• Ramires
    • Fernando Torres
    • Juan Mata
    • Salomon Kalou
    • (SUB) Daniel Sturridge
    • (SUB) Frank Lampard
    • (SUB) Michael Essien

OMG Lamps and Drog are on the Board now .... The next manager has No chance

Drogba should be gone at the end of this season. Doesn't look like Chelsea are gonna give him a 2 year contract...and his agent is looking for one last big pay-day...so maybe Russia, China, UAE..

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech - 7/10 - what more can you ask from a goalkeeper? Commanding in the air and he did all he could with everything thrown at him. The save from Zigic in front of the away fans was outstanding.

Ivanovic - 8/10 - absolute beast of a performance. Man of the match as far as I'm concerned. Very solid at the back and going forward he was every bit as good and inventive as any other player in white.

Luiz - 7/10 - solid. That is a compliment to Luiz - there was no haphazard defending today. He did what all centre halves should do and find the stands with every clearance. Impressive display.

Cahill - 7/10 - very much the same as above. In fact, he and DL4 are developing a beautiful defensive partnership. They compliment each other extremely well.

Bertrand - 6/10 - the defensive weak-link, though this is the result of his lack of experience at the top level. Still, he held his own. I would have liked to have seen him get forward more often, but when he did he was very cautious. His delivery is normally quite potent, but it was poor here. I'd like to see him play with a bit more expressiveness and confidence, but still he was competent and that is all I ask.

Mikel - 6/10 - the same point for Mikel as for Bertrand; he did his job with minimal fuss. I was actually impressed by the speed of his passing tonight, he had the most urgency out of the midfielders in the first half and was making some intelligent passes to the wings. He is a good squad player and he put in a trademark performance.

Meireles - 6/10 - a game of two halves. Absolutely abysmal in the first half, and everything he tried was either over-hit or innacurate. After the interval he was very good, that is actually the best I've seen him play for us. I kept a special eye on him, the way he demanded the ball was pleasing to see. A beautiful goal and some excellent incisive passing. Decent performance all told, but I'd like to see him more consistent with his play.

Ramires - 7/10 - I can never fault Ramires for his effort and his endeavour, and he covered every blade of grass today. I would like to see him played in a more offensive position because he is actually very creative, with an eye for a good pass. I wish his first touch was better though! Still, he is the backbone of this team and we looked a poorer side going forward after his withdrawal.

Mata - 7/10 - he had a good game, and should have had a perfect hat-trick. He did very well to dig the ball out of his feet for his goal, but the header he missed earlier was very poor, and I was disappointed with his penalty. You have to say it was a good save (as all penalty stops are), but he lacks conviction from the spot, I feel. Still, everything good about our play came courtesy of his left foot. He is our MVP without a doubt.

Torres - 7/10 - cracking performance. What the fuck? I hear you scream. He was superb; his movement, his work-rate and his overall play. He should have had two assists, only for Mata to miss the penalty and Sturridge to somehow miss an open goal. He played very well, battled hard and had some fantastic support from the away fans. I wish he'd have taken the penalty, we were all crying for it. Still, he can hold his head high after that display.

Kalou - 6/10 - he was bright in fits and starts, but he remains the same frustrating little shit we all love to hate. With a run of games he may regain some sharpness, but he didn't seem in control of the ball when in possession today. Did his best to tackle Mata for the first goal as well :lol:

SUBS

Lampard - 4/10 - did he touch the ball? He did fuck all, and we seemed flat as soon as he came on. Stay on the bench, Frankie.

Sturridge - 7/10 - as a Brummie, Sturridge would have needed no incentive to perform tonight, and his cameo was excellent. Still, that was a fucking abysmal miss! :lol:

Essien - 7/10 - he was on for what, 8 minutes? In that period he restored calmness and composure. He is a vital player for us, still.

I will say that imo, Ramires and Ivanovic were our best 2 players. I voted for Rami.... his turns of speed, pace, footwork and energy are a joy to watch. Top player.

Good match. Lads did well and I'm happy we finally scored a goal that looked routine rather then clumsy and lucky. Nice shot by Meireles. Good game for everyone, especially Ivanovic (MOTM for me) and Mata.

Gotta say RdM looked classy on the touchline. Wish him all the best.

Cahill - 7/10 - very much the same as above. In fact, he and DL4 are developing a beautiful defensive partnership. They compliment each other extremely well.

I couldn't have agreed more with that! I hope it can develop, because then we wouldn't have to bite our fingernails over the idea that, if Terry was to leave, we'd have a gaping hole in our defence!

Torres - 7/10 - cracking performance. What the fuck? I hear you scream. He was superb; his movement, his work-rate and his overall play. He should have had two assists, only for Mata to miss the penalty and Sturridge to somehow miss an open goal. He played very well, battled hard and had some fantastic support from the away fans. I wish he'd have taken the penalty, we were all crying for it. Still, he can hold his head high after that display.

I'm glad someone else noticed, it seems I'm watching a totally different game to most on here most of the time. He could of had 3 assists with the chance Mata had in the opening few minutes. His confidence is still shot though but this performance will go a long way in restoring it.

I voted for Meireles for that inspirational strike (+ he was in a slump), but pretty much everyone played well. I'm especially happy with what I saw from Mikel, Bertrand and Kalou, though. Mikel was pretty composed and looked like his old self instead of that lazy, unmotivated and depressing player he was for AVB (it was understandable, though, give how harshly AVB treated him). Kalou was another player I thought AVB treated quite unfairly, and he wasn't great today, but he was decent, and his linkup with Mata gave me hope that perhaps Mata could finally play in the middle without leaving the left flank pretty much empty. It's surprising how AVB never bothered giving Kalou a chance when the only other option he had was Malouda. Bertrand wasn't that great either, but he already seems like a better player than Bosingwa, and apparently Bosingwa is a first team material at Chelsea, so...

Nonetheless, Di Matteo deserves some credit for today's victory as well. I never rated him too highly as a manager, but he managed to lift up the squad a little bit, although it may be a temporary thing with the manager gone and all that. Anyway, his team selection and tactic were effective and really different from AVB's lineup if he was still our manager. It surprised me a little that AVB's assistant should have such a radically different plan from his, but anyway it worked and I hope Cole and Lampard will quit whining about the manager's decision.

Roy Keane rants at Chelsea players for ear flicking

I despise Keane from the bottom of my soul but i have to agree with him on this one.

I'm glad someone put this on YouTube, because he's dead on. The smiles and everything made me sick kind of. I don't expect them to act all depressed but they should show a bit of respect that they've just had their 8th manager sacked in 9 years..

While Keane was right he should be the last person to preech on anything.

Remember this is the bloke who ended a fellow pro's career on purpose.

Don't think he purposley ended his career, he just wanted to hurt him.

First half performance was poor, whatever RDM said at half time it worked, much better second half & can already see the difference, this result is a massive step in the right direction, it may only be Birmingham but we were poor against them at home. We must take every game as it comes now to turn our season around. Players attitude was a lot better tonight & the fans were bloody brilliant as away support always is.

The highlight of the night for me...

FUCK OFF BENITEZ YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.

The message was loud & clear.