Jose Bosingwa

People know that I support the scapegoats and do not similarly support the entitled members of our squad, respectively.

I don't know how it can be interpreted as spamming once that is taken into account. I will always rate the scapegoats above the entitled, because the entitled can swan around doing what they like and the majority of us still think the sun shines out their boots while the scapegoats get one little thing wrong and they're figures of immense hatred.

Let's keep things in perspective. John Terry is better than Bosingwa at kicking a ball around a patch of grass . Bosingwa is better at every other aspect of life; take out the fact that Terry is an excellent footballer and plays for Chelsea and you're looking at a man with no plus points whatsoever.

Both of them deserve our support on the pitch and that's what I always give footballers at this club, equal support when they're on the pitch. I can't for the life of me believe that my commitment to serious posting on this forum and my commitment to supporting Chelsea is being called into question here. So I happen to not believe that our legends are the source of everything that is good and pure in the world, and that our less talented players are responsible for AIDS, cancer, terrorism, and global warming; that might make me different to a lot of posters on this forum but so what? What's the problem? I'm not permitted to think that Terry is inferior to Bosingwa? Am I to formulate my opinion on the value of a man purely based on how good he is at football? On how deserving he is to lift a trophy or play for a club based on his ability? Or on his years of service to a club?

This is a forum and it only exists because of differing views. To attack me personally, to call into question my commitment and emotional attachment to this club, all for not seeing an issue the same way as the majority do is a callous act that I take supreme offence to.

The thing is Cap, we are on a 'Football' forum where we judge a person on their ability to play this beautiful game. We are not on a forum where we discuss the character or integrity of a person. We're not here to discuss life choices. If Bosingwa is a better person, great, but how will that help us win games and trophies? I don't think anyone was attacking your commitment and attachment but rather you're reason for not giving Terry the credit he deserves.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not attacking anyone's commitment or support to and of Chelsea, But if statements like the following are made then people will voice thier disagreement.

People know that I support the scapegoats and do not similarly support the entitled members of our squad, respectively.

What scapegoats? Who on Earth made any of the Chelsea players scapegoats? Scapegoats for what?

I will always rate the scapegoats above the entitled, because the entitled can swan around doing what they like and the majority of us still think the sun shines out their boots while the scapegoats get one little thing wrong and they're figures of immense hatred.

What you're doing is the opposite. Judging John Terry on the hate figure status that has been created around him is the opposite of the statement you just made. Jose Bosingwa is not a hate figure.....he's just wasn't one of our better players.

John Terry is better than Bosingwa at kicking a ball around a patch of grass . Bosingwa is better at every other aspect of life; take out the fact that Terry is an excellent footballer and plays for Chelsea and you're looking at a man with no plus points whatsoever.

There is no way on this Earth that you can make a statement like that without have a firm PERSONAL knoledge of the two men, it's utter bumpf. Even without a personal knowledge of the men an informed oponion would at least cite the vast amount of charity work, and I'm not using vast out of turn there it is vast, that John Terry does as registering as some kind of plus point.

So I happen to not believe that our legends are the source of everything that is good and pure in the world, and that our less talented players are responsible for AIDS, cancer, terrorism, and global warming; that might make me different to a lot of posters on this forum but so what?

What the hell is this about? Try and find a happy middle ground between these two extremes. I've trailed through this thread and nobody has said that Jose Bosingwa has been responsible for AIDS, cancer, terrorism or global warming........he does surrender possesion of the ball frequently but I'm very sure that nobody ever died because of it.

I'm not permitted to think that Terry is inferior to Bosingwa?

Of course you are my friend. But alot of people think you're wrong and they're entitled to illustrate the reasons why.

Am I to formulate my opinion on the value of a man purely based on how good he is at football?

Yes. What else are you going to judge a footballer on? His cooking? The simple reason being that none of us know either of the men and don't have the knowledge about them needed to make an informed opinion about their 'value' as people.

Peace and love Chap

I'm not attacking anyone's commitment or support to and of Chelsea, But if statements like the following are made then people will voice thier disagreement.

What scapegoats? Who on Earth made any of the Chelsea players scapegoats? Scapegoats for what?

Certain players are made into scapegoats. This becomes more obvious when the season starts to "drag along". But its irrelevant now, so lets leave it at that.

• 2 weeks later...

Glad he's finally going but he was a real tryer, loved Chelsea so much as you could see so glad he bowed out with the UCL even tho he won it before. Should go to some crappy league n relax now.

I'll forever be thankful to José for helping us win our first Champions League title and in the future I will rather remember him for that and not for the bad performances in other games. ;)

He looked like he was going to be a great signing initially. Not sure whether it was injuries, opposition finding him out or a mix of the two but he's steadily got worse in the past few years.

Regardless of what people think of Kalou and Bosingwa - They are Both Champions and good luck to them

Chelsea have paid a tribute to Bosingwa on their offical site, here are the first few paragraphs...

Jose Bosingwa, right-back in the first Chelsea team to be crowned kings of Europe, has today left the club.

The Portuguese departs Stamford Bridge having added two FA Cups and one Champions League to his medal collection following his move to west London in the summer of 2008, and heads for pastures new after coming to the end of his contract.

Signed from Porto, Bosingwa made his debut in a 4-0 win against Portsmouth on the opening day of the 2008/09 campaign. He quickly established himself as first-choice right-back in the side under Luiz Felipe Scolari whom he had played under at international level.

The rest can be read here...

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2827314,00.html

Can't fault his effort but for the most part he was never that good and the stats backed that up.

Is there any idea where he is off next, even a rumour?

Was linked with Barcelona and Juventus. Nothing concrete so far yet though.

I'll never forget this goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RuhWjscnqU

What a beauty with weaker foot. I really liked him when he arrived and played great football, but then the injuries took the best of him.

bosingwa-kicks-benayoun.gif

This was great too! :D Good luck and thanks for everything, José!