• Mikel
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Kalou
    • Sturridge
    • Sub - Malouda
    • Sub - Essien
    • Sub - Luiz

Theres something wrong with Sturridges attitude. He is unhappy he isnt being played as a striker. Fair enough. At the end of the day you are being played as a winger, get on with it. Instead he tries to worm his way into the box and then takes shots from ridiculous angles. I hope we buy a winger this year so he can fuck right off.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop talking shit about Sturridge. Yeah he can be somewhat selfish sometimes. So what? He scores, he's technical, he gets into the box and behind the oppositions defenders and is very dangerous. He's still young and he's very hungry. It's only natural that he's abit selfish considering that he's naturally a CF and not a winger.

Stop talking shit about Sturridge. Yeah he can be somewhat selfish sometimes. So what? He scores, he's technical, he gets into the box and behind the oppositions defenders and is very dangerous. He's still young and he's very hungry. It's only natural that he's abit selfish considering that he's naturally a CF and not a winger.

No its not natural. Far from it. Being hungry is one thing, Sturridge is another. Numerous occasions throughout the season he chose to shoot rather than pass which would lead to a simple tap in. And why cant I express the way I feel about something? Is it illegal now?

I think people are being abit harsh on sturridge, i have said that torres should get the start over sturridge mid week and he was extremly selfish today, on one hand i can defend him and say he is trying to impress pop up with the goals to get a shot up top as in his opionion he is a striker, then on the other hand he should be told where we are at the moment its not about one person its about the whole team, the club the fans for a massive push for two months. the boy is young and wants to be up top and there is nothing wrong with his desire what so ever and in time i do think he will be our number 1 striker at the moment he needs to perfect his game, two footed striker and mature THEN take the next step, but hear we have a young lad with a very bright future get behind him and support him, up the chels CAREFREE

Superb from Torres today, really happy for him. He has worked his bollocks off for weeks now, and his all round general play has been generally excellent until he gets into the opponents penalty area, but today everything was exceptional. If he's now firing, and Drogba continues to play with the hunger he showed against Napoli we will be difficult for any team to stop this build up of momentum!

To wade in on the Sturridge debate, he is a really promising player, but the selfish streak does need checking a little. I sometimes wonder if he fears for his place in the team and the only way to almost guarantee that is to score goals. What Sturridge needs to learn though is that the term 'end product' doesn't just mean a shot on target or goal. 10 goals and 10 assists is better for the club than 15 goals and 0 assists.

Good win for Chelsea today. Happy for Torres hopes the flame has been re-kindled, we need to find a blend between him and Drogs. My major point for the day Is Danny Studge, I think the mentality of youth is still bothering him thats why he still believes in playing to the gallery and losing out on the objective of winning as a team. His attempts at trying to show skills (which virtually every professional palyer possesses at least 75% of) cost the team numerous potential goal scoring opportunities. If I were the team selector and I have to chose Sturridge, I will chose him but as a consequence of his youthful/"going for personal glory' I will put him on the left attacking wing position soafter all his dazzling skills on the left flank he will have no option than to pass to his team-mate to finish off. At least so far it is obvious that his prefered leg is the left and he will not be able to easily score from the left flank after driving in towards the opponents goal post thereby forcing him to pass. No doubts he has the potentials that if nurtured properly he can be great but he still needs to learn TEAM WORK. Sorry studge: not intending to run you down rather trying to make the best Studge out of you.

Good win for Chelsea today. Happy for Torres hopes the flame has been re-kindled, we need to find a blend between him and Drogs. My major point for the day Is Danny Studge, I think the mentality of youth is still bothering him thats why he still believes in playing to the gallery and losing out on the objective of winning as a team. His attempts at trying to show skills (which virtually every professional palyer possesses at least 75% of) cost the team numerous potential goal scoring opportunities. If I were the team selector and I have to chose Sturridge, I will chose him but as a consequence of his youthful/"going for personal glory' I will put him on the left attacking wing position soafter all his dazzling skills on the left flank he will have no option than to pass to his team-mate to finish off. At least so far it is obvious that his prefered leg is the left and he will not be able to easily score from the left flank after driving in towards the opponents goal post thereby forcing him to pass. No doubts he has the potentials that if nurtured properly he can be great but he still needs to learn TEAM WORK. Sorry studge: not intending to run you down rather trying to make the best Studge out of you.

