, strong on both ends, and more than astute in his distribution. Great player. Iniesta keeps growing centre midfield role and is starting to own it. His defensive abilities have always been underrated. He's definitely lost a step though, but that's alright. And Busquets is in top form. His positioning is amazing and he breaks up so much play.

Brilliant, brilliant top by Ter Stegen for the Lewandowski shot btw.

Bayern's finishing has been poor. Barca's super trio doing the usual. Very, very poor defending for the second goal though. What was Benatia thinking leaving Suarez unmarked?

Lmao i mentioned that too my mate aswell.

I think it was his player-management and lack of "Appeal" (almost like the Moyes vs LVG when they were both on similar points for large parts of the season.) that made his first few months so difficult.

Luis Enrique did make some horrible decisions tho, like benching Messi & Neymar against Sociedad.. But those people arguing against his tactics just didnt want to accept the fact they were no longer going to play that tiki-taka bullshit. It was clear Enrique wanted them to be more decisive in their passing and even play on the counter so their front 3 could play in space. And the fans couldn't stomach seeing this change.

But i 'like' this Barca, their not a bore to watch. (Still hate them tho)

The man has done wonders for a team that looked like it was well on the decline. The work he's done with them on set-pieces is something of a miracle!