Jose Bosingwa

The clear out has well & truly begun! Class when he joined then became a massive liability. We have to thank him for his performance against Barca but now maybe we'll get to see frank & jt lift the world club trophy should we go on to win it.

you should re open the Kalou topic. I would like to know what people think about the departure of the another king we have in the squad.

No Bosingwa, no Kalou next season. Heaven help us.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this 100% confirmed? I almost started dancing when I read the Sky headline but the club hasn't confirmed it yet so I don't want to celebrate prematurely.

He's a really, really, really awful right-back. He doesn't even get forward that well. He has loads of pace but he either ends up giving the ball away due to his stupidity or puts in a dreadful cross. It's really curious why he does so well when playing at CB or even LB. Perhaps it's a concentration issue. Anyway, great in his first season, wank since then. Did well in the CL games this season, fair play. His trophy hogging is really annoying though.

Can't believe he has 2 Champions League winners medals :o

Is this 100% confirmed? I almost started dancing when I read the Sky headline but the club hasn't confirmed it yet so I don't want to celebrate prematurely.

He's a really, really, really awful right-back. He doesn't even get forward that well. He has loads of pace but he either ends up giving the ball away due to his stupidity or puts in a dreadful cross. It's really curious why he does so well when playing at CB or even LB. Perhaps it's a concentration issue. Anyway, great in his first season, wank since then. Did well in the CL games this season, fair play. His trophy hogging is really annoying though.

Can't believe he has 2 Champions League winners medals :o

You're back! Just only a couple hours ago I was asking where are you! :lol:

He is a con of a right back, a hoax by his previous coaches. His best performances came at CB and LB. He plays the wrong position.

With Bosi and Paulo(?) gone, we'll jump the market for an established right back. Can't have a fish backing up Big Bran.

Ramires :D

You're back! Just only a couple hours ago I was asking where are you! :lol:

Was holidaying in Australia! Just got back home three hours ago. Immediately switched on the computer and started downloading all the Champions League final footage :lol:

Was holidaying in Australia! Just got back home three hours ago.

Yup. Jaimin mentioned that and I went to your Twitter to check earlier too. :P

Immediately switched on the computer and started downloading all the Champions League final footage :lol:

You sure have missed all the drama and action. :lol:

You sure have missed all the drama and action. :lol:

Tell me about it! It was excruciating to not be able to log onto TC after the game. Had no internet access at all. Only managed to catch some headlines (Drogba's decision to leave) from the Aussie Sky News who unfortunately don't really care about football and spend about 2 minutes every day covering it :lol:

Tell me about it! It was excruciating to not be able to log onto TC after the game. Had no internet access at all. Only managed to catch some headlines (Drogba's decision to leave) from the Aussie Sky News who unfortunately don't really care about football and spend about 2 minutes every day covering it :lol:

Moral of the story - Do not go for a holiday when there is a major cup final with Chelsea in it. :P

Moral of the story - Do not go for a holiday when there is a major cup final with Chelsea in it. :P

haha we confirmed the dates way back in February - I think right after the Napoli away defeat. Wouldn't even have dreamed at that time that we would reach the final!

I'm slowly making my way through the post-match thread atm :P

haha we confirmed the dates way back in February - I think right after the Napoli away defeat. Wouldn't even have dreamed at that time that we would reach the final!

I'm slowly making my way through the post-match thread atm :P

:lol: True. Nonetheless, enjoy it.

He never reached the potential that his first games for the club promised.

However rather than my memories of him being a terrible defender on the whole, i would rather remember him for two stellar performances in the biggest rearguard efforts the club has ever managed culminating in the european cup.

Danny Simpson is garbage, i can't believe some people even consider him.

He can go forward but he cannot defend, i would rather of kept Bosingwa, i'm being serious.

If Bosingwa was playing for Newcastle i bet he would of stood out just like Simpson, infact Simpson was the weak link in the back 4 actually. But he did clear the ball off the line about 7 times last season.

Bosingwa is Chelsea's 3rd biggest/better tackler

61 in 27 games, 2.3 per game ; just behind Cole (80 in 32 games) and Ramires (83 in 30 games)

He's the 2nd best interceptor with 65 in 27 games (2.4 per game), just behind Luiz and his 56 in 20 games (2.8/game)

If you compare him with other Premier League left backs, you see that he's the one with the best couple of interceptions+tackles total

He's been dribbled only 13 times by opponents, faaar behind Romeu (1st with 27 in 16 games), Meireles, Ferreira, Cole, Mata, Essien, Luiz, Terry, Ramires and Mikel

Maybe some could see he's not that bad at the end of the day and that he's even managed a quite good good season overall.

Any chance you can come up with similar figures for Kalou? :)