Axel Witsel

Nic!

It's overtaken the the French and Portuguese leagues because of the recent influx of money. There are toooooo many rich Russians. I'd certainly choose France or Portugal or even Holland ahead of Russia if i was offered the same money from each place. The money in football is annoying. EVERY player should target Spain or England if they want to play at the top level.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Witsel looked like great guy, but the decision to go in Zenit was his own too. Damn.

Fuck you Zenit, why him?! He looked like perfect player to join along Mikel at some point in near future here. Belgium lost great prospect. Dont get me wrong, he can be very good, but not world class; at least not in russian league.

If we planed to sell Meireles and Essien before 31.aug, we should spent those 30mio on this guy, no doubt.

So maybe both of them were convinced to go, because Zenit in the bigger picture have plans of some serious project (via PSG, City...even us back in the days). For every player it sounds good to start revolution in new club. Maybe it was that edge from Zenit to sign them both.

My first tough about players who started revolution was Robinho in City...but well it isn't some fortune example...

It's overtaken the the French and Portuguese leagues because of the recent influx of money. There are toooooo many rich Russians. I'd certainly choose France or Portugal or even Holland ahead of Russia if i was offered the same money from each place. The money in football is annoying. EVERY player should target Spain or England if they want to play at the top level.

This sounds.....

For me, it's just more competition in the CL, which I like.

Now I can't wait to see what this team does in the CL as well PSG.

To be honest the Russian league is way above the French one at the moment. PSG are spending big and buying all the fancy players, but what else is there really? In Russia they have a lot of good teams and a bunch of big spending clubs (Anzhi, Zenit) who can attract most top class players these days, or at least the ones whose level are just below the likes of Barca, Real and the big English clubs. The league is very competitive and they can even play in Europe while also earning a shitload of money. What's wrong with that?

Personally I probably wouldn't want to move to Russia and there sure are a lot of downsides to the country too (racism, shit weather etc.) but if they're okay with that, then it's their choice to make.

I think the rabid racism will stop many players going there

Are you aware that on your signature there are 3 socks with the same color as Man City's jersey?

I can tell you that the first thing I thought of when I looked at the picture is those must be City players.

Clearly you don't have a good eye then, the image in my sig is that of a Champions League game, hence the CL patch on Essien's sleeve. We have never competed against City in Europe. The colour itself is fine, Napoli, Lazio, Argentina etc are all famous for it. Advertising an actual 'emblem' however, is entirely different.

Think it's Marseille, could be wrong :P

They have a very good team now Zenit, they could be a real force. They have Milan, Malaga and Anderlecht and i'd expect them qualify and maybe even to win the group. Wouldn't wanna face them tbh. Strong team. Also have Kerzhakov and Danny and Alves at the back. Dangerous.

Another one going to that shit league. Anyone who chooses the Turkish or Russian leagues over the English, Spanish, German or French leagues show a lack of class and ambition. Money, money, money.

There is still a Man City badge on that seat Jose is sitting in. :ph34r:

Not like he chose. None of the English, Spanish or German clubs actually came for him. It was a good offer and it looks like Zenit are building a decent team, so why not?

When you take a step down in your career, it's hard to ever get back to somewhere near the top. Going to Russia will mean less exposure for him. He is young too so this move makes even less sense. Shame he has shown a lack of belief and ambition and caved in for money. I guess he can still showcase his talent in the Champions League and with the Belgian national side (Should he even get picked anymore). So those two things keep his chances of playing for a big club still alive, barely. For the meanwhile though, that's another option gone for us. Fellaini jumps to the top of the list. With M'Vila/Tiote/Moutinho close behind.

LOL at the overreaction in this thread.

Acting like money isn't a big deal. Then acting as if he didn't go to a decent team. Hes in the champions league, and he'll be playing high quality football, while getting paid more for it.

what a shame we missed out on him. Zenit 80mil on two players, great job if they want to sell tickets bring that luster to their club, cant blame them. and we are in no position to talk about players being greedy, none whatsoever.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You