• Salomon Kalou
    • (SUB) Daniel Sturridge
    • (SUB) Frank Lampard
    • (SUB) Michael Essien

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lampard showed up and we start giving ball away. Should stay on the bench.

Torres was awful by the most of time but won penalty and pass to Sturridge who was unable to score from long range of 40cm. It's his 3rd time in a row when he waste goal scoring opportunity.

Mata again was unable to beat Birmingham GK ...maybe someone else should start taking PK.

We should won this game at least 3-0 and that's only confirmed what I was saying before... players are responsible for sacking AVB. There must be a punishment for that.

Reply to Sheva

We made the game look like it could of went either way, still not impressed, i expected a lot better than this and it looks like we still have huge problems with that performance. I am gald we've won i said that, i'm just gutted with the performance i expected better, Birmingham bring on a striker and take off a defender, you would expect the premier league side to domiante it even more, but no we get easily presured and back down, Birmingham should of scored at least once when that substitution was made.

Lampard showed up and we start giving ball away. Should stay on the bench.

Torres was awful by the most of time but won penalty and pass to Sturridge who was unable to score from long range of 40cm. It's his 3rd time in a row when he waste goal scoring opportunity.

Mata again was unable to beat Birmingham GK ...maybe someone else should start taking PK.

We should won this game at least 3-0 and that's only confirmed what I was saying before... players are responsible for sacking AVB. There must be a punishment for that.

Basically my thoughts. Happy for the win. Maybe Di Matteo can bring something to this team.

Good win, we should have added a 3rd which would have killed off any hope they had, but shame Mata missed the pen, and Sturridge, don't even know what he's doing anymore.

MOTM for me = Torres. Mikel and Luiz had were good also.

Torres with a good work-rate, what should have been two assists, but still missed a fucking sitter and had some other horror moments as well.

All this 'oh he has 10 assists or whatever this season', 'oh he works hard' is good enough only up til a certain point. 50 games 5 goals that's just shocking.

Positives: Ramires, Cahill, Bertrand. All 3 put in great shifts.

Bertrand was great. He definitely deserves to start over Cole

Reply to Sheva

We made the game look like it could of went either way, still not impressed, i expected a lot better than this and it looks like we still have huge problems with that performance. I am gald we've won i said that, i'm just gutted with the performance i expected better, Birmingham bring on a striker and take off a defender, you would expect the premier league side to domiante it even more, but no we get easily presured and back down, Birmingham should of scored at least once when that substitution was made.

They gained momentum when Mata missed that pen, but for the majority of the match (except the sequence at the end) i thought we did well.

And RDM has only been manager for 2 days, didn't expect anything spectacular, just wanted a win, and players who looked like they wanted to be there.

And this is exactly what i got :)

Nice to see RDM having a lot of support. Hope it lasts till the end of the season.

Interesting points:

Meireles in an advanced role, playing more forward passes.

Luiz taking the ball out of play instead of holding onto it under pressure.

MOTM Ramires..did very well, and was involved in breaking the deadlock.

RDM definitely seems to be on good terms with Lampard, JT and Drogba so don't think we'll see lampard dropped. Even though he was poor when he came on today and shouldnt be starting most games