Jose Bosingwa

To be honest, can't believe people are arguing/debating over such trivial matters. As some have said, Terry may have been stupid for that red card against Barcelona but it still doesn't change the fact that he played his part in our run to the Champions League final. You can tell that he felt guilty about what happened at the Camp Nou after the final where he looked pretty reserved in the celebrations and post-match interviews. We win as a team. We lose as a team.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I read the story "Bosingwa offered to Barcelona" I almost spit out my tea.

Though thinking about it, it does make sense in all honesty. He's a poor man's Alves (A really poor man's). Dani's not the most defensively abled in the world, and he doesn't need to be. Puyol & Pique & Mascherano & Sergio pick up the slack. That's why Pep shifts Avles to the wing more often than not. Bosingwa is the same, the burden of his (lack of) defensive responsibilities is something Barca will be used to and not have a problem with.

I'd kind of be happy for him at Barca. Cause we'd be rid of him and he'd still be getting top level football.

Was having the thought of maybe Barcelona are eyeing him to play at CB. ;)

Cap, I don't think Bosingwa and others intentionally blocked out Terry. If you look at the trophy lifting again, then you can see that it was really crowded and tight there. Lamps and Terry came last, meaning they were stuck behind in the crowd. Right before the lifting you can see Kalou and Bosingwa trying to make room for them, but as soon as the trophy was lifted that gap closes again because of frantic celebrations, only Lampard managed to get a foot in there. There was no plot to erase Terry's presence, it was just bad organization for the lifting.

Cap, I don't think Bosingwa and others intentionally blocked out Terry. If you look at the trophy lifting again, then you can see that it was really crowded and tight there. Lamps and Terry came last, meaning they were stuck behind in the crowd. Right before the lifting you can see Kalou and Bosingwa trying to make room for them, but as soon as the trophy was lifted that gap closes again because of frantic celebrations, only Lampard managed to get a foot in there. There was no plot to erase Terry's presence, it was just bad organization for the lifting.

Exactly. No need to read into it too much. Everyone wanted to be at the front. Bosingwa was first as usual - first up to collect his medal, then stood directly in front of the trophy and didn't leave that spot.

I can't get on hi back about that. The whole way up to collect the trophy he was like a child going to see Santa. He couldn't keep his excitement inside him and I like that in a person.

Fair enough...but he was the worst player/weakest link out of all the Chelsea players that participated in the UCL final...and he ruined the trophy ceremony. Glad he's gone from the club.

Must admit i was pissed off with the trophy lifting too, Wanted a clear picture of JT and Lamps lifting it together like they have so much in the FA Cup, shame really as this was the biggy.

Yeah, the photo-op was really fucked up by allowing so many people to stand to the left of and directly in front of JT & Lamps. But at the end of the day I really don't give a damn. Bosingwa deserves to be up there as much as anyone - he was one of the 13 heroes at the Nou Camp and I'd rather remember him for that than his 999 brainless moments. Definitely thankful he's gone though obviously

Regardless of whether Bosingwa ruined that picture or not, still won't change the fact that we are the 'Champions of Europe'. Couldn't care less who stands in the middle, side, behind, in front etc in that trophy presentation.

Regardless of whether Bosingwa ruined that picture or not, still won't change the fact that we are the 'Champions of Europe'. Couldn't care less who stands in the middle, side, behind, in front etc in that trophy presentation.

Ringa ding ding. As I said earlier it's Better for Bosingwa to hog the trophy than Ribéry or Robben.

People know that I support the scapegoats and do not similarly support the entitled members of our squad, respectively.

I don't know how it can be interpreted as spamming once that is taken into account. I will always rate the scapegoats above the entitled, because the entitled can swan around doing what they like and the majority of us still think the sun shines out their boots while the scapegoats get one little thing wrong and they're figures of immense hatred.

Let's keep things in perspective. John Terry is better than Bosingwa at kicking a ball around a patch of grass . Bosingwa is better at every other aspect of life; take out the fact that Terry is an excellent footballer and plays for Chelsea and you're looking at a man with no plus points whatsoever.

Both of them deserve our support on the pitch and that's what I always give footballers at this club, equal support when they're on the pitch. I can't for the life of me believe that my commitment to serious posting on this forum and my commitment to supporting Chelsea is being called into question here. So I happen to not believe that our legends are the source of everything that is good and pure in the world, and that our less talented players are responsible for AIDS, cancer, terrorism, and global warming; that might make me different to a lot of posters on this forum but so what? What's the problem? I'm not permitted to think that Terry is inferior to Bosingwa? Am I to formulate my opinion on the value of a man purely based on how good he is at football? On how deserving he is to lift a trophy or play for a club based on his ability? Or on his years of service to a club?

This is a forum and it only exists because of differing views. To attack me personally, to call into question my commitment and emotional attachment to this club, all for not seeing an issue the same way as the majority do is a callous act that I take supreme offence to.