The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That´s your opinion. Personally, his style of park the bus did not sit well with me. Even Roman was not too pleased about it.

Let me ask you one question.

Who if anybody in the world would you have hired, and do you think they could've got that squad playing beautiful football and win the UCL and FA Cup.

Also keep in mind, no ucl win that year would mean no entry this year and therefore no hazard etc. money injection giving the clubs profit for first time and all the other countless repercussions that could of occurred.

Let me ask you one question.

Who if anybody in the world would you have hired, and do you think they could've got that squad playing beautiful football and win the UCL and FA Cup.

Also keep in mind, no ucl win that year would mean no entry this year and therefore no hazard etc. money injection giving the clubs profit for first time and all the other countless repercussions that could of occurred.

That´s a point I can partially agree with. However, it still does not make me to like DiM style of play. It´s that simple.

That´s a point I can partially agree with. However, it still does not make me to like DiM style of play. It´s that simple.

My point is that our circumstances forced that style and that is by no means indicative of Di Matteo's style. also 3 games, barca and munich, were the only negative style games he played and as i already said, doing otherwise would've been suicide. Madrid couldn't even beat munich at the Allianz arena and barca would've walked all over us too.

Di Matteo's style truly showed its face when he had the chance to bring players in, and that style was, again I say, the best in the league.

My point is that our circumstances forced that style and that is by no means indicative of Di Matteo's style. also 3 games, barca and munich, were the only negative style games he played and as i already said, doing otherwise would've been suicide. Madrid couldn't even beat munich at the Allianz arena and barca would've walked all over us too.

Di Matteo's style truly showed its face when he had the chance to bring players in, and that style was, again I say, the best in the league.

Once again. I do not like that style. I never ever wanna see Chelsea playing some park the bus.

Once again. I do not like that style. I never ever wanna see Chelsea playing some park the bus.

Am I missing something? did we park the bus with Di Matteo this season, the season which RDM first played his style with Chelsea?

Am I missing something? did we park the bus with Di Matteo this season, the season which RDM first played his style with Chelsea?

Well, since Chelsea management bought offensive players & DiM was told to play different style of football cos Roman was not happy about his previous one..the result, he was fired cos he did not do well, then. Perhaps, an offensive style is not for him ?

Well, since Chelsea management bought offensive players & DiM was told to play different style of football cos Roman was not happy about his previous one..the result, he was fired cos he did not do well, then. Perhaps, an offensive style is not for him ?

Nonsense, most of the world reacted to his sacking with shock and anger. Well maybe not shock with Abramovich but his style was getting us results up until the united game. if we stuck with him i'm pretty sure we'd be in a better position then we are today playing some damn good football. If style matters to you so much go and support arsenal (a team who we bettered aestethically under RDM) and there trophiless club or barca. because if it is that perfected tika taka barca style your looking for then forget it, no club has ever played like that before and hiring Guardiola wouldnt of changed that. It's a long process but under rdm we were making progress, using his rash sacking as an argument is almost laughable.

Nonsense, most of the world reacted to his sacking with shock and anger. Well maybe not shock with Abramovich but his style was getting us results up until the united game. if we stuck with him i'm pretty sure we'd be in a better position then we are today playing some damn good football. If style matters to you so much go and support arsenal (a team who we bettered aestethically under RDM) and there trophiless club or barca. because if it is that perfected tika taka barca style your looking for then forget it, no club has ever played like that before and hiring Guardiola wouldnt of changed that. It's a long process but under rdm we were making progress, using his rash sacking as an argument is almost laughable.

Dude don't waste your breath - he's a windup merchant :)

Plus he can do one liners - but can't back his shit up

That's why he lives in the bush ALONE no fucker likes him :)

One big dribble all the way. People were mad cos he won CL, then was sacked. The team could not have continued with him. He is responsible for Chelsea being out of CL now.

Also, I would appreciate if you refrain from telling me whom to support.

One big dribble all the way. People were mad cos he won CL, then was sacked. The team could not have continued with him. He is responsible for Chelsea being out of CL now.

Also, I would appreciate if you refrain from telling me whom to support.

Would we of been in the UCL with him? Patience is a virtue and in the long run there was no reason to doubt him being able to bring success to the club. We were in transition and if we waited a little I'm sure the style you wanted couldve happened with success. A month before his sacking we were top of the EPL and were playing great. infact our losses happened after the united game which was a disgrace and the mikel row. a little patience from roman and maybe we couldve got back to winning ways and of progressed further with the style.

There is no such a thing as hate here. Just pointed out his stronger ability to administer certain style of play.

His style of play give us Champions League and FA Cup trophy, konichiwa bitchez.

You are completely clueless. When did you start supporting us, 2009? If not, then you have an incredibly short memory because that's how we won our back to back titles, by getting one or two goals, and then sitting back and playing solid at the back for the rest of the game. And without our "parking of the bus", we would have never had any chance of beating Barca and Bayern, two sides who were incredibly superior to us offensively, so what else were we supposed to do than try to play ultra safe? Your point is a load of bollocks also because this season, we weren't even parking the bus, we were attempting to play the beautiful, attractive football that Roman so desires. It wasn't "parking the bus" (which we weren't even doing) that that got us into trouble, it was the fact that we kept conceding stupid goals, so I have no idea what you are trying to get at, really.