Axel Witsel

Nic!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Witsel a true DM type (Bulldog/Destroyer) or more of a Modric type?

No he is neither of that. He has lot of power and stamina, but his natural position is not DM. More CM or RM/LM. He is not bulldog, but he will track the ball all over the midfield. Balanced between attack and defence and also good tackler (has improved greatly in last season). I imagine him something like Fellaini eventualy, but maybe even better. Sure he has better control over the mall, also good in jumping, but maybe not as dominant as Fellaini, but still enough. Much better than most of our midielders. He can go forward, or just stays on position and track the ball, stoping opponent to make counter attack. Definately, he could also play as RM/W (right midfield/winger), but is much better at some free role in midfield -best to describe him is box2box midfielder, similar to Rambo, but higher, better at ball control, technicaly gifted, jumping, defending, tracking, dribbling, shooting. Also more consistant and did fantastic in his first benfica season (also in CL), where he proved that he works even better with better players around and adopts to new teams quickly.

His price is 31mio pound, but he might leave for about 25. Is there any slightest chance, we could afford that or is it impossible? I highly doubt he will join us anyway, but would be very important signing for the team for sure.

His price is 31mio pound, but he might leave for about 25. Is there any slightest chance, we could afford that or is it impossible? I highly doubt he will join us anyway, but would be very important signing for the team for sure.

As much as I would love for us to open the cheque book and bring Witsel here.... I think you can count your chickens and say this egg won't be in the basket come the end of this current transfer window.

A portuguese newspaper 'Record' is claiming that Benfica is going to sell at least two top players to get out of financial problems before the end of next week. Three names has been called, Cardozo, Witsel and Javi Garcia of possible sales...

Anyone knows something about this? Or is it just BS?

The Primeria Liga won't have done themselves any favours by potentially selling two (or three) of the highest regarded players in the league in Javi Garcia, Hulk and Axel Witsel. However, from a Chelsea perspective, Axel would be a fine addition to our squad in terms of fitting in alongside Mikel as our two holding midfield players - I'm sure the core of Belgium players in the Chelsea squad would attract him to the club.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You