New Season

Kojo

Javi is a type of player that I can easily compare to Xavi Alonso.

He is the perfect piece for a team that wants to play with 2 DM's because of his quality he can offer.

Brilliant, because i've been thinking about Ramires an awful lot. And i've even come to the conclusion (no one please get mad), that selling him might be a good option. I just don't think he will fit our system anymore, i think if we sell him and get a good amount we can get a better player. Well tbf it's for my system not the new managers but still. I think we need that passer on the ball with Mata who also has defensive qualities. And Ramires there instead wont do us any good in my opinion.

I know you mentioned DM role, but with a bit more freedom how would he suit a

Mata-Javi Martinez

Tiote

formation?, do you reckon he can be suited for that?.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we already Have Romeu who can be our deep lying playmaker, we need to Replace Essien with a Strong, solid and very gold CDM who can be our Makelele and break up the attack. Tiote and M'Villa are great candidates. Romeu to spread the ball and Tiote/M'Villa to be the wall in our midfield

Sorry but I am not sold on Romeu cause we don't know if he wants to leave us for Barcelona.

And he ain't getting a chance ahead of Essien and Mikel.

Romeu a deep lying playmaker?, wait what?. I have never seen Romeu show off any quality passing or vision. So he's not really a deep lying playmaker is he, he's just more of a natrual dm.

A quality none of our current dm have as they all have been forced to play in that position.

Brilliant, because i've been thinking about Ramires an awful lot. And i've even come to the conclusion (no one please get mad), that selling him might be a good option. I just don't think he will fit our system anymore, i think if we sell him and get a good amount we can get a better player. Well tbf it's for my system not the new managers but still. I think we need that passer on the ball with Mata who also has defensive qualities. And Ramires there instead wont do us any good in my opinion.

I know you mentioned DM role, but with a bit more freedom how would he suit a

Mata-Javi Martinez

Tiote

formation?, do you reckon he can be suited for that?.

Well Ramires for me with a better team is not starting 11 material but great to have for squad depth. Like people say of Meireles. Ok player that can be used as squad player.

Plus Ramires would be vital for those games when we need to counter attack, or defend a lead.

And for the 4-2-3-1, yes it will work like that.

Tiote and Javi both in the 2 role, but with Javi having a bit more freedom then Tiote to set up more attacking player with Mata.

I agree, actually most people can see that Ramires is not really a good player and will not be world class because he does not have any creativity and Craft. I think he is one player we could do without. His box-to-box ability is unquestionable but that's not what we need anymore.

Sorry but I am not sold on Romeu cause we don't know if he wants to leave us for Barcelona.

Romeu was starting ahead of Mikel early in the season. Plus Essien is past it. Romeu should be our new CDM, he is the best option and can get a hell lot better.

Well Ramires for me with a better team is not starting 11 material but great to have for squad depth. Like people say of Meireles. Ok player that can be used as squad player.

Plus Ramires would be vital for those games when we need to counter attack, or defend a lead.

I know, they are good benefits. But for me there just not good enough, if that's the case then i think it's better to sell him and get some cash. Because this is the position we've put ourselves in unfortunately, we have to make money as much as we spend on players. We have to pretty much balance off all our transactions, selling Ramires will be a big help.

I know, they are good benefits. But for me there just not good enough, if that's the case then i think it's better to sell him and get some cash. Because this is the position we've put ourselves in unfortunately, we have to make money as much as we spend on players. We have to pretty much balance off all our transactions, selling Ramires will be a big help.

If we sell Ramires, we'd have to keep one of Essien or Meireles or buy 2 Midfielders

Good point, at which I will only sell if some crazy bid comes from Anzhi! :D

I agree, actually most people can see that Ramires is not really a good player and will not be world class because he does not have any creativity and Craft. I think he is one player we could do without. His box-to-box ability is unquestionable but that's not what we need anymore.

Romeu was starting ahead of Mikel early in the season. Plus Essien is past it. Romeu should be our new CDM, he is the best option and can get a hell lot better.

