Axel Witsel

Nic!

Tbh, i wouldn't see him as a B2B signing. But a replacement for Mikel and Matic. He's positionally sound, much better technically than Matic, and his form above all is consistent. For 20 million he's the perfect DM and he would be an immediate upgrade for current Mikel and Matic. Remember, Wilmots prefers Witsel above Dembele and Naingollan if held at gunpoint. Sign him i would say, and get a proper B2B to play alongside him!

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Why are Chelsea insisting that our midfield purchase is a Belgian? Surely there must be other midfielders out there that are better and younger.

Exactly. Get, if possible, Kante+Carvalho. Use Kante as b2b even if he's more of a dm, vastly better than belgian afroman mk2.
Alternatively get Allan from Napoli.

4 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Exactly. Get, if possible, Kante+Carvalho. Use Kante as b2b even if he's more of a dm, vastly better than belgian afroman mk2.
Alternatively get Allan from Napoli.

I don't think William Carvalho is any better than Matic and doesn't offer anything different than him to be honest. 

We should buy Kante and play him in his best position (DM) and buy an actual B2B midfielder like Nainggolan, Witsel, or Gomes.

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I don't think William Carvalho is any better than Matic and doesn't offer anything different than him to be honest. 

We should buy Kante and play him in his best position (DM) and buy an actual B2B midfielder like Nainggolan, Witsel, or Gomes.

Yes, I know and I agree with the sentiment fully.
But if our b2b is going to be Witsel then I reckon we'd have more benefits from playing Kante there, with Carvalho rotating with Matic. I would take Gomes, but for 42 mill? No way, and he wouldn't completely fix our long running midfield problems.
I fear with Witsel we would make very little progress in quality.

Axel Witsel:Chelsea closing in on Belgian Enforcer?

Reports are circulating that Chelsea have turned their attentions to Belgium midfielder Axel Witsel as they look to bolster their options ahead of next season.Having been linked with Witsel’s compatriot Radja Nainngolan for much of the summer, it has emerged that a third bid of as much as £33 million for the AS Roma star was rejected this week – leaving the Stamford Bridge hierarchy with little option but to look elsewhere for midfield options.

Everton are also interested in the midfielder, who joined Zenit St-Petersburg from Benfica for a hefty fee back – around £32 million – in 2012.

“An ideal fit”

The Belgian played a starring role in Zenit’s Russian Cup victory over CSKA Moscow back in May, and would certainly bring a more dynamic box-to-box energy that current midfield options in Nemanja Matic, Cesc Fabregas and John Mikel Obi do not possess.It was rumoured that, prior to his move to Zenit, the Blues had been interested in Witsel back in the summer of 2012. Then-Chelsea midfield star, and former Benfica team-mate of Witsel, Ramires said that the Belgian would be ‘an ideal fit’ for a Premier League side.With our recommendation of best betting apps, you can have your say on how the Blues will fare under Antonio Conte next season. Will Witsel be lining up in Chelsea colours alongside compatriots Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois

TalkChelsea.net

Capture.PNG

both him and nainggolan are overrated. they were getting overrun in midfield the entire first half which is why wilmots had to bring on fellaini who fucked up for the goal

Chelsea are trying to hijack Everton’s move for £28million Axel Witsel. #CFC #EFC #Zenit (Sun)

Chelsea are in pole position to sign Belgium star Axel Witsel as Blues all but agree terms with Everton target’s agents. #CFC #EFC (Sun)

Chelsea have all but agreed terms with Witsel’s agents and now have to agree a fee with #Zenit St Petersburg. #CFC (Sun)

Everton thought they had sealed the deal before Conte weighed in — and Witsel is very keen on a Stamford Bridge switch. #CFC #EFC (Sun)

#Zenit would normally expect at least £50m for a player of Witsel's calibre but he has just 12 months left on his deal. #CFC #EFC (Sun)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You