The Roberto Di Matteo Thread

All this back and forth argueing is making me hungry. Maybe someone should make me a sandwhich.

All I know is that Robbie D, looks like an alien and for that I salute him.

??

Ps to the rest give it a rest.... We were poor, mikel and Lampard isn't working (sure he knows that) and Ramirez and Iva need a little talking to in the managers office. How long till is see a RDM has to go statement I wonder?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this back and forth argueing is making me hungry. Maybe someone should make me a sandwhich.

??

Ps to the rest give it a rest.... We were poor, mikel and Lampard isn't working (sure he knows that) and Ramirez and Iva need a little talking to in the managers office. How long till is see a RDM has to go statement I wonder?

??

lets not panic , remmeber in the league were it matters , we're 9 points from a possible 9. sure newcastle reading and wigan are not world beaters , but manchester united have proved over the years that beating the lesser teams is how you win the league , not the top 4 mini league.

this team can break tight defences and break them well. we will solid up the defence as the season goes on.

we simply dont have right personnel to continue playing 4231 gzme after game. Oscar better come though in the double pivot if RDM wants any shot at staying with the 4231. and i'll say it again, the Oscar signing is the ultimate wild card. He succeeds in pivot role RDM will have dodged major bullet, but if not we're in for a change to 433, and mata will be put back to lw.

we simply dont have right personnel to continue playing 4231 gzme after game. Oscar better come though in the double pivot if RDM wants any shot at staying with the 4231. and i'll say it again, the Oscar signing is the ultimate wild card. He succeeds in pivot role RDM will have dodged major bullet, but if not we're in for a change to 433, and mata will be put back to lw.

We don't have the players for 4-3-3 either. We have only 5 CMs: Mikel, Lamps, Oscar, Oriol and Rami. You can't go for a whole season with only two players as cover for three positions.

We don't have the players for 4-3-3 either. We have only 5 CMs: Mikel, Lamps, Oscar, Oriol and Rami. You can't go for a whole season with only two players as cover for three positions.

Perhaps Luiz and Mata will also start playing in midfield?

Drop Ramires? Really?

Ramires from RW.For me its either drop Mata or Ramires.We either play 4-3-3 with Rami or 4-2-3-1 with Mata.Personally I prefer 4-3-3, I don't really see the Mata hype here, he is good but not really on Silva, Iniesta's level and probably never will.But one thing is as clear as daylight Lampard has to step away asap !

Ramires from RW.For me its either drop Mata or Ramires.We either play 4-3-3 with Rami or 4-2-3-1 with Mata.Personally I prefer 4-3-3, I don't really see the Mata hype here, he is good but not really on Silva, Iniesta's level and probably never will.But one thing is as clear as daylight Lampard has to step away asap !

I can't believe how much you're underrating Mata. He is a class player and at his best is almost as good as Silva. He is only 24 so can get better.

I can't believe how much you're underrating Mata. He is a class player and at his best is almost as good as Silva. He is only 24 so can get better.

imo mata's just as good as silva , both players were great last season , silva looked better in a championship winning team. this season mata has better players around him so we'll see what happens.

IF we do switch back to the 4-3-3, then Malouda becomes an option and we'll have 6 midfielders in total then. That said, playing Malouda as one of the 3 midfielders in the CM is not going to benefit him or us as that will negate his main strengths.