Should AVB be sacked for Mourinho?

Justin_3d

81 members have voted

1. 1. Sack AVB for Mourinho

I don't think AvB has the ability to get the players motivated yet. I may be wrong but that is my opinion.

But, the sole fact of improving for the fans and for the reputation of this club should be enough to gerner some kind of response, plus the large amount of wages they get week-in and week-out.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always brings me back to Scolari though. He talked about how players' conflict stopped his team from progressing, he wanted Drogba gone because Drogba was uncontrollable, even for a disciplined man like Big Phil. Perhaps if Abramovich had listened to him, Scolari could've nabbed the player power before it begin to grow after his dismissal.

André's looked at how Carlo handled it, and Carlo didn't handle it well at all. He realised what happened with Scolari, so he tried to be the nice guy and they walked all over him. The manager has to be authoritarian, like Ferguson and even Wenger, like Mourinho. If he'd have been the nice guy they would've seen weakness in the 33-year old.

Do you not think though under scolari drogba was in his primish ??? , i totally agree with you, but at the time drogba was red roms baby wasnt he and at the time more than likely wouldnt have had a bad word said about him.... and at the time our spine was all at the top of there game, but the hear and now blinkers was on... do you think hiddink saw all of this and why he took on a temp postion, and why he isnt sat in the hot seat now, because do you think roman would of been calling hiddink first ??????

Do you not think though under scolari drogba was in his primish ??? , i totally agree with you, but at the time drogba was red roms baby wasnt he and at the time more than likely wouldnt have had a bad word said about him.... and at the time our spine was all at the top of there game, but the hear and now blinkers was on... do you think hiddink saw all of this and why he took on a temp postion, and why he isnt sat in the hot seat now, because do you think roman would of been calling hiddink first ??????

Well if rumours are to be believed, ever since Hiddink left Chelsea he's been advising Roman and the board, apparently he's been on the payroll to do it as well. Hiddink didn't take the hot seat at the time because of his obligations to being in charge of Russia. It was easy for him to come in with his calm attitude because on the backbone of Scolari the players would've welcomed anyone that, again, they could walk over. Furthermore back then, as you rightly said, Drogba was in his prime and we still had Lampard on form etc.

The reason Hiddink wasn't chosen after Ancelotti is because Roman hand picked André because he wanted to take a gamble on a young manager that could be here for the long term. I'm pretty sure he doesn't enjoy this record of firing managers after the squad fails.

Well if rumours are to be believed, ever since Hiddink left Chelsea he's been advising Roman and the board, apparently he's been on the payroll to do it as well. Hiddink didn't take the hot seat at the time because of his obligations to being in charge of Russia. It was easy for him to come in with his calm attitude because on the backbone of Scolari the players would've welcomed anyone that, again, they could walk over. Furthermore back then, as you rightly said, Drogba was in his prime and we still had Lampard on form etc.

The reason Hiddink wasn't chosen after Ancelotti is because Roman hand picked André because he wanted to take a gamble on a young manager that could be here for the long term. I'm pretty sure he doesn't enjoy this record of firing managers after the squad fails.

Then AVB has to stay, stability and i think Roman knows now that Lampard, Drogba, Terry etc wont be playing when they are 50 !!

So after hearing all the sides, I have to say that the Mourinho camp has a far convincing story.

But my story only falls down to this:

And what can be said about building an identity? Most successful club have lived and died by a philosophy that has become their identity. Our identity was imbedded by the “Special One” but an identity that was not with the mandates of Roman.

Today we are at the crossroad of that identity. Do we build on it or tear it down apart and build a new one? The latter one would be the plans of Roman, but is it realistic?

Well all I can say is that now that we have an improving youth infrastructure, the club needs a manager that can help bridge the gap to the senior team. But to do this you need some manager stability for at least 5 years. It will be very hard to achieve youth integration with constantly new managers ideas, as once stated by recent depart Sinclair.

Also the trend of reduced spending in wages should buckle under one figure authority. No more panic buys that leads to massive wages being misplaced.

If Roman is series about this "AVB project" then all it needs is more water, which in this contexture is time. All the right ingredients are there, and if Roman really has learned from his past mistakes, he will not stop in front of this great project.

Chelsea right now is on the edge of total failure, or total renewal to become one of the most successful fear club of the decade.

So it’s up to you to decide. Do we make 2012 as the year where our world ends? Or we make 2012 as the year of a new awakening?

-Justin

This was my opinion back a couple of days ago and still stand by it.

However it can't be denied that Mourinho right now is far superior to AVB, as well are Hiddink, Bielsa and Pep.

Now, even though I am a big fan of Bielsa, would I sack AVB for Bielsa? Absolutely not!

The men is here, so let him work. You don't run a club like that, hire one guy for one season to fire him next season and get someone else.

Only delusional fools run a club like that!

And we will see where Roman falls.

Fernando Torres' former agent: Chelsea's Villas-Boas ‘really close to getting sacked'

http://sports.yahoo....esformeragentch

Expect this headline tomorrow: "My neighbor's cousin says AVB will get sacked this week"! :rolleyes:

So you neighboor is late, because right now the everybody know he "is really close to getting sacked".

Really the times lukaku has played he looked out of his depth his touch was piss poor, Torres has not got the goals we have needed granted but his ove all play has been good, his assists, i think the torres situation is due to his high price tag and the players not liking it, its that player power thing again, players thinking they are bigger than the club.

Yeah but thats like saying Torres hasn't looked out of his depth. Torres looks/is dogshit. Torres is getting praised for an assist or two when Rooney does that week in week out, doesn't need or want any praise. How would anyone know unless we at least gave Lukaku a minimum of 2 90 minute games to see?

Yeah but thats like saying Torres hasn't looked out of his depth. Torres looks/is dogshit. Torres is getting praised for an assist or two when Rooney does that week in week out, doesn't need or want any praise. How would anyone know unless we at least gave Lukaku a minimum of 2 90 minute games to see?

Yeaaah but can't really blame fans for that. Like you said, he's been dogshit this season and we're all very desperate to see the world-class Torres come back to life. It's therefore normal to get excited when we do see an assist or 2, because it just fills us with a tiny bit of confidence in him. It's a rational thing to do.

The thing that gets me with people slating Torres is look at the 31st of jan when he signed !!!! people was going crazy and loved the guy, now most people are on his back the media should be hung at dawn.... the media basically bully the guy nationally, then they will have a spread about a kid that was bullied on line and something bad happened its the same thing really when you think about it but thats the media all over. i stand by my words i think it comes back to the player power, and you can just imagine the players that resent torres that think they are better than what they actually are, Torres is world class you cant deny the guy dont have tallent that hasnt shown properly since he got hear... Form is tempory, class is perminant and id hate for him go go somewhere else find that form and start scoreing against us like he did when at liverpool, and home and away his name gets sung and fully behind him, its the arm chair fans/wannabe managers that could do much better that are on his back...

Having Jose' Mourinho at the helm is a bigger draw for players than being a Champions League club. He is a superstar in his own right, a once in a lifetime manager and his return would be hailed as the second coming of christ. It would be huge, the press would be all over us for good reasons.

Exactly! Why would he want to come back?Why would any top manager want to come here for that matter the way things are run.They have no time to make changes or anything.Out of the 5 managers we've had since Jose left..the longest has lasted 2 years.

Exactly! Why would he want to come back?Why would any top manager want to come here for that matter the way things are run.They have no time to make changes or anything.Out of the 5 managers we've had since Jose left..the longest has lasted 2 years.

Coming back for:

1. challenge

2. change things

3. show that he's the boss

but thats provided if ROMAN offers him the job.