Chelsea 1-1 Birmingham

BlueLion.

I expect alot of changes in our lineup especially after today's alledged "row" between Andre and the "older egos".

Yes, but I have read that Meireles, Bosingwa and David Luiz are firmly on AVB's side. I read this in The Sun, mind, but does make sense as AVB certainly would class these amongst his 'favourites'. Fully expect to see Boss at LB.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but I have read that Meireles, Bosingwa and David Luiz are firmly on AVB's side. I read this in The Sun, mind, but does make sense as AVB certainly would class these amongst his 'favourites'. Fully expect to see Boss at LB.

I think it makes sense that the portoguese and spanish speaking players are on AVB's side..

Anyone else find it totally f*cked up that we have to talk about sides in our team? :doh:

You could say the same for some of our younger players. One of them doesn't even look as good as Lucas. :D

I agree haha, but it doesn't seem piazon will break through yet. Then people get annoyed with André for not giving him a chance.

If Piazon comes into the team and flops, it'll destroy his confidence most likely. AVB is doing the right thing to let him train with the first team and sit on the bench at Stamford Bridge, it's a good experience for him. He can't possibly be ready for first team football in the world's toughest league.

Saville, Lalkovic, Affane, the Clifords, etc...are all at least as good as Lucas and have been here much longer than he has.

Because they've been here longer means fuck all. Just saying.

And if they really are as good, then why have they not gotten called up to the first team?

Because they've been here longer means fuck all. Just saying. And if they really are as good, then why have they not gotten called up to the first team?

Piazon hasn't played a single competitive game either. Not even in Brazil. Not saying he's not talented. But imo he doesn't deserve all this hype when he's not shown anything yet. Of course we hope that he becomes a good footballer, but it's a long way to go still

Because they've been here longer means fuck all. Just saying.

And if they really are as good, then why have they not gotten called up to the first team?

Mainly because they never played for the U17 Brasil side. I've seen Lucas playing in many games at both youth and reserve level and I can honestly say he hasn't got anything over the rest of our youngsters. His talent is undeniable, but so everyone else's.

Mainly because they never played for the U17 Brasil side. I've seen Lucas playing in many games at both youth and reserve level and I can honestly say he hasn't got anything over the rest of our youngsters. His talent is undeniable, but so everyone else's.

Fair enough, but the question is why did AVB select him to train with the first team ahead of the many players you and many others seem to think are on the same level or even better than him?

Piazon hasn't played a single competitive game either. Not even in Brazil. Not saying he's not talented. But imo he doesn't deserve all this hype when he's not shown anything yet. Of course we hope that he becomes a good footballer, but it's a long way to go still

He was going to get this oppurtunity sooner rather than later, before we bought him.

I'm not calling for him to start, but surely 10-20 minutes in cup games can't be too much to ask?

What the hell with Piazon ? We have players better than him in the reserve / youth team. It's fortunate for him that he looks like Kaka and not Kalou... Imagine what would be his hypes.

Uhmmm no, he stands out in reserve matches, some what i've seen. Plus he's scored some good goals, scored a cracker against Arsenal, and kicks out a good pass, there's a reason why he was put into our squad against Swansea out of all the other reserves.