• Salomon Kalou
    • (SUB) Daniel Sturridge
    • (SUB) Frank Lampard
    • (SUB) Michael Essien

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of positives tonight. Ok it was only Birmingham but given how a couple of weeks ago we limped to a home draw with them, this certainly shows progression.

Cahill and David Luiz at the back looked at their most solid yet, and with Terry coming back in we have the competition at the back to the season's end. David Luiz in particular looked very solid, swept well and just got rid when needing to.

At times I felt our passing and movement looked very good and much more confident then in recent weeks.

Despite not being their biggest fans, I'm glad Robbie played Mikel and Kalou today because there was no doubt they were out of favour under AVB and the club needs every player pulling in the right direction and hungry to the end of the season if we are going to rescue this. Rotating the squad a bit will keep everybody feeling involved.

I was also very impressed with Robbie himself. He made brave decisions tonight, both tactically and personnel, and also conducted himself to the media after the game very well. He looks so calm and I think that rubs off on the players.

Very good start and hopefully more to come. The acid test will be Napoli, if we can turn around the tie I think the end of this season could prove very successful.

pen shouldve gone to torres, the man deserved it, couldve been the one spark...

It did go, Mata offered it, but he refused... he weaseled his way out of responsibility, like he constantly does during a game also.

Reason he doesn't like taking penalties? It takes great mental strength, something he lacks.

pen shouldve gone to torres, the man deserved it, couldve been the one spark...

but none the less, great game RDM is fitting perfect for the lads...

Fans were calling for him to take it. It's obvious he doesn't want them I don't see the harm in him taking it though... What's the worst he can do... Miss? Not score? He's been doing that for months now. He might as well give himself a decent chance of getting the monkey off his back. If he's not confident then practice them in training. Clearly he's in the frame of mind where he thinks he's never going to score, if he can't get out of that then he's not a goalscorer anymore

People are over-analysing the reason Torres never took the penalty. He is simply not a penalty taker, he never took one for Liverpool or Spain when he was one of the best in the world so why should he take them in the worst form of his career.

People are over-analysing the reason Torres never took the penalty. He is simply not a penalty taker, he never took one for Liverpool or Spain when he was one of the best in the world so why should he take them in the worst form of his career.

He should of taken it because sometimes scoring a goal, seeing the ball go into the back of the net, instead of hitting the post/crossbar or missing the goal frame completely gives you that little bit of confidence for the next match. Who knows what the problem is with Torres, guess we can't sell him cause no club would be willing to sign him unless we offer him for 10 million.

If only we put more faith in youths, we could of had a forward line of: Sturridge, Lukaku, Borini with Sinclair, Stoch on the wings.

But as it stands, our forward line is: Torres (will he score again?), Drogba (leaving or staying?), Kalou (Average player, could of sold him for 10 million pre-2009), Sturridge (as he matures, he'll get better), Lukaku (from Anderlecht starter to CFC reserve)...and then there is the useless Malouda on the wings.

I recall him taking one at the 2006 FIFA World Cup against Tunisia.

Besides any quality striker should be able to take a penalty, and should want too. That's the main job of a striker is to score goals.

Kalou is such a horrible footballer. He can't even do the simple things properly, like make a pass at the right time and he screws things up often. But still, agreed. 10 times better option than Malouda

Chelsea played better than how they used to.To my surprise,Mikel and Kalou had a good game and Ramires was just brilliant.His work rate and commitment on the pitch can't be matched by any of our players.I am glad he signed a 5 year contract with us.I don't if many of you noticed but a few our players like Mata,Ramires and Raul looked very irritated yesterday.The only possible explanation would be the sacking of AVB and I am sure they weren't happy with that decision.

Chelsea played like a completely new team and at some times played some good football but most of the time a lot of the plays were congested with our players.Luiz played more like a sweeper than a defender,which I didn't like.Its good to know that Terry is near to full fitness and hopefully we will see a Cahill-Terry partnership against a very tricky Stoke side.

I know its too early to decide about RDM's managerial skills but I think he did a great job.If he can overcome the Napoli deficit or like Arsenal show some determination and courage like they did against Milan then I don't think we should look for another manager but first, lets see how he does against Stoke.Can't judge him based on only one game but so far he's done a good job.

Based on body language the old guard will definitely be starters in most of the remaining games. Shame.

I hope not. This Chelsea side is great atm, screw the old guard, keep them on the bench unless injuries or fitness...

Kalou is such a horrible footballer. He can't even do the simple things properly, like make a pass at the right time and he screws things up often. But still, agreed. 10 times better option than Malouda

He's a talented guy, it's just he has no footballing brain whatsoever.

I think the reason why RDM gave Kalou some game time yesterday could be because he wants clubs to be interested in Kalou so that when he finally decides to leave Chelsea,he will get a chance to play for another top club and possibly a high transfer for the player.RDM should do the same to players like Hutchinson,Piazon etc.He should give them some 10 minute games so that other clubs will get to see their potential and then decide upon a loan move for them.Making them sit on the bench won't attract many offers.

I thought Meireles was bad up until he scored. The goal was a brilliant strike but most people can hit a roller like that (except Torres). When he gets the ball he makes passes from side to side but no through balls or anything that makes the opposition defense worry. Why dont we play Torres and Lukaku together. They can work off each other. Otherwise our team looked good and Luiz didn't mess around with the ball at the back he cleared it immediately and made things a lot more comfortable. I enjoyed Rammer and Mikel.