• Mikel
    • Mata
    • Torres
    • Kalou
    • Sturridge
    • Sub - Malouda
    • Sub - Essien
    • Sub - Luiz

what formation did we play against Napoli? 4231 or 433?

It was the 4-2-3-1.

So Lampard and Mata can assume their position. The only one that will change is Sturridge for Torres, giving that Sturridge was also not a big deal against Napoli.

Chelsea is on a high, Drogba and Torres is scoring, is time to play them together. We all dreamed for a deadly combination like this, now is time to make the other teams wet their pants!

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has to get ahead of Sturridge.

At this moment Sturridge offers very little that Torres can offer.

Sorry but can't bench Lampard for that game.

Malouda for Lampard, thus Lampard goes to the place he had against Napoli.

Only good change is Torres for Sturridge.

Sturridge should now become a super sub!

I know i forgot about Lampard, but i wouldn't swap for Malouda, where as i think we need Malouda's work rate in this match, but i could be wrong.

Cech

Ivanovic-Luiz-Terry-Cole

Lampard-Essien

Ramires-Mata-Torres/Malouda

Drogba

Can't really decide, it's a gamble with Torres and Malouda, but then again with Ramires adding extra and more than Torres in my other formation, it might be a safe balanced bet with Torres playing instead of Malouda.

Sturridge just needs to cross from the wide instead of trying to score everytime. Other than that, dude has world class feet. He was toying with em. Tbf, he is a striker being forced to play out wide, so his natural instinct is always to score. He'll learn soon.

I agree he is a striker, but theres no excuse, he has to know this is a team game, a lot of strikers aren't that selfish, they pass the ball rather than just going for the shot all the time.

City will be up for this game like no other, because if we make them drop points, we've pretty much handed the title over to United, though there is plenty of games left. Can see City giving this there best of the season yet, because they have to stay in the title race.

Can't complain about that performance, thoroughly professional job. Started off positively, got the goals and then took a foot off the pedal, understandably so. 'Controlled emotional flow' as AVB would have put it, happy to step up a gear when needed. They were always going to have the odd chance with our makeshift defence, but Terry and Luiz's reinstatement at City will settle things.

RDM played his cards well I thought, the starting lineup bore enough quality and balance to get the needed result and he was sensible with the subs too, Mata in particular needed the rest. Sloppy finishing aside the scoreline could have been even more embarrassing for Leicester. Torres put in a good shift and I was delighted with and for him, he got his just desserts today. All in all, job done, Wembley awaits.

Let's not forget this was Leicester and their defending was dreadful. Torres showing the confidence of his Liverpool days though. Rather than the goals (which were average), his dribbling was SUPERB. BUT he must keep this up. He can't let himself get lost again or it'll all be for nothing.

Also schmeicel (sp) is a JOKE of a goalkeeper. How is he even playing at that level. He's shit even for Sunday league. Wow! All the goals were his mistake. One of the most shambolic displays by a goalie that I've seen in recent memory.

Good job Torres, keep it up.

Sturridge was selfish but the hate is a bit excessive IMO. I was criticizing him a lot in his player profile and there were 2 or 3 moments today when it was 2-0 that he made mistakes by not passing, but he doesn't deserve this much hate.

Malouda with a good display off the bench. Glad mata got rested. This is how you rest players. Not put them on the bench like what happened against stoke last week and have to bring them on when things aren't going our way. Play them, get a cushioned lead, and take them off.

Bertrand with another solid display. Got forward better than previous games but caught out a couple of times in the 2nd half. But a good display. Well done lad.

I don't like how Leicester controlled the game after the 2nd half started. Nugent was troubling Bosingwa way too much.

I know we won, but it was Leicester for crying out loud and defensively still shambolic at times. No idea why when Iva, Cahill and Luiz are solid defenders. We seem to have a 10-15minute period in every game where it's like our players forgot the word "defend".

Anyway good win, great to be in the semis. Let's work hard for City.

I agree he is a striker, but theres no excuse, he has to know this is a team game, a lot of strikers aren't that selfish, they pass the ball rather than just going for the shot all the time.

I agree. But I also think he's young so he's at that stage where he wants to show off and score goals. In due time, he'll mature.

I would not mind if Sturridge was a striker like Kevin Phillips who sits around the box and just waits for a chance to come for him to pounce on it. But he wants the ball at his feet and to work with it, but it means you have to know when to pass it and not try stupid tricks and skills all the time in a desperate attempt to score the impossible goal.