He wouldn't be half the threat on the left, and for Chelsea he offers one of our very real threats in the team with his pace and ability/confidence to run at defenders. He just has to learn when to pass and when to shoot, because unfortunately if he continues playing like he did today fans will probably start to turn on him.

I know he has always had a selfish streak in him but I never noticed it quite so bad at the beginning of the season. Maybe he is trying too hard now that the goals seem to have dried up for him.

No its not natural. Far from it. Being hungry is one thing, Sturridge is another. Numerous occasions throughout the season he chose to shoot rather than pass which would lead to a simple tap in. And why cant I express the way I feel about something? Is it illegal now?

Because people critisize Sturridge more than Torres. And looking at the statistics, experince and pay-check it's stuipid.

The thing is, he's not just "a bit" selfish :D

Oh come on. He scores. That's good enough for me. Sure he could pass the ball some more, but then again that's not what he does best. Sturridge needs to play as CF or in a striker-companionship and not out on the wing.

Oh come on. He scores. That's good enough for me. Sure he could pass the ball some more, but then again that's not what he does best. Sturridge needs to play as CF or in a striker-companionship and not out on the wing.

I understand what he brings to the team - he's a very good player, he gives us a genuine threat out wide with his pace and trickery, and he scores goalssss!

Now if he can just learn to pass to open teammates instead of shooting 99% of the time, don't you agree he will be an even better player?

I like Sturridge, he has the ability and the confidence to pull of all the runs and manoeuvres he tries in the box. That said, the real trick is knowing when it's the right time to go on your own or when to dispatch the ball to somebody else. He's a few good passes away from becoming a brilliant all-rounder. But there are games like today when his greed really winds me up.

Since when has it been about Sturridge only, this is Chelsea and this is football and more importantly it is a team game. Yes he is good at scoring goals, yes he has to be playing up front and not in the wings but the coaches/managers think he can do a better role in the wings right now. I m sure he would get this chance up front but right now he is playing and that is so very important for him to keep up the momentum which he generated at Bolton last season. But that doesnt mean that u dont play as a team, his goals are an advantage but if he unselfishly crosses the ball Chelsea would get more goals which could win us more matches.

Other thing, the reason everyone is critizing him more than one else is because he is still 22 and can learn. I m sure everyone wants him to learn so that when he takes over mantle of the striker, he is not only scoring goals but also assisting and tracking back basically an all round player which is needed in modern day football. I hope he learns so that he can be among the best because he does have that potential.

To be fair,Torres was very lucky to score those two goals.The keeper wasn't in good form and if he had been,I am sure he would have saved at least one or maybe even both of them.After he got the first goal,Torres was like a completely new player.His dribbling and passing was much better and you could see that spark of confidence in him,which IMO is a damn good sign.He can be a real effective winger for us and maybe could be compatible with Drogba on the pitch.Against Napoli,we saw the two play quite well.

It will be very unfair,if RDM picks Torres over Drogba as the lone center forward.Drogba has been really consistent for us and I don't think it will be a good idea keeping him on the bench.Drogba has the ability to score from free kicks and his strength is another positive.We play 3 crucial games in the next 9 days,lets see how our players are going to cope with it and if fatigue is an issue for Drogba then it will be good to know that we have a reliable alternative.

Pleased with the win and happy for Torres. Deserves his goals for his recent efforts. All he needs to do now is be consistent and do it against better oppositions!

On the other hand, I wasn't too pleased with the defending. I know it was a much changed lineup but it was no excuse to be given a run around by Leicester so much whenever they attack. The real annoying thing for me was allowing them to shoot from distance. We did that against Napoli on a couple of occasions and ultimately got away with it and it was the same here. They scored 2 goals because we didn't close them down well enough. Need to sort this out. Otherwise, we could pay the price for this on another day!