Axel Witsel

Nic!

I honestly dont think the Russians will let him go for less than what they paid ...

Doubt it too and he's not worth anything near that. He's probably around a 20-25M Euro sort of player but he's also probably on massive wages. Zenit is actually worse this year with Hulk and Witsel than they were last season.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt it too and he's not worth anything near that. He's probably around a 20-25M Euro sort of player but he's also probably on massive wages. Zenit is actually worse this year with Hulk and Witsel than they were last season.

Somehow I think there's a lack of motivation, seeing as their own fans think they're monkeys.

Benfica -> Zenith, idiotic move. Weird thing is I don't see Witsel as a player who does it for the money, on the contrary really. Don't know what he was thinking.

Very, very underrated too. Would have him in my team over Fellaini any day.

Somehow I think there's a lack of motivation, seeing as their own fans think they're monkeys.

Benfica -> Zenith, idiotic move. Weird thing is I don't see Witsel as a player who does it for the money, on the contrary really. Don't know what he was thinking.

Same for me, he is the best asset in the national team with Kompany

I don't know how you can call one of the most expensive midfielders of all time wit h almost no experience playing top competition, underrated. I'd prefer him to Fellaini as well because he's a much better fit for our squad. I think he's a good player, but he's simply not worth anything near what he cost. Hulk wasn't worth what he cost and he was back to back player of the year in Portugal.

I don't know how you can call one of the most expensive midfielders of all time wit h almost no experience playing top competition, underrated. I'd prefer him to Fellaini as well because he's a much better fit for our squad. I think he's a good player, but he's simply not worth anything near what he cost. Hulk wasn't worth what he cost and he was back to back player of the year in Portugal.

Just because a Russian club throws a stupid amount of Roebels at a player doesn't make him rated. Zenit ain't top; neither is the Russian competition.

I feel he's underrated because of what I read and hear. Most people seem to know his name but haven't seen him play often. Oh and they know he broke someone's leg a few years back. :)

Just because a Russian club throws a stupid amount of Roebels at a player doesn't make him rated. Zenit ain't top; neither is the Russian competition.

I feel he's underrated because of what I read and hear. Most people seem to know his name but haven't seen him play often. Oh and they know he broke someone's leg a few years back. :)

It don't understand...so, because people know his name who haven't seen him play, he's underrated? That's, to me, a hallmark of being overrated. Underrated is the opposite, when people see someone play and don't appreciate their quality or people have never seen or heard of a quality player. Witsel has never played a game in a top-5 league. He's played one and half seasons in top-10 leagues. Benfica has been better without him and Zenit has been worse with him. He's a talented young player with promise whose stock is moving lower because of his move to Russia. Would I take him at Chelsea? Gladly. Would I want them to pay big money for him? Not a chance.

He is very much all we need in midfield and still play Mikel along him. But his price is around 35mio and Zenit has no need to sell, unless we pay full 40mio for him and Witsel forces zenit in sale. Therefore he is unavailable...

Witsel has proven himself allready tho... at CL/EL/national team level if portugal is not good enough.

Anyways to prove my point:

Standard vs Liverpool CL qualification, 2008 when liverpool was a great side (They lost quarterfinal vs chelsea :dance: ), and well yeh you know the coach (Benitez), was a draw and standard missed a penalty + were very unlucky. Witsel was 19, defour(plays at porto now, but injuryphrone sadly enough) 20, fellaini (no need for an introduction) 21.

The Standard liege midfield back then, if they wouldve sticked together what wouldve been impossible for a belgian team, would be be one of the best midfields by now.

Then they kicked out everton in the following EL qualification matches (here at home, sclessin has great atmosphere :)) , after that Everton bought fellaini <_<

=> Big games for an 18 year old midfielder i would say... (sorry for the quality of the footage)

Btw benfica had a great CL campaign last season dont rly get how they are doing better this year, just watch any of those games, high chance he made a difference. (vs Manu for example)

(And still think CL is highest level possible?)

Also + 30 caps for our national team, which aint a crappy side either with loads of competition.

Edit: And thats the nice thing about Witsel and what we currently lack (without the likes of Lampard/Terry), he thrives on big games, dont think i have ever seen him playing a bad game when it counts.

Hes such a complete midfielder he could play in any league / team, wouldve been more sure about him doing great in premier league than any other belgian player (including hazard).

• 3 months later...

Well, belgian media again reporting Witsel has siad he is tired of the life in Russia and wants a move. PSG appear to be closing in.

Where the fuck are we waiting for. Ideal midfield players - our solution for a 6.

*drool action over*

Courtois, Witsel, Hazard, De Bruyne & Lukaku in the same club team one day? Yes please :wub: We should make our away kit whatever the Belgium away kit is at that time only with our Chelsea badge on it :ph34r:

I think if we signed him (I actually think we may well do considering Jose is a fan and we need to add to that area etc. unless we get Van Ginkel and then just leave central midfield) it'd be best to adopt Arsenal's sort of 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 or whatever it is they use. I don't think Witsel is disciplined enough to play a proper deep role (which would also limit some of his qualities), but is perfectly capable at a more normal centre role in a pair. He could sit where Wilshere sits at Arsenal, have a player who stays back a bit more beside him where Arteta sits (Mikel? De Rossi?) with Mata then playing just in front of them.

Put De Bruyne on the right, Hazard on the left, then The Fridge up top. Lovely :wub:

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You