So why can't we have Tiote, Romeu and Javi?

In a long season where will be using 4-2-3-1 as one of our formations, it behoove us to get more then just one player for each role.

And like I said, Romeu is a card we don't know. He can easily bounce to Barcelona in a year or two, so is better to have Javi because of that.

Unfortunately we have not been linked to Kagawa :( We will probably end up going for Modric for 40 Million which is absurd considering Fabregas went for i think 34 Million? If we use that as a standard, Modric is not worth a cent over 30 Million

yeah. some fees defy logic actually. eg - ibrahimovic for 50+mil AND samuel eto'o when it should have just been a straight swap.lol

Good point, at which I will only sell if some crazy bid comes from Anzhi! :D

In a long season where will be using 4-2-3-1 as one of our formations, it behoove us to get more then just one player for each role.

And like I said, Romeu is a card we don't know. He can easily bounce to Barcelona in a year or two, so is better to have Javi because of that.

Well, I'd like that, I havent seen any of Martinez but he sounds like a great Talent, plus he is Spanish and is a spanish International so it would be great to have him but I don't think we will buy 2 midfielders ( Creative Middy is priority) and we haven't been linked with him.

We have him for next season mate. i think he really needs to start more often. maybe rotate with a new-signing

Well, I'd like that, I havent seen any of Martinez but he sounds like a great Talent, plus he is Spanish and is a spanish International so it would be great to have him but I don't think we will buy 2 midfielders ( Creative Middy is priority) and we haven't been linked with him.

I really don't think we need a creative mid if you got Javi, Romeu and Mata. Because Romeu and Javi can easily balanced out with Mata to add creativity in the mid.

With Lampard, Josh, Kakuta and what ever other youth getting some games from time to time.

With that mid of:

Javi-Tiote

Mata

You would only need wingers.

Indeed, it's not like were completely running out of options here is it, Romeu back up for Tiote, if they both get injured then Javi Martinez does the job. Essien has to go he's surpluss to requirements. Mikel it's best for him to go because i can never see him flourishing here and we have to sell him now for the most money we can get for him at least.

Indeed, it's not like were completely running out of options here is it, Romeu back up for Tiote, if they both get injured then Javi Martinez does the job. Essien has to go he's surpluss to requirements. Mikel it's best for him to go because i can never see him flourishing here and we have to sell him now for the most money we can get for him at least.

that would be really sad when essien leaves although it looks like we dont have a choice. would u change your pic then?

I really don't think we need a creative mid if you got Javi, Romeu and Mata. Because Romeu and Javi can easily balanced out with Mata to add creativity in the mid.

With Lampard, Josh, Kakuta and what ever other youth getting some games from time to time.

With that mid of:

Javi-Tiote

Mata

You would only need wingers.

True, although I'd prefer a midfield of

----Javi-------Romeu

----------Mata-------

More Creative and an all Spanish Midfield :D

For us to get Tiote and Martinez (unlikely) we will have to sell Essien and Meireles/Ramires

that would be really sad when essien leaves although it looks like we dont have a choice. would u change your pic then?

Nope, he's a legend, i couldn't see myself changing my picture. If he ever disrespected the ful or anything i would change it. But i think the guy is great and such a great charactor and shows a lot of sportsmanship. That's why i love him, but mostly as the player he was. Don't worry i've gotten over it if he leaves, because i've learnt it's for the best and it's the club what matters over all.

Nope, he's a legend, i couldn't see myself changing my picture. If he ever disrespected the ful or anything i would change it. But i think the guy is great and such a great charactor and shows a lot of sportsmanship. That's why i love him, but mostly as the player he was. Don't worry i've gotten over it if he leaves, because i've learnt it's for the best and it's the club what matters over all.

yes. off the field, i have always liked his blogs and his ability to recover from horror injuries. and his penchant for playing good in the big games. but sadly, time and tide wait for no man