• Win
  • Clean sheet
  • First half of 2nd half
  • Notable players: Luiz, Cahill, Mata, Ramires, Meireles, Bertrand

Negatives

• 1st half
  • We didn't make B'ham look bad even with their injury crisis
  • Creative issues persist
  • Defensive issues persist (the only reason we didn't concede is because we faced a weakened Championship team)
  • Torres - not a striker anymore, can't shoot for love of god (but he was robbed an assist by Sturridge)
  • Notable players: Torres, Sturridge, Lampard (was invisible yet again)

I'm happy for Di Matteo and Newton. However, I'm not overly optimistic by what I saw, but I'm glad that my prediction (I predicted a loss) was proven not to be. It's a good first step for our previous assistant and current caretaker manager. All in all it was a positive reaction by the squad (not a surprise) in what I feel was a sense of relief by some players in the wake of AVB sacking. I don't think the group would have hugged after a goal with AVB like they did with RDM, so it confirms their former dislike or lack of empathy for the Portuguese.

Ramires was my Man of the Match, he was superb in the midfield, got things moving in the second half.

Kalou was so so so awful! gave the ball away countless times.

First half wasn't great, Birmingham controlled the game and created a lot of chances, second half we turned it around and play some good football. scored twice but could've been more, Torres has no confidence in front of goal but he worked hard throughout the game.

Torres should of taken the penalty, he won it and we we're up 2-0 looking pretty good, take it and try and get some confidence back.

Luiz was great in Defence and I thought Mikel was pretty solid in CDM.

Into the last 8 of the FA Cup and we kept a clean sheet and RDM was able to turn around our poor performance in the first half into a good performance in the second. it's a start good start for RDM.

Mata clearly offered Torres the chance to take the penalty, Torres rejected the offer.

If Mata wasn't in the right frame of mind in the first place, he should have forced it upon someone else.

I think it was more out of courtesy than not wanting to take it himself

Torres should of been man enough to have taken that penalty, his confidence is sooo low that he rejected it. Raul, Brani and Mata tried to convince him to take it, I think it would of been wonderful for his confidence. The game was played at a good tempo, Ivo was the man of the match and Ramires was supreme going forward. Mata's game intelligence was brilliant and I thought the defenders had a solid game too.

if you expected a perfect performance you must have been on something .... And by no stretch of the imagination

could it be called a lucky win , We were clearly on top ..could easily have scored 6 to their 1

They had there chances aswell, but the possession game also dissapointed me. I know it's hard in the space of two days to completely change the team, but you lot are stretching it. Lets just see how they do in the next game, i can see the same problems for the rest of the season just like AVB's to be honest, i just expected a lot more different, because it's naturally like that in football with different managers, just then... it was almost the same.

Don't know how any one can be disapointed.

This was a potential upset, before tonight we hadn't even scored at this ground for 4 years let alone won. A 2-0 win at St Andrews is a good result.

They had there chances aswell, but the possession game also dissapointed me. I know it's hard in the space of two days to completely change the team, but you lot are stretching it. Lets just see how they do in the next game, i can see the same problems for the rest of the season just like AVB's to be honest, i just expected a lot more different, because it's naturally like that in football with different managers, just then... it was almost the same.

I will leave you in your slough of despond and celebrate with relief with happier souls

Torres seems almost furious when Brana & Mata asked him to take it, it was weird.

Did anyone notice Meireles' lack of celebration after he struck that ball. It's like he scored and he proceeded to get back into his half, ready for Birmingham to kick off. It was a muted celebration and I think it's a clear indication of how he felt about dealing in the last few days.

Anyway, it's a performance I pretty much expected. The "José Mourinho" chants at the very beginning were comical. The squad played how I expected it, still quite a few gaps and we're lucky Birmingham are as weak (in terms of their squad) as they were. I'm happy for Di Matteo, he really was lifted by that win and I hope it allows him to fill the squad with good moral going into the weekend. He'll have his eye on Napoli the week after, so I expect some more rotation to happen.

I will leave you in your slough of despond and celebrate with relief with happier souls

Okay keep speaking in your stupid riddles as you do

i'm just stating what i think on this game, i was glad we won, but i'm thinking long term, i'm not getting carried away by just this result, i definitely wasn't getting carried away by the performance. Till we start getting on track then i'll be happy, as for now, no and i can't see anything coming out of it that's where i have the dissapointment.

I'm not sad for the sake of being sad as the way you're trying to state it.