New Season

Kojo

I rather lose a game with 2-3 .... then have another run of BORING 1-1 games like we had plenty of last season :)!!

Eventually we will always gain more points by winning a few more than list 10 draws and lose 20 points by doing so!

Just give us attractive football in season 2012-2013 please :blue scalf:

No, you wouldn't. I bet you can't honestly tell anyone you had more fun seeing us lose 5-3 to Arsenal than you did seeing us grind out a win at Munich. And I'm pretty sure our win per game ratio under Di Matteo with his frustrating tactic was much higher than that under AVB with his sexy football.

Besides, anything to piss off that prick Johann Cruyff.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It needs not to be said that I don't 'like' us losing games... that's rather logical. But to be honest... If it wouldn't have been for the European Cup Final... I would have been deeply ashamed of our team's performance that night in Munich.

Of course I was over the moon with the cup... but please... no more games like that!! We are f*cking Chelsea FC! We don't need to see a German team dominating us for 120 minutes... with us barely coming on their side of the pitch. Goal attemps 35 vs. 9, corner kicks 20 vs. 1(!)!!!!!

It is quickly forgotten when you win the Champions League AND (even more importantly) when you can steal a match from the germans :). But next season I want us to dominate is almost every game!!

AVB & sexy football?? I haven't seen sexy football at all this season.

If we sign two players for a lot of money, e.g Hulk and Hazard, we would have to sell one of our good players.

some fuking sense yes we would need to! id rather just one MARQUEE signing and other above average so we could keep that player. this would only bring good competition but unlike a hazard hulk combo witch guarantee starting places another signing like a jovetic, willian, ayew, any other winger but not for 30 plus mill if we sign one already.

although whatever happens we really are putting a lot of trust in KDB and Marin playing and most importantly well too. i hope and have reason they will but still we just dont know.

It needs not to be said that I don't 'like' us losing games... that's rather logical. But to be honest... If it wouldn't have been for the European Cup Final... I would have been deeply ashamed of our team's performance that night in Munich.

Of course I was over the moon with the cup... but please... no more games like that!! We are f*cking Chelsea FC! We don't need to see a German team dominating us for 120 minutes... with us barely coming on their side of the pitch. Goal attemps 35 vs. 9, corner kicks 20 vs. 1(!)!!!!!

It is quickly forgotten when you win the Champions League AND (even more importantly) when you can steal a match from the germans :). But next season I want us to dominate is almost every game!!

What's there to be ashamed of?

cant believe di matteo hasn't been offered the job. it should be him next season now that JM and PG are no longer an option. I dont want to see Rafa Benitez or someone pick up from where AVB left offalso, di matteo should be kinda ruthless next season. sell anyone who is a liability (happy that it has already started) - kalou bosingwa may have been "good enough" on their best days but they have put in too many abject performances to stake a claim for a new contract. essien is a shadow of the player he once was and malouda has lost a yard of pace.

the one's who should be retained - lampard, cole and fereira - yes , the very same Paulo Fereira. he doesn't mind being 3rd or 4th choice and he does a decent job when needed and i don't think any other good club want him anyway.

sad about drogba but we cant keep relying on him season after season. we have to build a new team now because there is no drogba upfront to dump it long anymore. the ground passing and the movement should improve - should be positive, i.e - not back to the CB's . with Hazard/Hulk on the wings, the CM's will have much better options than last season.

finally, who should come in? Hazard AND Hulk? that would be brilliant imo but can we afford both of them? i dont think so. plus we have already got marin and kdb who look like real talents. one of hazard or hulk, a right back and a striker or Central mid. torres will be the main man but if he doesn't fire again next season, there has to be a back up , that way i think hulk would be better than hazard for chelsea

this generation of chelsea players will always be remembered but sadly, all things, even good ones, must come to an end.

Meh. Give me 4-1-4-1, one shot a match any day. I'd much rather have 38 1-0 wins with one shot all match and absolutely no entertainment factor at all, over losing every match 5-3 but playing great attacking football.

To be honest, defensive football is just as gripping to watch. That feeling of trepidation you get every time the opposition comes close, fearing there'll be another Iniesta shot in the works... when they surge forward time after time and they're repelled, each time looking more shaky than the last... and then you boot it upfield to Didier Drogba and watch him score. It's the stuff dreams are made of.

If we sign two players for a lot of money, e.g Hulk and Hazard, we would have to sell one of our good players.

Example? IF we were to really get both Hazard and Hulk, I don't see the need for us to sell one of our current best players. We have been crying for the lack of quality on the bench when needed and squad in depth for many seasons now. Yes, some of the players then might have less playing time a little bit than before but it gives options, it gives something different to bring on and change the game when something is not working on the pitch. Furthermore, when you consider how many games we'll be playing next season and injuries and suspensions included, it is great to have more options available for us than in previous seasons.

Meh. Give me 4-1-4-1, one shot a match any day. I'd much rather have 38 1-0 wins with one shot all match and absolutely no entertainment factor at all, over losing every match 5-3 but playing great attacking football.

To be honest, defensive football is just as gripping to watch. That feeling of trepidation you get every time the opposition comes close, fearing there'll be another Iniesta shot in the works... when they surge forward time after time and they're repelled, each time looking more shaky than the last... and then you boot it upfield to Didier Drogba and watch him score. It's the stuff dreams are made of.

Gripping to watch yess.. but also alot more stressful!! Greece played a similar style in Euro 2004 and it won them the tournament. Doubt we will plat the same type of football next season otherwise there will be a backlash from suporters, even though it does win us games

With Hulk, Hazard, possibly joining our side. I doubt we will continue to counter attack philosophy. Only reason we produced that was due to our lack of quality on the field, and for the simple fact it suited Drogba's strengths.

GK: Cech, Blackman, Turnbull

Defenders: Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Kane, Bertand, Wan Der Wiel

Defensive Midfielders: Mikel, Romeu

Defensive Playmakers: Lampard, Cabaye, Miereles

Forwards: Hulk, Marin, Hazard, Mata, Ramirez

Strikers: Sturridge, Torres.

Formation: 4-2-3-1.

Hulk: 30m

Hazard: 32m

Marin: 8m

Cabaye: 16m

Wan Der Wiel: 13m

Drogba

Kalou

Essien 12m

Malouda 8m

Bosingwa 5m

Ferriera

Hilario

Net Spent on Transfers 75m

Like Semia said, fans of Counter attacking football will be very dissapointed, as the signing of Hazard and/or Hulk will lead to a more balanced team with us being much more attacking than we have been of late.

It is quite clear that we do not want to be a counter attacking team. That is why they had brought in AVB who failed miserably as he tried to enforce his philosophy on the wrong players. We need horses for courses. Chelsea squad was built to play efficient football with strong and powerful players. to make them play sexy football is like making a dog run in a derby. But now we look to buy technically gifted players who can play the sexy one touch quick passing football.

Drogba

Kalou

Essien 12m

Malouda 8m

Bosingwa 5m

Ferriera

Hilario

Cannot see us getting Hulk now unfortunately, now we have gotten Hazard, shame because i just love that guy. But at least players like De Bruyne and Kakuta will be given a chance.

Drogba

Kalou

Essien 12m

Malouda 8m

Bosingwa 5m

Ferriera

Hilario

I think you can take Hulk out of the picture.

Edit: Damn you, Sloth!