Jose Bosingwa

Bosingwa is Chelsea's 3rd biggest/better tackler

61 in 27 games, 2.3 per game ; just behind Cole (80 in 32 games) and Ramires (83 in 30 games)

He's the 2nd best interceptor with 65 in 27 games (2.4 per game), just behind Luiz and his 56 in 20 games (2.8/game)

If you compare him with other Premier League left backs, you see that he's the one with the best couple of interceptions+tackles total

He's been dribbled only 13 times by opponents, faaar behind Romeu (1st with 27 in 16 games), Meireles, Ferreira, Cole, Mata, Essien, Luiz, Terry, Ramires and Mikel

Maybe some could see he's not that bad at the end of the day and that he's even managed a quite good good season overall.

Indeed. I've always said that he is alright to have around as a 2nd or 3rd choice RB. He is nothing amazing but he is decent. He is difficult to beat in 1 on 1, but lots of times he wouldn't close down an opponent making a run and a through ball would start it all or his work rate wasn't as high as it should be for a defender. I remember a couple of times when the opposition player was in a really dangerous position and Bosingwa was jogging around like it was our player.

Eh...there always has to be someone around who is guilty for everything and Jose really did receive some unfair criticism but he also did receive lots of criticism that was right.

Whatever, his time here is over.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, his overall in PES is 87 if I remember well.

Waaay to much for him.

Im not saying he's a bad player, but I'm saying he's not what Chelsea needs. He's not the Chelsea-player-type if you ask me.

Despite playing well and fairly disciplined in the Champs League final, watch after Robben misses the penalty. Cech kicks the ball out and Bayern break again immmediately after. Robben on the right cuts inside and tries to shoot from 25 yards out with Lampard and Cole closing him down.

Watch Bosingwa...he runs from right back to try and close down Robben, and in doing so leaves TWO Bayern players at the back post through on goal. If Robben had looked up either would have been through on goal.

That sums up Bosingwa as a defender, and unfortuntely that has always been his undoing, a lack of positional awareness/discipline and concentration.

Not wanting to be too disrespectful to Bosingwa here because he has played his part in our recent success but is it really worth discussing about his defensive deficiencies anymore now that he has been released?!

I remember when we first signed Boss, it was a very good signing at the time and he was playing some very good football for us. Even defended quite well! Then he got his serious knee injury and he never was the same. It's so hard to come back from a knee injury, I have been there myself and I still fight the pain everyday.

• 2 weeks later...

he fucked up our photo op on the trophy lift in Munich will always hate him for that and i never liked him or rated him as a player would rather my nan play at RB

Better him than England's Brave John "I knee opponents when I like" Terry lifting the trophy. He shouldn't have even been permitted to climb those steps; in the past, he wouldn't have been. Bosingwa didn't act the cunt in Barcelona and jeopardise our chances of even getting to Munich.

Hating a man who did more to win our first European Cup, and daring to celebrate that by lifting the trophy during the main photo op; instead of a disgraced captain who is hated by virtually every non-Chelsea fan lifting it (for good reason) is very unfair on Bosingwa.

Bosingwa wasn't the only one, Meireles, Lampard and Ivanovic all used the trophy to blot out John Terry, are you going to hate them as well? At least the captain, the one deserving to lift the trophy, Lampard was fully visible; and he had the decency to allow others to lift it unlike most captains who take it up by themselves.

cb9f7feb1cae885170c81397ccd75a99.png

If the roles had been reversed, if it was Bosingwa who got himself sent off in a rush of blood in Barcelona we'd all be screaming murder instantly. If he then had the audacity to come up the stairs and take part in the celebrations we'd wish death upon him and his family. Enough of the double standards, just because he's English and happens to be one of Chelsea's greatest ever defenders, it does not absolve him of that terrible decision he made.

Better him than England's Brave John "I knee opponents when I like" Terry lifting the trophy. He shouldn't have even been permitted to climb those steps; in the past, he wouldn't have been. Bosingwa didn't act the cunt in Barcelona and jeopardise our chances of even getting to Munich.

Hating a man who did more to win our first European Cup, and daring to celebrate that by lifting the trophy during the main photo op; instead of a disgraced captain who is hated by virtually every non-Chelsea fan lifting it (for good reason) is very unfair on Bosingwa.

Bosingwa wasn't the only one, Meireles, Lampard and Ivanovic all used the trophy to blot out John Terry, are you going to hate them as well? At least the captain, the one deserving to lift the trophy, Lampard was fully visible; and he had the decency to allow others to lift it unlike most captains who take it up by themselves.

cb9f7feb1cae885170c81397ccd75a99.png

If the roles had been reversed, if it was Bosingwa who got himself sent off in a rush of blood in Barcelona we'd all be screaming murder instantly. If he then had the audacity to come up the stairs and take part in the celebrations we'd wish death upon him and his family. Enough of the double standards, just because he's English and happens to be one of Chelsea's greatest ever defenders, it does not absolve him of that terrible decision he made.

dont care tbh at the end of the day Terry was there and the photo op should have been him and lamps with DD and Cech next to them, that pic ^^^ is the biggest joke of a pic ever

I'd argue against that. Lifting that trophy has taken more than 10 years to achieve and was played on many more pitches than the just the Allianz's. John Terry's played a massive part in that. I'd even go as far to say that John Terry has played a much greater part in Jose Bosingwa's winners medal collection with Chelsea than Bosingwa ever did.

Terry is a twat though

CAPTAIN, LEADER, LEGEND

He could have done what he liked in the 10 years preceding but the point is because of his idiocy we could have missed out on Munich, and he steams out and acts as though he was fully deserving of a spot in that photo. Good to see Bosingwa, Meireles and Lampard were having none of it by deliberately shutting him out. UEFA had it right before by not permitting banned players to take part in the major celebration when the team is first handed the trophy.

And perhaps they let Bosingwa lift it. It's not as though he knocked it out of their hands, gave Terry an uppercut to ensure he wouldn't be in the picture and stole the trophy. They let him hold it. He walked over and Lampard gave it to him. Have you considered that no one likes Terry and that Bosingwa is a favourite within the dressing room? That's a possibility.

The bottom line is that the players were happy to let Bosingwa hog the limelight, not just happy, they encouraged him. He was a decent player for us and deserves more than to be hated for something as simple as being permitted to lift a trophy.